Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 11:55:48 AM EDT
anything to add a little punch to a story.
i watched a few minutes earlier where they
were giving facts about the m16 and the snipers
marksmanship medal. the whole time they were
showing clips of soldiers firing a belt fed
m-60. cnn you suck.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
i've said it before and i'll repeat for those who missed it the first time.  News Media's purpose is not to report the truth, rather, it is to generate advertising revenue.  How best to get more revenue than to have more viewers?  And how to get more viewers?  To report the "news" in the most salacious manner possible.  

You all still watch their drivel, eh?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait until Wolf Blitzer's show tonight.  Can't wait.[:(]  What schmucks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I know they have freedom of speech, but I think there are a few laws to prevent false information from being reported. Maybe we should all record or purchse each news feed, and file a class-action suit?????
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i've said it before and i'll repeat for those who missed it the first time.  News Media's purpose is not to report the truth, rather, it is to generate advertising revenue.  How best to get more revenue than to have more viewers?  And how to get more viewers?  To report the "news" in the most salacious manner possible.  
View Quote

You speak the truth!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If it bleeds, it leads, if it isnot presently bleeding, poke it with a sharp stick until it does....
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
as Mark twain said they are educated far above there intelligence ...... Bluemax
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top