Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 6:32:05 AM EDT
There's something nagging at the back of my mind about the Bushmaster XM-15 A-3 and its aluminum case.

Where the heck did a guy that was stealing steaks from the local supermarket and then trying to sell them to people in the street and was living in the lighthouse mission, Who could only pay $250.00 for a car...Get the money for an $800.00+ rifle, Ammo, Tripod and one of those expensive aluminum cases? I think it's the case that bothers me the most. Fancy aluminum cases are not something someone who is worried about where their next meal is coming from buy.

Were there other armed robberies that financed this...Or did the money for this rifle come from some place else...Like A Nation of Islam Mosque?

Was Mohammed pimping out Malvo's young ass to make money?

I mean this is pretty weird Muhammed just coming up with that kind of cash and buying expensive non-needed accessories like that Aluminum Case....like he had lottsa money coming in...It makes no sense.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Could it be [b]STOLEN[/b]? After all, he could not have legally bought the firearm. He has a criminal background, an other than honorable discharge, adn was under a violence related restraining order. Surely, he could not have slipped past the background check? That would mean the background checks are not stopping criminals from getting guns.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
John Muhammad owned an auto repair shop and then was partners in a karate studio before he hit the skids.

He wasn't always homeless. If you recall, the neighbors heard shooting in WA when he lived in the house. I am sure he had the rifle back then.

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=716&e=5&u=/usatoday/20021025/ts_usatoday/4566346[/url]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Good question. I wonder if he had any "support" from his islamic friends as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah but I thought he bought the Rifle in question in Washington State in June of this year.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yeah but I thought he bought the Rifle in question in Washington State in June of this year.
View Quote

BATF reported he ordered it from a WA dealer on May 23, 2000, over two years ago.  Perhaps it was before he fell on hard times.  Had to give up everything, live like a bum, but he held onto his Bushy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#6]
maybe I just need a time line to spell it all out for me, But there are some things in this sequence of events that just don't seem to make sense.

Where was he getting the money to run back and forth across the country?

He seems to have pretty much been totaly without income for quite some time, but is buying and doing expensive things.

The Auto repair shop and the Karate school were years back....Where's his money been coming from since then?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Robbing liquor stores.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#8]
May of 2000 huh, well that would make a little more sense....When did he live in the house that had the tree stump removed?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

BATF reported he ordered it from a WA dealer on May 23, 2000, over two years ago.  Perhaps it was before he fell on hard times.  Had to give up everything, live like a bum, but he held onto his Bushy.
View Quote

As fucked up as he and this situation might be, I do hope that if I ever hit hard times I can still hang on to my Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
your pobably right Dover, I kinda think that we will find out, that there were a whole string of Armed robberies across the country, on the dates that Muhammed was moving back and forth from Washington State to Alabama to The D.C/N.J. area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top