Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/24/2002 12:41:47 PM EDT
Noticed earlier that the number of lurkers was 1400+. (I can't find it now.) Think about joining up. Become a member. You don't have to own an AR-15. You don't even have to own a gun. Join us. Share your views on the world. Talk about current events. Tell how [b]YOU[/b] think America can be made better. Or why it is already perfect and we shouldn't try to do anything to change it. Everyone has a n opinion on everything. Share your opinion with us. (Dissenting voices are pretty well tolerated, as long as you keep an open mind, and a speak politely.)

Scott

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I just want to second that.  registering doesn't take long, and is free.

There is an incredibly diverse group of people here, which you will notice by how much we disagree - rather than how much we agree on anything. We have people from almost every imaginable profession, age, education, political affiliation, etc.  We can always use more dissenting voices, interesting opinions or Devil's Advocates.  

We don't need any more trolls, though - so don't bother joining if you just want to provoke or annoy - but definitely join to share your opinion and have a good discussion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wanted to add that just about everyone gets a warm welcome.  We're a friendly bunch, really.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah this is NOT Democratic Underground.  The free exchange of ideas is welcome here.  We may ask you to justify your beliefs but you won't be banned here for voicing them.

Give us a try.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree. Sign up and talk with us. Intelligent conversations are always welcome.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Where else can you wear out the IBTL acronym?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I too echo the previous comments.

Go ahead, make your point.  THAT IS the point of this website.  Just make sure you can back it up with logical, reasoned analysis and evidence if possible.  

There is an incredibly diverse group here from all walks of life and there is no doubt that you will be accepted or rejected based upon your ability to communicate your beliefs and thoughts in a coherent manner, NOT based upon your background, color, creed, nationality, etc.  

AR15.com truly is a modern day town square meeting that encourages and practices the free flow of thoughts and ideas and embodies "the marketplace of ideas" so cherished and necessary in a democracy.  

I have learned more things here than I ever would have by reading a whole encyclopedia and I simply had to ask to get at least five knowledgable responses to almost any question I dare ask.  

Sure, we like guns, but only because we value our freedom above all.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Think about joining up.
Become a member.
Join us.

Scott
View Quote

"And don't forget about the NPR EZ Checks plan. It costs less than a dollar a day to support great public radio in your community. So pick up that phone....."  :)

Gotta agree with you. Not only is the conversation interesting, but some of the funniest things I've read/seen in my life has been on this board.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#9]
your asking for it!  here comes an army of trolls!  let the troll slaughter begain!  [:k]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Welcome watchers!!

Pull up a chair and stay a while. [beer]

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Army of trolls?  Doubtful, since trolls will sign up and join in without need of an invitation.  DScottHewitt is inviting the multitude of lurkers (who for whatever reason are reluctant to participate) to come on in and contribute.

And I also invite them to join us.  You'll have a good time and you'll definitely learn things from the members here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
In addition to all of the above this site is the knowledge center of the universe. You can ask any question, from legal, chemistry, engineering, to family matters, and you get answers fast. There really are a lot of intelligent people here.

[red]If you are not a gun owner that is the best reason to join up.[/red] You will quickly learn that most gun owners are very good people.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay, I don't think you should join if-

1. Your connection is 14.4kbps or slower.

2. You like to jump from page to page to page (and subsequently take up all of Goatboy's Bandwidth)

[:D]

hehe, just kidding.

Please do join, I'd like to hear your views on issues as well. (even if you have a 14.4 modem)

The more, the merrier...[beer]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Pleas ejoin and ask questions, join in on discussions, etc.

Welcome one and all!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome new comers,  There are many different views and a lot of nice people on this board.
You will find that most of the people here on the board go out of their way to help people and even animals with their problems.

So Welcome you will find friendly people here.

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I did join and yesterday was my first day here, awwwwww aint that special LOL, and here I am back for more. [bounce]

I like the site and info and sense of humor you guys and gals have here. [smash]

I am thinking even more now about getting a second Bushie, think I may try to get to the shop in a week or two and trade in a pistol on one, but which one? Allready have a Dissi. [thinking]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Join us. Share your views on the world. Talk about current events. Tell how [b]YOU[/b] think America can be made better.
View Quote

Do that and all your thread will get is people saying [:K] and IBTL. So to keep it clear to lurkers, here is what he meant to say;

Join us. Share your views if they are the same as the majority, if not be silent. Talk about current events, not the past like the USS Liberty. And don't comment on how you think America could be better, because thats unpatriotic, unless ofcourse if you come from another country, in which case your country sucks or/and you are euro trash.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Please.....if any women are out there looking please sign up and help us girls here keep a eye on these guys.

