Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2002 11:05:05 AM EDT
I have a few questions and would like to see if anyone else here can shed some light on them for me.

1. How have the ABC agencies linked all of the shots to the same perps?
2. If the answer to #1 is from bullets, then why did the trauma surgeon in the Ponderosa victim state that they could only retrieve fragments?
3. If the ABC agencies are only using similarities between cases, couldn't we have a copycat or two or even three? Imagine some nutcase does the first three or four victims, nutjob #2 then realizes that this would be a great time to off the ex-wife or some guy that he owes money to.
4. With the media sensationalizing every psuedo development and causing more people to be shot by essentially daring the nutcase to hit during the weekend, or at a school, or over 60 miles away, why isn't someone suing CNN or at least trying to get some sort of gag order from a Federal Judge?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll go first. >gg<

1)My guess would be types of wounds in the victims. Fragments may also be closely matched, perhaps.

2)Probably because that was all they could get from that particular victim.

3)Copycat is a possibility but how to explain the shhoter always getting away? A copycat probably wouldn't plan as much, IMO. There may be clues from scenes not released to the public.

4)Sue CNN or gag order? You must be high. The ACLU, etc. would be screaming banshee's if they even tried that. You have to remember that the 1st Amendment is sacred, it's the 2nd that they allow to be trashed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll go first. >gg<
View Quote

OK

1)My guess would be types of wounds in the victims. Fragments may also be closely matched, perhaps.
View Quote

The wound types may be similar but really do not discount ANY type of bullet wound. In short, no connection.

2)Probably because that was all they could get from that particular victim.
View Quote

It seems that no victim had pristine projectiles w/o fragments. Is there mothods that allow "ballistic fingerprinting" from fragments? They could do some sort of mass spectragraphy that would ID the physical make-up of the round, but anything more than that would be a stretch at best.

3)Copycat is a possibility but how to explain the shooter always getting away? A copycat probably wouldn't plan as much, IMO. There may be clues from scenes not released to the public.
View Quote

Copy cats do not need to acheive the same amount of ability that our original nutjob has. The copycat has only one target of opportunity and then will fade away.

4)Sue CNN or gag order? You must be high. The ACLU, etc. would be screaming banshee's if they even tried that. You have to remember that the 1st Amendment is sacred, it's the 2nd that they allow to be trashed.
View Quote

The 1st Ammendment protects free speech, as long as that free speech does not cause direct harm to another. Do not be fooled into thinking along tha ACLU party lines that ALL forms of expression are protected under the 1st Ammendment. Remember, the 1st Amendment does not allow you to yell FIRE in a crowded theatre as a false alarm.
It is an understood that this nutjob has patterned his kills according to the media's experts and thier misguided attempts to profile him in a public forum. The CNN experts say that he will not strike on a weekend, that he will not strike children, that he will stay in a certain geographical area.....and he did them all. The media did not pull the trigger, but they are in effect controlling this idiots next move. CNN et al should be held accountable in some way, and all of the media should be censured to make sure that this nutjob is not glorified and made a celebrity.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top