Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2002 7:20:00 PM EDT
First, what does it stand for? Washington Arms Collectors?

Second, where is it held?

Third, when is it held?

Fouth, is there some type of background check to do? Is it instant and on the spot, or do I need to bring proof (CPL)?

Fifth, is there some type of cover charge?

Sixth, is there some type of age limit? (I have a 2 month old I want to bring.)

Seventh, Is there free parking?

Can I conceal Carry there?

Is there a policy about long guns (do they have to be cased, or should I just sling it over my shoulder?)

Is there anything else I need to know. This will be the first time I go to a Gun Show, and I'd like to know what to expect.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
First, what does it stand for? Washington Arms Collectors?   YES

Second, where is it held?   PUYALLUP AND MONROE FAIRGROUNDS

Third, when is it held?   ABOUT ONCE A MONTH, NEXT SHOW IS THE 2ND

Fouth, is there some type of background check to do? Is it instant and on the spot, or do I need to bring proof (CPL)?  THEY CALL YOU INTO NICS WHILE THEY PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION

Fifth, is there some type of cover charge?   THERE IS A MEMBERSHIP FEE

Sixth, is there some type of age limit? (I have a 2 month old I want to bring.)  NO

Seventh, Is there free parking?   YES

Can I conceal Carry there?  NO LOADED GUNS IN THE FAIRGROUNDS

Is there a policy about long guns (do they have to be cased, or should I just sling it over my shoulder?)   NO, BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT A PLASTIC TIE THROUGH THE ACTION

Is there anything else I need to know. This will be the first time I go to a Gun Show, and I'd like to know what to expect. YOU MUST BE A MEMBER TO BUY OR SELL. I RECCOMEND THE SHOW AS A PLACE TO BUY WEAPONS. BRING LOTS OF CASH.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK, I WANT TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN MY TYPING AND YOURS.
Thanks all.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, that brings up a few more questions-

How much is the membership fee?

Can just I become a member and bring me wife and kid in there, or will she have to become a member too?

Did you say that I CAN or CANNOT bring in my kid?

Now, is there in-and-out priveleges? Or when I buy 10,000 rounds of .223, am I going to have to lug it around to each table I stop at?

What are the hours? and is it possible to get in before the show "officially" opens? (like if it begins at 9:00am, is it possible to get my application processed at 8:30-8:45?)

Again, thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time I checked membership was $20-30 per year.

You can bring your kid.

Your wife must pay an entrance fee-$5-6.

You can come and go.

You can get in early if your setting up a table.Won't be a big deal anyhow,membership goes through pretty quick.

When I was a member,you had to have a current member sponser you(just sign/vouch your membership application.)
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh shit, now I have to know someone who is a member just to join? I don't think I know anyone who goes/is going to go. Will they actually deny me membership at the door?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to the monroe one this past weekend. I am not a member. Admission was 5 dollars. I could buy ammo and such but no actual guns. I am gonna sign up soon i think.

oz
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Uhlek,

You'll have have to get in with the general public,then go to a membership desk to join.

Don't worry about finding a member.

I just struck up a conversation with a nice table holder and asked him to sign my application,no problem.

I did get blown off by a couplea guys who told me they didn't know me etc,but I think it was like the third guy that vouched for me....total stranger.

So......leave your guns in your rig,pay the non-member fee to get in,then find the membership desk.When you get your app. find someone to vouch for ya,pay your money for membership and your in business.

FYI...members get in free.

They will reimberse your entrance fee when you pay for an annual membership.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, okay. Thanks.

I think I'll just go in as a guest, check the place out and see if it is the type of place that I would like to be a member of.

Thanks all for the advise.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/

CALENDAR OF UPCOMING SHOWS  
For reservations or questions please call the WAC office at: (425) 255-8410 or email  

WESTERN WASHINGTON FAIRGROUNDS(PUYALLUP)
ADMISSION: $6.00
(FREE TO CURRENT WAC MEMBERS)  
GUN SHOW HOURS FOR PUYALLAP SHOWS:
Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 8:00am-4:00pm

MEMBERSHIP DESK:  
Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm
Sunday 8:00am-3:00pm

FREE PARKING

November 3 & 4, 2001
December 8 & 9, 2001
January 5 & 6, 2002
February 2 & 3, 2002
February 23 & 24, 2002
April 6 & 7, 2002
May 18 & 19, 2002
June 1 & 2, 2002
July 6 & 7, 2002
August 3 & 4, 2002
October 5 & 6, 2002
November 2 & 3, 2002
December 14 & 15, 2002

EVERGREEN STATE FAIRGROUNDS (MONROE)
ADMISSION $5.00
(FREE TO CURRENT WAC MEMBERS)
GUN SHOW HOURS FOR MONROE SHOWS:
Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am-4:00pm

MEMBERSHIP DESK:  
Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm
Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm  

FREE PARKING

November 10 & 11, 2001
December 15 & 16, 2001
January 19 & 20, 2002
March 23 & 24, 2002
April 20 & 21, 2002
May 11 & 12, 2002
June 22 & 23, 2002
July 20 & 21, 2002
September 14 & 15, 2002
October 19 & 20, 2002
November 23 & 24, 2002
December 21 & 22, 2002

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Its the only game in town[:)]

If you like lots of guns and ammo,I believe you'll enjoy.

