Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 3:01:03 AM EDT
The tax service that has done my taxes for the last 3 years has been siezed and shut down by the IRS.  The owner had 3 peo. filling out peoples taxes and when finished he would look them over and sign them.  He is a retired IRS auditor.  He was indicted Tuesday, 4-10-01 for 1 count fraudulent tax preparation and 3 counts aiding and abetting fraudulent tax preparation.
I stopped by 6 weeks ago to drop off my paper work.  Went by the next weekend to pick it up.  The place was shut down.  No one answered the phone, nothing.  Now I find out on the news that he was arrested.  My paper work is still in his building and I can't get to it.  

Damnit!!!!!!!
&@#!*%*&@#&
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Yes I'm worried.

(Rant off)
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 3:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck! I hope somehow you can get your papers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya got 4 days. You may need to file for an extension.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Sh*t!  That sucks, are you worried about missing the deadline, or are you worried about being audited-persecuted, or both?  Either way still sucks.[:(]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
He was very popular for his large returns.  I'm worried that he has been fudging the numbers and is gonna get a lot of people in trouble.  He did sign all the returns and we did pay him and get a reciept so I don't know what will happen.  Boy am I worried though.

I have got copies of my W2's so I can get my taxes done, but he or they have all my receipts and paperwork, that I need to itemize.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you should bust into the joint. Probably no one watching anyway.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Man that really sucks I hope it all works out for you!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]
call the IRS and have them document the event under your SS#.  They should also have a record of this joint being closed and should extend your deadline...
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy Sh!!, You need to file extention AND prepare for audit.  Hope you kept squeeky clean records for the last few years...Good Luck
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Aren't taxes great?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top