Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 8:44:22 PM EDT
When Goatboy & I spoke the other night I thought I might have time to post a farewell explanation in the BRC forum ref it’s being removed before it happened but we really didn’t make any firm decision upon that.

What we did decide was that since the event was the idea of Castle & we acted as organizer, we should view the event more as an industry event and NOT an AR15.COM one.  From the inception of BRC we meant to include all variations of military style firearms, not only ARs, hence the name of the event & it’s separate website.  Castle bore the entire loss for the event in 2002 & learned from it.  Like the LEGP, we paid a per person fee to the owners of AR15.COM for every registered attendee. We did this since we were given a forum to use for promotion within AR15.COM. We did a lot of other promotion at gun shows, other firearms boards, magazine & radio ads as well as manufacture’s including flyers with shipments.

I realize some staff has criticized the event for having a profit motive & are hung up about anything being a business but in fact we lost money as a company & I did personally.  Goatboy was upset that any references to AR15.COM were taken off the new BRC site (which is new & constantly being updated) & when we spoke I did forgot we were instructed by staff to NOT use AR15.COM in the future.

The BRC will continue as a convention & I’ll post update topics within the Meetings & Events forums where it belongs.  We appreciate the support & interest for the BRC by AR15.COM members who own many Black Rifles.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
& thanks or the kind words. Seems more than the campfire was keeping you warm.

To: Subject: AR15.Com Email: You're an asshole
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Oct 2002 18:57:53.0764 (UTC) FILETIME=[42002240:01C27B8F]
Date: 24 Oct 2002 14:57:53 -0400

You, Grin, Beekeeper, and DonR can now finally go fuck yourselves. You and your little clan of board nazis have had the rule of the roost for far too long to the detriment of a great website. Try not to go out like a little bitch like you did when your moderator status was pulled...just go away for good this time. You might as well quit planning on a BRC...cuz word around the campfire is that NO ONE has any real interest.

---------------------------------------------------------
Email Generated From: AR15.Com

[red]EDITED TO REMOVE PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION. Sorry G&B, you know the ropes with that one. - BD[/red]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps you are right, he did have the sense not to post it here.

I assume he meant the content to be read by the person he sent it to. The recipient forwarded it to me since it referenced me & other members.

Like the info in a screen name & a blind email addy is so personal!

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top