Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 9:02:37 AM EDT
We were all way off when it came to our guesses on the DC sniper asshole.

Me: I did say it had to be two guys, so I was right about that one. However, I believed they definitely were insiders, say, LEOs, CIA, etc. How else could they completely evade a dragnet that wide. How could they infiltrate, do their business (13 shots fired, 13 hits, 10 fatalities), and exfiltrate into thin air? I was impressed with that performance. I also thought they were using a bolt rifle and might be using sewer/underground systems to get away.

Garandman: He thought they were also using a bolt rifle but figured they didn't really know what they were doing (aka no formal training) b/c they were using .223 caliber ammo.

My Ranger sniper buddy: Was not surprised they were using .223 and pegged the "shooting from inside a vehicle" idea. On the other hand, he was convinced the perp(s) were LEOs or somehow involved in the investigation. He figured that was the only way they were getting away cleanly.

After they were caught, we chuckled to ourselves that it was just another black guy with a gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Atleast it wasn't another white guy with a gun and an attitude.  Now there are minority gun ownership rights involved, which the libs HATE.  

I'm happy they got this scumbag, but abhore how Moose MD handled the release of composites and witness statements of the perp.  

White trucks and white guys with ladders, right?  HA!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I missed a bunch during Aug, Sept for coaching.  What happened to Garandman?  Haven't seen a post of his for a while????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top