Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 3:43:35 PM EDT
it time to rid myself of Aol.i have seen netzero service for 9.95. anyone have it?

are you happy with the hookup?
Does the pay service include a place to store pictures?

How about mutiple screen names and email addresses?

No cable or Dsl at my house yet so not an option

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
it time to rid myself of Aol.
View Quote

Well, about time ;)

i have seen netzero service for 9.95. anyone have it?
View Quote

I've used it briefly back when it was all free, and it sucked even then.

are you happy with the hookup?
View Quote

No.

Does the pay service include a place to store pictures?
View Quote

After a fashion: ad banners will be cluttering your harddrive.

How about mutiple screen names and email addresses?
View Quote

Not the last time I checked.

No cable or Dsl at my house yet so not an option
View Quote

Surely there is _some_ real ISP out there that doesn't require you to install their crap software???
Thanks
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Its all I've ever had.

I don't have much too compare it to,I refuse to pay $20-25 a month for internet since all I really do is surf and check out forums.

For a couple a years I had the free service(I'm a tight ass).They used to give you 40 hours free,Then about 8-9 months ago they went to only 10 free hours a month.

The free stuff always worked pretty smooth for me.When they cut the hours I tried to sign up for a couple of other free services(juno,adress.com etc.)they just totally sucked.Took forever to load,then shut you down every half hour,just totally worthless.

Anyhow,I've had netzero pay service for about 6-7 months now,and it works great for me.They will shut you off after 3-4 hours,but I just dial up again.No problem,and the pay service is noticably faster than the free.Plus no pop-ups[:)]

Sometimes it will take a couple of calls to connect,but I've NEVER had a sustained problem with getting on or staying on.

I don't bother down loading a whole lot,takes forever and I've got a pretty crappy computer anyway.

I think they do alow a couple a web addresses.Check their sight.

All in all,compared to what others are charging,I think its a pretty sweet deal.

I might add that it could possibly be better in Washington since we seem yo have plenty of hookups.Where I'm at I've got about a dozen different call in #'s

Also for some reason,on my computer the "ad banner" and netzero controls disappear mhen I move them to the bottom of my screen.So it doesn't take up any space,which is good since I have a crappy little 15 inch monitor.[:)]

SSSSHHHHHHHHH.....don't tell anyone.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just what i wanted to hear.but od they give you a place to store picture for posting on the web?/
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
it time to rid myself of Aol.
View Quote
View Quote

Well, about time ;)

You got that right!

Surely there is _some_ real ISP out there that doesn't require you to install their crap software???
View Quote

"REAL" ISPs don't require that shit.   Earthlink and all the local ISPs that I know of don't require you to use their software.

I have to add my agreement to tc6969 - AOL is a bitch to get rid of, though it usually can be done. Email me if you need any help.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't get NetZero. If you don't want to pay, you can crack the app to get rid of the ads, but you only get 10 hours free per month. If you pay, then you will have a small strip across the top of your screen (kinda like your start-bar) for NetZero. They may have changed it since I last used it, not sure though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#9]
real ISP 10 bucks a months...

[url]www.ev1.net[/url]

multiple email..
and looks like a decnet amount of storage

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top