User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 9:54:42 AM EDT
Not all Muslims are terrorists, but,
all terrorists are Muslims.

Hmmmm... logic, or is just me?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at all the crap happening in the world today and 2 things stand out as major contributors. Drugs and Islam. Both will kill for you.
Just say No.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not all Muslims are terrorists...
View Quote

That's not fair,  Every group has its slackers!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Troll [smoke]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not all Muslims are terrorists, but,
all terrorists are Muslims.

Hmmmm... logic, or is just me?
View Quote

Not true:

1.  Aum Shinrikyo
2.  Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
3.  Japanese Red Army (JRA)
4.  Kach and Kahane Chai
5.  Liberation Tigers of Tamil Elam (LTTE)
6.  National Liberation Army (ELN)
7.  Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)
8.  Revolutionary Organization 17 November (17 November)
9.  Revolutionary People's Struggle (ELA)
10.  Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso, SL)
11.  Tupac Amaru
12.  Revolutionary Movement (MRTA)
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually TSL, that logic is flawed. If all Terrorists are Muslim, we can only say that "if not Muslim then not terrorist," according to that logic. It's a simple contrapositive rule in formal logic. If "A then B" can only mean "If not B, then not A." You can't say that "If A then B" is the same as "If B then A."
This actually deals with set-theory and can get really complicated. Anyhow, I don't think all Muslims are that bad but there certainly are a disproportionate number of bad guys in that community. But what irks me is when these Muslims come out and say all this crap about how Islam is about peace........ok fine. If Islam is really about peace, that's great. But don't preach to us Christians that. Tell your violent terrorist Muslim brothers that Islam is about peace, not us. You've already told us 5000 times. This is why I'm led to believe that lots of those so-called peaceful Muslims are actually terrorist sympathizers who would love to see our destruction also. Now, that bothers me greatly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Flawed.

Any all-encompassing class generalization with respect to humans and their beliefs/behaviour is by definition a logical fallacy.  

There is ALWAYS an exception.

For Ed Sr.:
It's over Johnny. IT'S OVER!

Nothing is over, nothing!  You just don't turn it off!    

LOL!  I love First Blood!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I've heard it said that only the Palestinians and other Islamists utilize suicide bombers, but that's not true.  Sri Lankans have used them in the past in their war against Indians.  I think they even took out the President of India once with a suicide bomber in the 80's, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard this on the radio yesterday and thought this to be fasinating.

Did anybody know that of the 22 armed conflicts going on around the world, that 20 of them have something to do with Islam.

Makes one kinda wonder about Islam really being the religion of peace!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Not all Nazis were members of the SS or Gestapo either...
Some were ordinary clerks and bookeepers..
They were complicit on many different levels and bore guilt accordingly
They all supported Hitler and his henchmen didnt question critisize or scrutinize too closely
There were plenty of Nazi apologists in the media ..just like today...
And many of the so called 'moderate' Nazis put forth much propaganda elaborating on the ideals of moderate Naziism..
It works real well to have half your people in a military style attack operations world wide..and the other half immigrating into a free society (especially one controlled by your mortal enemies Christians and Jews)
Then put all your billions in oil money in notion of moderate Islam..put lots of money into the media (buy up a few newservices) advertising...and put lots into American liberal politicians pockets....next thing you know you have the biggest names in broadcasting carrying your message for you and the American sheep will lap it up as the gospel truth..
And you have lots of famous people in your pocket to convince your enemy that anyone who objects is a racists or intolerant...
Even when the truth of what happens in Islamic nations is right in front of them...They stay bought and they stay deluded...
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Have to do with Islam, or do they merely involve Muslims?

It irritates the hell out of me when people assume that just becuase Muslims are involved, issue is Islam.  For example, the Chechens.  They are not fighting for Islam.  There is also a difference between the PLO and Islamic Jihad.  The PLO is fighting over the liberation of an area, whereas I.J. is fighting for propogation of their religion.  It's an important distinction when dealing with terrorists because each require different approaches to deal with.  Religious radicals are much more difficult to deal with, whereas political terrorists often have a more tangible agenda.
I guess the PLO and IJ are a little closer together, so let me use someone else.  IRA and Aum Shinrikyo...same parallel.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Stallone's speech at the end (of First Blood) is priceless.  I love how he relives the war in his head and just has to smash stuff in the room when he's talking about being entrusted with million dollar equipment.  

Who says that guy can't act?  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Ummm, if they follow the koran, yes they are.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#15]
The Muslims that are not terrorists are [size=4]SLACKERS[/size=4].
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Muslims that are not terrorists are [size=4]SLACKERS[/size=4].
View Quote

Shot over the bow!

Next one will be shot for effect and will sink you![;)]  
[bounce]          [50]
View Quote

Too P.C.

IBTL

Jay
[img]http://members.cox.net/azcop/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, and not all gun owners are believers in the RKBA guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

But gun owners must and should recognize that they must, at some point, join in or their rights will suffer.