Do you love America and her freedoms?

Then that is all the reason you need to sign up and be come a member here.

If you want to speak your mind and are kind in doing so, please speak up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just wanted to add that just about everyone gets a warm welcome.  We're a friendly bunch, really.

-FOTBR
View Quote

{Diver wipes a tear from eye...} I never recieved a warm welcome.  {Sniff...} [>(]

I hope this doesn't mean I'm a troll.  [:K]

P.S. - What the hell does IBTL mean?  [newbie]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You don't have to own an AR-15. You don't even have to own a gun. Join us

View Quote

No,you don't need to own an AR but you should have some type of gun,hell we even let AK people use this site[:P]

I am in fact a fun of the Shotgun and even if 90% of the guys here think I'm nuts we are all the same in the eyes of the antis.

So any of you guys lurk'n about out there come over to the black side of the force.

BTW: This site could do alot of good in this day and age,seems like some people have the idea we don't shoot back.
We would just like them to know we do.(and no you can't use this CNN,go away)
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Please.....if any women are out there looking please sign up and help us girls here keep a eye on these guys.

Do you love America and her freedoms?

Then that is all the reason you need to sign up and be come a member here.

If you want to speak your mind and are kind in doing so, please speak up.
View Quote

Yes, I too would invite all lurkers to register.  If ya likes what ya sees, why not throw in you own two cents?  Especially any women between the ages of 18 and 22...call me for details.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#22]
after what i just heard on hte news, we need numbers more than ever. just by joining and sharing your veiwpoint your starting to change things for the better. we need to stick togeather now mor ethan ever
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah this is NOT Democratic Underground.  The free exchange of ideas is welcome here.  We may ask you to justify your beliefs but you won't be banned here for voicing them.

Give us a try.
View Quote

Tell me about it.  I went on du with 2 different names this week to share my pro gun opinions, got banned before i even had enough replies to post my own thread.  I switched it up and the 3rd screen name i used i went totally anti gun.  I made crap up and acted like i didnt know  a damn thing, bagged on the NRA and bush a little, and what'd ya know.  I now have enough replies to start my own thread.  Its funny how you cant post your opinion on their site unless it has no logic and is anti gun.  check this thread out.  maybe post #24 is the reason you see so many lurkers.  can you guess which screen name is mine?

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1065&forum=DCForumID32[/url]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#24]
We actually ENJOY debating issues around here. We'd love to have some liberal anti-gun people register and argue with us. [:D]

Even better than registering as a member, go and visit a shoot in person. Go and meet some of these great people. Ever since I started travelling to shoots, I have met some of the most wonderful, down-to-earth, friendly, gracious, generous, kind, fun-loving, and all-around solid AMERICAN people.

What other kind of people do you want to hang around with?

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#25]
1shott...Let me be the first to welcome you I think...Thats my next Bushmaster a Dissy. I love them. I hope you get good info and give good info here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#26]
You could be ignored.

From the link above.

[b]i cant believe this either. I went to this site, it is all about assault rifles. these people even admit to owning them, hell they even sell them! I thought it was illegal to own or sell assault rifles. Please clue me in here.[/b]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#27]

If you have questions, ask.

Enjoy our home away from home.

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#28]
hell i have friends on this board that havent even shot a gun yet. hope to remady that soon.

this is a great place to hang out and learn alot.

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#29]
For those that are concerned about me opening the barn door, you know I do my best to bust every

[img]http://seresmitologicos.net/troll2.gif[/img]

Scott

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#30]
In and of itself, the lurker count doesn't necessarily mean there are that many unregistered viewers. It also includes registered users who are not logged in. I only log in when I want to post something which is maybe 1 in 20 times I'm on the board. I'd expect many other registered users do the same.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-FOTBR
View Quote

{Diver wipes a tear from eye...} I never recieved a warm welcome.  {Sniff...} [>(]

I hope this doesn't mean I'm a troll.  [:K]

P.S. - What the hell does IBTL mean?  [newbie]
View Quote

Well, Diver, Welcome to tbe board!  [beer]

btw, IBTL means In Before The Lock;  one of the most overused acronyms here (although I admit to occasionally using it too).
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I like this forum tho I do not own a AR 15. I do own a preban ( 1990) RS soldering gun. lol

This has to be one of the most read forums out there. I own a .22 Savage rifle, ( anyone know if there are preban clips for the Savage ???)someday I do hope to buy a AR 15. Do enjoy the forum a lot, I have posted a couple of times, welcome aboard to all. Visit often! Location is KY
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You could be ignored.

From the link above.

