Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 3:36:06 AM EDT
watching fox and saw a LEO walk away from the suspects car with a bolt action rifle in camouflage pattern.  didn't manage to ID it. anyone else notice this?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw some SWAT guy walking away with a bolt gun, but it looked like he owned it.  If it was evidence, I gotta bleieve it would have been wrapped in plastic and treated like gold.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
There were at least a couple of snipers on location walking back to their dark colored unmarked car. One was carrying his, then set it on the ground--Harris bipod extended. Another rifle was sitting on the hood, partially obscured by LEOs talking.

There was another team with FBI tags.

Everybody was in Tac gear.

Everything is going to be done by the book in this investigation. They were waiting for a search warrant to begin looking in the car, They're probably videotaping every minute of the detainees incarceration and limiting access so that they can later show that these guys were treated well and were not touched. I wouldn't be surprised if the cops had a public defender standing by in case the guy wanted a lawyer.

Everything by the book so they can interogate, charge, try, convict and sentence with no question of an appeal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
MSNBC finally referred to them as Muslim converts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's the same footage they been playing all morning, it's a swat guy setting down his rifle at a staging area before the raid.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If its still dark out in the footage.. its old and means nothing.  Like bastiat said, its footage where they set up the raid from.

Last I heard they didn't have a search warrant for the vehicle yet.  I'd imagine they have probable cause.. but there is no rush so they are going exactly by the books.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top