Devout Moslems should understand that they are either going to have to clean up their religion and make certain that we understand that they eschew the faith of the terrorists, that they deny them, and condemn them, or, be lumped in with them.

Sorry.

That is just being realistic.

Does Christianity condemn those who kill the abortionists?

It had better, for its Founder would certainly have condemned them.

Thankfully, Christians do, as well, in every instance!

Every adherent who knows [b]Jesus[/b], knows that [b]Jesus[/b] does not ask any believer to kill anyone for His sake, or for the sake of His Gospel.

If you are a Christian and don't understand that, then I seriously wonder about the state of your faith.

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Have to do with Islam, or do they merely involve Muslims?

It irritates the hell out of me when people assume that just becuase Muslims are involved, issue is Islam.  For example, the Chechens.  They are not fighting for Islam.  There is also a difference between the PLO and Islamic Jihad.  The PLO is fighting over the liberation of an area, whereas I.J. is fighting for propogation of their religion.  It's an important distinction when dealing with terrorists because each require different approaches to deal with.  Religious radicals are much more difficult to deal with, whereas political terrorists often have a more tangible agenda.
View Quote

You comments make me think that you dont really understand Islam that well. If the Chechens are not fighting for Islam why then do Muslims flock there from all over the world to fight and die alongside the Chechens?  Because they really believe in an independent Chechen state?  I dont think so. Why did the Chechen terrorists in Moscow release all Muslims, instead of just Chechens? This is not a matter of simple nationalism.

Why didn't all these Muslim Jihadists just leave Chechnya after the Russians retreated in 1995?  Why did they continue operating in Russian provinces to the north?  Answer: they were fighting to bring more Russian lands into the fold of Islam.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I've always been easy going and open minded, but
I don't even trust the animated ones anymore!
[img]http://www.sullivan.nu/pictures/mugapu.jpg[/img]
Actually I think Apu is eastern Indian, but
you get the point.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]
How bout this...we are at war, correct?

We are not fighting communist.

We are not fighting Nazi's.

We are not fighting Budhhist.

We are fighting Muslims...we will have to kill Muslims in the next few months. We are being killed by Muslims today.

So...who is our nation's enemy?

It is...the Muslim.

IBTL
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
If legitmate Muslim communities in America don't have the guts to ride herd on (and apparently they don't) the radicals within their ranks.

[b][red]Screw'em ![/red][/b]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes, and not all gun owners are believers in the RKBA guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

But gun owners must and should recognize that they must, at some point, join in or their rights will suffer.

Devout Moslems should understand that they are either going to have to clean up their religion and make certain that we understand that they eschew the faith of the terrorists, that they deny them, and condemn them, or, be lumped in with them.

Sorry.

Every adherent who knows [b]Jesus[/b], knows that [b]Jesus[/b] does not ask any believer to kill anyone for His sake, or for the sake of His Gospel.

If you are a Christian and don't understand that, then I seriously wonder about the state of your faith.

View Quote

Eric,
  VERY well said! This is absolutely true!

slider
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If legitmate Muslim communities in America don't have the guts to ride herd on (and apparently they don't) the radicals within their ranks.
View Quote

[b][size=3]EXACTLY![/size=3][/b]  I've been saying that over and over for more than a year.  If Islam is really the "peaceful" religion they want us to believe they are, why don't they get off their collective asses and clean house?  I think the answer is apparent by their inaction.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#26]
not all  muslims are bad, in fact very few Americans of the Muslim faith are anti American. my step son is Muslim , and just last week he decided to join the USAF, he is a proud American, and going to be serving his country.
also id like to know how people can bash a marijuana discussion, because it makes the AR15 community look bad, but not comment on a post about how all muslims are terrorists? Timothy McViegh was supposedly Christian, the KKK are supposed to be Christians, lots of white power racist groups say they are Christian, but we dont confuse the faith of Christ with these groups. flame me if you will, but i know many good Muslims.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorry.

View Quote

if you came upon a man holding a gun to an infants head and you had the chance to stop him from killing the infant by shooting him, would you? what would Jesus do? whats the difference between this and killing abortion doctors?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

[size=4]If 70% of a group is against me , it would serve me well not to incite the other 30% to join them![/size=4]

When people are trying to kill you,the less of them, the better.

What you want to do is eliminate those that are professing their hate for us and try to win those that are not fundamentalist extremists!
View Quote

So Ed, are you saying we should eliminate those that we cannot win over?

LOL

...still trying to figure-out what I said to get a shot over the bow.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Not all Muslims are terrorists? Prove it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Stallone's speech at the end (of First Blood) is priceless.  I love how he relives the war in his head and just has to smash stuff in the room when he's talking about being entrusted with million dollar equipment.  

Who says that guy can't act?  
View Quote

Probably his best movie.

He was also ready to take on 200 LEO's and lot's of M16's.

"Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment, back here I can't even hold a job...parking cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You see how Teasle was armed with an HK93?
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top