[b]i cant believe this either. I went to this site, it is all about assault rifles. these people even admit to owning them, hell they even sell them! I thought it was illegal to own or sell assault rifles. Please clue me in here.[/b]
View Quote
Just shows the ignorance of the sheeple.  Their education, or lack of it, about firearms comes from the media, Sarah Brady, Bill and Hillary, Diane Feinstein, et al.  Just to straighten out any of you DU types lurking here:

1.  An AR15 type rifle, be it Colt, ArmaLite, Bushmaster, or any of the others, is not an assault rifle unless it had been modified to fire full auto or burst either legally or illegally.  Repeat, a semiautomatic rifle (one round per trigger pull) is NOT an assault rifle regardless of what the aforementioned tyrannical idiots say on TV or in the press.  Also, contrary to what the media is saying today, they are not cheap.  An AR15 type rifle will cost you anywhere from $700 to $2000, depending on date of manufacturer, features and condition.  That may be cheap to some of you, but to most folks, it isn't and that is one of several reasons why these types of rifles are NOT the choice of criminals.

2.  You CAN LEGALLY own an assault rifle (full auto or burst) if it was made before 1986 and you go through all the legal hoops that are required to own one.  Believe me, you better be squeaky clean.  You can also modify an AR15 type rifle to full auto or burst if you use a registered auto sear that was made before 1986.  This legal assault rifle is going to cost you anywhere from $4500 to beyond $6000.  Again, not cheap.

3.  One nutcase goes on a rampage and the anti-gun groups love it.  They use it as justification of their cause.  It is very, very, rare that an AR15 type rifle is ever used in a crime and if it is, it is usually stolen or obtained in some other illegal manner.  Ask any cop.

So, for those who make statements like that mentioned above, get a clue.  Don't listen to the media or idiots like Diane Feinstein who know nothing about guns.  Do a little homework and research and find out the truth for yourselves.  The gun control fanatics never use facts, just hysteria, emotionalism, and outright lies to further their cause.

For those lurkers who compare all gun owners to the murderers in this case and insult one of our members, by calling him a murderer, simply because of a shirt they are wearing, I won't waste my time on you.  You are as close minded as you accuse us of being.  You call us the ignorant rednecks, yet you are the ones acting like hysterical fools, resorting to name calling and histrionics, while we try to discuss the FACTS with you.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You could be ignored.

From the link above.

View Quote

Just to clue you in, i wrote what you just quoted.  These are the kinds of things you have to say if you want to stay on the DU.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#35]
whoops
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#36]
do a search of all of my posts.  I have used the name union2k2, union2k3, and tacomademocrat.  I went pro gun with the first 2 names and never made it past 5 or 6 posts before i got banned.  I bet after a lurker reads this and turns in my anti gun name, tacomademocrat, i will be banned once again.  If you want to post on DU you have to be a homosexual minority i guess.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Heck I was on there too and I got banned for a fourth time in 2 days. ! ALL of my posts were Liberal or harmless...yet they banned me!

To you DUers we welcome you! Get signed up. It's FREE!

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Welcome, newcomers.
The more folks that join in on the fun here, the better.
It's a great place to spend a LOT of time, once you start to find out what's on the site.
Learning is the most obvious thing you'll get out of being here.
FUN is right up there, too!

Sign in and get on board!  [;D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How long will it take to get me banned from democraticundeground.com?
View Quote

sign up and find out.  If you go with a pro gun voice into their forums i would say maybe 5 posts.  Sign up and find out, i am interested to see how long you make it.  with an anti gun approach i have worked my way up to 14 whole posts.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Bravo Tango Tango

Scott

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#44]
I guess you could call me a lurker.

I don't get much time to post here at work.

But I love to read the post and I get a laugh every day.

I'm also a proud owner of a Bushie XM-15

aim small, shoot small

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Here's something for everyone to read, mainly the lurkers though. Most of you have already read it, but read it again.

(www.birdman.org/whoisBWS/BWSbio.htm)...  dammit I forgot how 2 make it active....

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Welcome Sight-rail. Glad you decided to join us.

[url]www.birdman.org/whoisBWS/BWSbio.htm[/url]

There you go 007. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Welcome all! [beer]

Don't be afraid! On this board, only the [b]good[/b] guys are armed! [;)]

[sniper][uzi][shotgun][pistol][heavy][50]

As for you DU weenies, hang around and learn a little about Freedom of Speech. I'm afraid DU doesn't give you much of a good lesson in that basic freedom...
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm just curious about how many Federales, in an official capacity, are lurking the boards, and how frequently this occurs.  Especially lately...
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#50]
OK, OK  Been a lurker for a while and just thought I would register.Get a lot of good info here,and also get a kick out of you guys and girls. Good being among supporters of the 2nd Amendment  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top