Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2013 8:20:56 PM EDT
I am trying to buy another truck big enough to haul my tractor/loader/backhoe to do major repairs at my camp 200 miles away. My Vandura3500  has electrical and tranny issues. It is also borderline towing max limits when it comes to hills. Also has overheating problems. The search for a replacement truck is eating up alot of my free time.
I have been trying to view these trucks on CL in person both here in NH and Mass.
These Craigslist guys do not put phone numbers in there ads but have only email contacts through Craigs list. The don't even tell you where to find the vehicles. Unfortunately they don't read their fracken emails.
Then they wonder why nobody is interested in their trucks. Well. DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I have the money to spend on some of these vehicles but like I wrote one guy with a F600.
" I could have had your truck sitting in my yard a week ago if you even called my cell phone  number that I sent you."
Looks like a real nice truck too.
I'll be checking out two vehicles on Saturday up north. These are private sales that are not CL related.
One of them is a F450 with flared side bed/diesel. The other a flat bed F450/gas.
By the way.
Most Mass trucks look like they were driven in the ocean everyday.
I saw some 2004 trucks with rotted out frames. Really the frames were fucken gone. I hand the dealer in Plaistow the chunks of cross members. Boy was he pissed at me.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
CSB.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the real nice one.

1986 Ford F600 gas V8. Only 30k miles

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I did find some great deal out there with all  the info. This is a real nice one too.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3893462011.html

It has air brakes and I don't have a commercial lic.

Dont have time and money to get one either
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
For those of you interested.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3847319898.html

We have several for sale in the state. The others are cheaper.

Even some Willys.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
i think MA uses liquid calcium chloride to salt the roads as well as crushed gravel... gives everything a nice sandblasing while dumping salt all over it...

NH i think still uses rock salt and sand

things could have changed its been a few years since i left MA
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Just found this.

http://nh.craigslist.org/ctd/3912129986.html
Does a D6500 have air brakes?

I'll have to call him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i think MA uses liquid calcium chloride to salt the roads as well as crushed gravel... gives everything a nice sandblasing while dumping salt all over it...

NH i think still uses rock salt and sand

things could have changed its been a few years since i left MA
View Quote

I watched a news report from the cape during Sandy.

The town trucks were driving through the surf going over the road.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Have to hit the sack.

I'm leaving at 6AM.

Andre

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I just sold two vehicles on craigslist. I don't put my phone number in the ad because I don't feel like handing out to 10 million spammers. It's already a pain to sort through the spam emails.

I simply call them if they email me their number or if they have a question I simply send my number along in the reply.

Sold one of them to an out of state buyer sight unseen. Made arraignments over the phone, picked him up at the airport, and stopped by the bank and he was on his way happy as a clam.

It's really not that hard. I also had about 6 buyers that were no shows.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
1/10

1 for cool truck pics
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you know anybody with a CDL?  Study for the test, buy the truck, have your buddy pick it up and you both go down to the DMV for your test.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#12]
It never stops amazing me how people who want to sell something have the crappiestads with no pix, little info, don't respond to emails, if there is a number they don't answer or reply via text or send back a one word reply 2 days later. I usually send 2 emails and at least 2 calls  after that I'm done. I tried to avoid dealers because I don't trust them but ended up finding a good deal on exactly what I wanted from a small dealer who had a couple small pictures on cl. It was actually as descibed (unlike most) had it checked out, made an offert and bought in the next day. It was obvious he was actually wanting to sell the truck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Helo.

Is it stil avalable?

Thank you.

Habib
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I did find some great deal out there with all the info. This is a real nice one too.

View Quote

DOT CDL requirement is by weight not air brakes. Some states have air brake laws, but they are few. 26000lbs is the cutoff.

Too many people in the industry argue about this, but fucking look it up.  You are probably wrong.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
DOT CDL requirement is by weight not air brakes. Some states have air brake laws, but they are few. 26000lbs is the cutoff.

Too many people in the industry argue about this, but fucking look it up.  You are probably wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did find some great deal out there with all the info. This is a real nice one too.

Its hydraulic brakes.

The frame is clean and solid but the floor on the drivers side has an escape hatch in the floor.

As for the weight. If you are towing behind said truck and it a commercial use the whole thing changes since they add the towing weight of both vehicles.

Local Leo in Lancaster tried to write me up because I had both the GMC and the loaded trailer. He did not believe me that it was non comm. Had to get a state Leo to explain it to him.

Non Comm plates on all vehicles along with camping gear with friends following me.

If it is a camper then we are talking about something else. But a vehicle that looks commercial. Have the paperwork correct.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/driver-licensing/commercial/classifications.htm

I register the truck through the State since the town fucks up all the paperwork to get extra money on the registrations.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Went over to Lunenburg mass to check out a  couple of truck. One was ID a a white truck.

See below.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3929549457.html

The owner sold this truck a month ago and never removed it from CL.

BTW. Still not removed.

What and Asshat.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For those of you interested.

http://images.craigslist.org/3Lb3Fa3H35Ie5H25J9d630dfeb01073871559.jpg

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3847319898.html

We have several for sale in the state. The others are cheaper.

Even some Willys.
View Quote

I saw one off of 93 yesterday near the liquor store
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate when people don't put their phone number in their Craigslist ad.  I also hate when they leave a car up for sale after they've already sold it.  

I always put my phone number in my ads.

And how hard is it to take a few decent pictures, for fuck's sake?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Scored this baby tonight.

1986 Ford F600 370 CI V8

Have to double check the carb when I pick it up. Might be a 4 barrel

Drove nice. Odd e-brake switch and system.

The owner/seller was a real nice guy.

I need to register it before picking it up. Had I been there in the day time I could have gotten a temporary plate from the local town hall

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
FrackKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not go and  pick up the F600 tonight.

Broke a right inner brake pad of the Dakota. It tore into the rotor metal to metal.

All that is left is the steel of the pad and not the graphite. The outer pad looks almost 75% there.

The left brakes look 75% inner and outer.

Drove home 20 miles from where it happened in Allenstown. Somewhere on Rt. 28 near MegaX is my brake pad.

Ill have to get new brake pads and a rotor. Just replaced them last fall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top