Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 4:36:03 PM EDT
BBBBEEEEIIIIINNNNGGGGGG  SSSLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW?????   58 seconds to load up a page!!! Thats why I got cable for crying out loud!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
About the same here.  Real slow.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This site is " Knock Your Head Against the Wall" Slow
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, there are currently 240 of us, and almost 1400 lurkers cruising the board.
I suspect this will continue for a week or so...

Move along people... nothing to see here...

Just your average everyday American Citizens expressing their beliefs...

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Slowest loading site on my favorites list!

Reading and posting here is good for cleaning your rifle, though. I can usually run a patch, come back to the computer and click on another thread, run out to the garage, run another patch, come back to the computer and voila, the page is finally loaded.

I've got dial up and this site drives me nuts. Someone needs to clean up the problems.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Whew! I thought I was the only one! I get around pretty quick on a couple other sites so..... Thought they might offer quicker responses if ya pay to be a member! LOL [rolleyes] Guess I'll continue to be a skin-flint!   edited to say : I hear ya  Hiramranger I just keep spending my money on coatings and jibblets, ammo and of last week ..emergency surgery....I'll pony up soon...I promise![:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster's site is loading slow also... maybe even slower than this one. I wonder why? [;)]

Edited to add...

Whoa! page finally came up and this is what I got.

[img]http://hstrial-RHingston.homestead.com/files/bushmaster.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#9]
i've machined the bolt for a 1919a4 in less time than this site loads.

goat!!! supercharge those electrons! i'm old, damnit! i don't have that much time left!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Try it with dial-up!

Enough of the free riders around here.  We need more bandwidth and we need to get rid of the lurkers.  I think you should get 30 free days or 50 posts and then you need to at least pony up for a new junior membership or something.  Price it at $20 a year and give unlimited use but no special privileges like the members only forum or raffles.  We have got to increase revenue so we can keep the infrastructure up to speed.  In my opinion, and my opinion only, 1200+ posts and not a paid member is in my mind selfish... and then to complain about the site's speed?  
View Quote

does the site turn a profit?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
It's slow for me with a DSL but there are a lot more people lurking tonight.    
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
OOHHHHH I just noded awake fell asleep waiting for this page to load!  I'm posting this at 9:14

will see how long it takes to get to New York!

3 minutes from Norman Oklahoma to New York not bad better than the mail!

Night All

Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top