Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2002 8:24:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey all you illigals out there, we promise we won't deport you if you come in and talk with us.[rolleyes]
If true, he should be fired for allowing criminal activity to continue, if not true, then he's lying on national TV and should be fired.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#2]
we have moose on job. where is squirel? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Just heard about that.

Something about, [i]'we don't have the authority to deport you. please come forward if you saw anything. '[/i]

Yea,

"we don't have the authority, but we know who does..."

They probably [b]should[/b] try threats...

[i]'...and we will bring in 500 INS agents to the area if we need.'[/i]

What a friggin JOKE MD has become.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is anyone else just stunned at this briefing?

They think that there are illegal immigrants that have witnessed the shootings and wont come forward. He is basically offering them amnesty if they will come forward with info. Yeah right, after that nice little televised incident yesterday morning.

Man o man are they getting desperate.
View Quote

During a follow-up question, the Chief Moose admitted he had NO authority to offer amnesty.  This is the first time where the Chief looked like a 'complete' fool.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]

To me, this means they think the sniper is a [b]FOREIGNER![/b] and that they are now appealling to other foreigners to help rat him out.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The broken english on everything he writes would be a clue.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
This is a natural progression of the present day unsavory practice of the police using informants in the drug war, many of whom are active criminals themselves.

I don't know.  I don't like illegals either, but if it meant stopping the sniper from murdering more citizens, it might be the lesser of two evils.  I am glad that I don't have to hold my nose and make this decision.

BTW, Hawkeye, I don't think that Moose has any authority to offer "amnesty" to illegals, which is a completely federal function that generally means giving them permanent residence (which I generally oppose).  I think what he meant to say was that he wouldn't call the INS on them, unlike the dudes busted the other day.  The illegals would still remain illegals.  Many people will be surprised at how commonplace this practice is.  Many PDs will turn a blind eye to illegals if they are useful witnesses to solving violent crimes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is anyone else just stunned at this briefing?

They think that there are illegal immigrants that have witnessed the shootings and wont come forward. He is basically offering them amnesty if they will come forward with info. Yeah right, after that nice little televised incident yesterday morning.

Man o man are they getting desperate.
View Quote

NO he did not. In a clarification he said he did not have the authority to grant carte blanche amnesty....
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://www.vikingkittens.com[/url]

Immigrants like these?

Scott

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To me, this means they think the sniper is a [b]FOREIGNER![/b] and that they are now appealling to other foreigners to help rat him out.
View Quote

Why do you think they withdrew the composite sketch based off of witness accounts they completed weeks ago???

Have YOU seen it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

We do: Special Agent Secret Squirrel
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This seems like a reasonable assumption.  I can't really think of any other reason to aim a plea at illegals.  Unless one of the shootings was near some place where a lot of illegals lived or worked...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#14]
hell, why the fuck not?  hit two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.vikingkittens.com[/url]

Immigrants like these?

Scott

View Quote

ROFLOL!!

That is soo CUTE.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Half the people living in Northern Virginia are foreigners. There's about a 50/50 chance the sniper is one based on sheer statistics.

Christ, when I go the damn ATM these days up here I have to tell the machine whether I want the instructions in English or Spanish!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Half the people living in Northern Virginia are foreigners. There's about a 50/50 chance the sniper is one based on sheer statistics.

Christ, when I go the damn ATM these days up here I have to tell the machine whether I want the instructions in English or Spanish!!!!
View Quote

I missed which [b]AMERICAN[/b] state the peopel were from, but there was a couple on Judge Joe Brown yesterday fighting over a car, and the title was in [b]SPANISH!!!!![/b] (Did not seem to be bilingual, just Espanol.....)

Scott

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where's Natasha?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#20]
A lot of immigrants are afraid of the authorities. Not just because they may be in the country illegally, but because they come from countries where the police are corrupt or part of an oppressive government.

That probelm came up last year in Sacramento, CA when a Russian immigrant went homicidal on his own family. The Russian community had to be urged to help the search. Eventually they found the guy living behind his brothers' house.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#21]
*holding baton behind back*

....here immigrant immigrant immigrant....
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Where's Natasha?
View Quote

No clue, unless it's the blonde that is occ. near him at press conferences.

Oh, well- at least we know who Fearless Leader is...[rolleyes]

---------------------------
The word of the day is: "flustrated".
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The broken english on everything he writes [or says. Kar98] would be a clue.
View Quote

So you think Moose is the shooter?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top