Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 9:45:21 AM EDT
I may have to move to DE. My wife owns a home there and my job may entail a move there. Are there any surprises awaiting me as far as gun control???

Thanks in Advance [grenade]

BM XM15 E2S V Match Carbine Rifle
2-HK USP45 - SS
1-HK USP45c - SS
1-Sig Sauer P-230 - SS

Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing as far as restrictions on statutorily defined 'assault rifles' or hi-cap mags.  DE is a non-NFA state so you cannot possess NFA weapons there.  Concealed carry is possible for residents only, but its difficult.  If you're a LEO working for the state police or a municipal dept., its much easier.

If you're in New Castle County, there's a decent county owned range open to the public.  Its not the best facility -open air, concrete enclosed, steel backstop- but at about $4/hr, its cheap and there's almost never a crowd.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks. yes, I'm a LEO, but travel allot, never thought I would be settling up north. My wife's home is in Dover, so I am not sure where that is in relation to New Castle. In the capacity I'm in Class III will not be a problem, I was mostly concerned about my AR and if they had any hand gun restrictions (like my wife to carry...).

Thanks Again[sniper]

Quoted:
Nothing as far as restrictions on statutorily defined 'assault rifles' or hi-cap mags.  DE is a non-NFA state so you cannot possess NFA weapons there.  Concealed carry is possible for residents only, but its difficult.  If you're a LEO working for the state police or a municipal dept., its much easier.

If you're in New Castle County, there's a decent county owned range open to the public.  Its not the best facility -open air, concrete enclosed, steel backstop- but at about $4/hr, its cheap and there's almost never a crowd.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top