Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 4:17:43 AM EDT
I am interested in getting some sort of tactical optics setup for my AR15 as well as my wife's AK.  I have an AK74 with a Kobra site on it, and used to have a Bushnell Holosight on my AR.

I have seen various types of "red dot" sights out there of varying price.  Anywhere from the 30mm BSA red dot for $25, to the Aimpoint and Leupold sights for over $400.

While I liked the Bushnell and the Kobra, my concern with them was in the case of the Kobra it wasn't totally clear, had some mirage effect in different lighting conditions, etc.  The Holosight was pretty neat, but seemed like it might not take rough handling too well, and I didn't like how I had to use my right hand to turn it on and off.  Seemed awkward.

Can anyone give me some good (though not expensive - say around $200 (can be used if need-be to keep that price range in mind) advice on these types of sights?  This will mainly be for engaging targets at the 100-200 yard ranges.

Saw an Aimpoint 1000, 2000 and 5000 recently used for anywhere from $100-$150.  Though I also saw on SWFA the ML2 and M2 Aimpoints (those go for around $340-$500)

I suppose I could get another Kobra (the newer one) if need-be, or another Holosight (new smaller model with protective hood) but I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on the Aimpoints and other more "scope-like" sighting devices.

Thanks!

PS - if anyone has one of these for sale, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the C- more sight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top