Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 9:27:24 PM EDT
Finally... some news reporter wrote an article based on fact and research instead of some ass clown former Army Delta talking heads opinion.

Thanks to Michelle Mittelstadt of the Dallas Morning News and King5.com in Seattle. No rhetoric, no opinion. Nothing but the facts.

[url]http://www.nwcn.com/sharedcontent/northwest/specialreport/stories/NW_102402NABbushmaster.ede460b7.html[/url]

[b][size=4]Gun maker queried about gun found in car[/b][/size=4]

Allen Faraday, vice president for administration at Bushmaster Firearms, a Maine gun dealer that produces about 50,000 rifles a year, said they were contacted this morning by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms which asked them to run a serial number.

The bureau didn't announce the purpose, but Bushmaster has since figured it's the weapon recovered from the Muhammad car.

The serial number is for an AR-15 semiautomatic, with a 16-inch-barrel and 10-round magazine that left the factory in June of this year, sold to a Washington state distributorship that Bushmaster won't identify. It was not accompanied by a scope or tripod when sold. The gun retails for about $850-$900.

The AR-15 is the civilian version of the M-16. This one is an XM15 A3M4. The A3 designation means it's a flattop, which allows it to carry a scope. That model is very popular with law enforcement. The M4 means a 16-inch barrel configuration, the smallest size. While popular with law enforcement, it also has a "big following in the competitive shooting industry," Faraday said.

Asked about landing in the middle of a huge news story, Faraday said: "It's something we dread."

Management at the Windham, Maine factory gathered the 75 employees Thursday morning to break the news to them and to say "we don't have anything to apologize for. We work very hard to make a high class, quality product that is used out there by hundreds of thousands of people that have bought it over the years for the protection of our country," Faraday said.

"It's not right for one person to cause a whole industry to get a black eye."

Here's more information about this type of weapon:

Caliber: .223 Remington (5.56mm)
Magazine Capacity: 10 rounds standard clip (accepts all M16 type ammunition), with some versions carrying a 30-round magazine
Overall Length: 34.75 inches (88.3 cm)
Weight w/o magazine: 6.7lbs
Mode of operation: Semi-automatic (the trigger must be pulled each time a round is fired)
Aiming: Front and rear sights standard, can be fitted with a rifle scope
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder when some ___ is going to discover the Beta C mag and tell the world how much of an evil weapon of mass destruction the AR-15 really is.

He took single shots people!!! (ranting to the sheeple not to this board)

This could have been accomplished with a simple bolt action hunting rifle or even a black powder muzzle loader for that matter.

It upset me when Van Hussen tried to lead a "gun expert" into saying that the AR-15 was a more lethal weapon than any other type rifle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
After all the shit is banned, the anti's are gonna piss in their panties when the muslims come to burn their asses down.  Just like they did to the Hindu's and the Chinese in Indonesia and India.  On a more positive note, the Hindu's enacted some revenge on them.

The POS anti's are gonna beg for police protection and are gonna find out that mere handguns are not enough to quell ravaging muslims posse's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Come to think of it... did anyone contact the manufacturers of the box cutters used by the 9-11 hijackers/terrorists about how they feel about their box cutters being used to kill and facilitate the destruction of nearly 3000 lives?

What a missed opportunity...

I am sitting here watching the replay of the team that closed in on the 2 perps in this case and what type of weapon is that I see many of them carrying?? Oh my gosh!  They are an assault team and they are carrying "sniper" rifles!  Yes boys and girls - those are full auto versions of the very deadly "assault rifle"!  The weapon of choice of many law enforcement agencies to serve and protect the public!

What are our heroes doing carrying such a sinister and deadly weapon???

The Sniper
[sniper]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After all the shit is banned, the anti's are gonna piss in their panties when the muslims come to burn their asses down.  Just like they did to the Hindu's and the Chinese in Indonesia and India.  On a more positive note, the Hindu's enacted some revenge on them.

The POS anti's are gonna beg for police protection and are gonna find out that mere handguns are not enough to quell ravaging muslims posse's.
View Quote

Somehow I feel it'll be less dramatic than that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#5]
1 out of 50,000. Mine didn't hurt anyone. Must have been a manufacturing mistake. I'm not holding Bushmaster responsible. Oh, wait a minute, I DIDN'T HURT ANYONE WITH MINE!

Out of how many hockey pucks made last year, at least one of them killed a girl sitting in the stands at a game. Ban EVIL BLACK HOCKEY PUCKS!

I'm definitely not going to be waiting with a slingshot when whoever wishes to harm me comes knocking.

Forrest is out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I read the legal documents filed on these guys this morning.  The rifle is described a little differently in them.  They give the model, catalog number , and serial number.  There is some other intersting info also.  You can find it at:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jamuhammadD1.html

I have seen members write about how loud this  mini-y comp is and they are really right.  I have shot next to them in a pit-like , small range and it required muffs and plugs.  If he kept the muzzle inside the trunk it would have made it easier to muffle it, but wow the muzzleblast.  He had a book on homemade silencers according the the legal documents.  I wonder why?  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Somehow I feel it'll be less dramatic than that.
View Quote

Ya, but I sure as hell had fun typing it.[:P]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]
What th'......I thought you were talking about the Sniper Urban Vehicle!!!!!

Muhammad bought the car last month for $250 in New Jersey. The name of the car dealer, believe it or not, was [b]Sure Shot Auto
     Sales.[/b]

A four-door Caprice was previously mentioned in the sniper case, but never received a fraction of the attention bestowed on stories of
     a white truck and a white van witnesses saw at two shooting sites.

[b] On Oct. 12, the same day investigators released a wanted poster of a white truck, Washington, D.C., police chief Charles H. Ramsey
     said investigators were also looking for a Chevrolet Caprice seen leaving the fatal shooting of Pascal Charlot, 72.[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top