Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 6:49:18 AM EDT
I just read an add for a AR15 lower that did not have the mag well machined in them.  What on earth is the purpose of this???  Is it a Cal friendly option?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
seems to me that this nullifies any pre/post ban categories because it wouldn't have the defining feature: the detachable magazine.  This way you could have a tele-stock, flash hider, etc.  Obvious drawback is the annoying process of hand chambering each round.

just my .02
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
seems to me that this nullifies any pre/post ban categories because it wouldn't have the defining feature: the detachable magazine.  This way you could have a tele-stock, flash hider, etc.  Obvious drawback is the annoying process of hand chambering each round.
View Quote

wonder if welding a mag in place would do the same thing? just break it open with t/d pin to load mag..not that I care I still live in the land of the free, I don't need a flash hider and the regular A2 stock is too short for me so a tele is no good just thinkin..
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya thats one of the two Cal friendly AR's that I'v seen (1) the one shot w/o a mag well (2) the 10round has the mag well closed off on the bottom so you can't use a mag. you have to remove the pin use and it like a break action shot gun and you load the mag well from the top.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know if it'd be Cal friendly or not but I've seen several guns with a 30rd welded in place so they could have several 'assault features'.  To load, you'd open the gun up by way of the rear push pin, and load the mag as it sits in the receiver - I think you could even use stripper clips to do it faster.  Anothr option is to do the same thing with a modified Chinese steel 120rd drum.  The drums open and load from the back so you wouln't have to open the gun itself.  Just open the back of the drum, load 100-120rds in, close the drum, wind and you're ready.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top