Like anything else,you gotta search for bargains.Its a fun place to spend a couple of hours.

I don't go much anymore,cause if I don't have the scratch too buy,I don't want too look.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
First, what does it stand for? Washington Arms Collectors?

Yes

Second, where is it hel
Third, when is it held?

Fouth, is there some type of background check to do? Is it instant and on the spot, or do I need to bring proof (CPL)?

IIRC you get instant membership with A concealed weapons permit but have to wait 1 month if you don't have one.

5 bucks which can be applied to your membership

not that I am aware of. i took my 1 1/2 year old to it before. It just kinda a pain to push the stroller through the crowd

Seventh, Is there free parking?

YES

Not sure. I know you must declare any weapons at the door and have it zip tied.

Is there a policy about long guns (do they have to be cased, or should I just sling it over my shoulder?)

Seen plenty people with them over the shoulder. they really only need to be inspected and zip tied

Is there anything else I need to know. This will be the first time I go to a Gun Show, and I'd like to know what to expect.

I find the gun are prices high but the ammo is usually a good deal. in the 15 years I have been going I only bought  a few guns but tons of ammo.

Go early a about 10 am Sat.too late and the crowd gets too big,before that a lot of the tables are set up but no one manning them.Still sleeping perhaps.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
ammo prices were unfreakin real.

oz
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
No loaded weapons in the show. (property owners rules). No, you can't bring in an unloaded gun and a loaded magazine.

No cameras either. Too many unscrupulous members of the media.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
[url=http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org]Washington Arms Collectors website[/url]

The application asks for your CPL#.  They do a NICS check as well.  IIRC you get a temporary membership badge immediately and can buy/sell guns that day.

$6 for non-members  Free for members.  I think your wife can get in on your membership card as well.

You can bring your kids.

As long as the gun and magazines are unloaded and the gun is rendered inoperable, such as zip-tied closed, they don't care if it's concealed.

No policy, just whichever floats your boat.

Bring lots of cash.  Hook up with some of the rifle league guys, if you want; one of us might even countersign your membership application.

How much is the membership fee?
$35 for new members and $25 for renewals (per year)
Your non-member entrace fee will be applied to your membership if you sign up at the show.

Now, is there in-and-out priveleges? Or when I buy 10,000 rounds of .223, am I going to have to lug it around to each table I stop at?
Both members and non-members have in-and-out priveldges.  (PS: make the ammo dealer your last stop)

What are the hours? and is it possible to get in before the show "officially" opens? (like if it begins at 9:00am, is it possible to get my application processed at 8:30-8:45?)
Website says Puyallup shows open at 8:00am and no, non-members can't get in early.

Don't forget that only members can bring/buy/sell guns.  Everything else is fair game.

Ask around at league on Friday if you have any further questions.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont think they would process an application before it opened.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't forget your CPL if you have one, saves you a few bucks on the backround check, I don't remmember anything about haveing someone with you that is a membor in order to join, I do think the guy they just took on as treasurer is a crook...(nuff said about that) If you really need to have someone to vouch for you to become a membor (like I said I dont remmember haveing to have one) let me know I goto every show in Monroe (I live close)

Now any of you guys that are local to the Monroe show know anything about any clubs that I can do my CMP shoot at?..I like my AR-15's but have a real love for my Garand, just never shot any type of club activity other than the ARMY and JROTC as a kid...Would like to join a easy going club..(im a new dad so I need some place to hang sometimes when mama wants me out of the way)
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#16]
When I lived in Seattle, I used to go to this gun show every other month and didn't think a thing about it.  Now that I live in Alabama, I now know how good it was.  The Birmingham show isn't nearly as good as the WAC shows in Puylallip (sp).

Regards,

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I have to admit that the WAC shows are no longer a place to find a "Deal" for the most part you have guys selling for WAY to high of a price, Guys who buy from CMP and resale for double (they should be hung up by there eyelids for that) and a few very RUDE vendors, I will still pay my dues, look around, the price for ammo is just about everywhere from 25% higher than the local gun shop to the same deals you can get on the net..I was looking for a Screw and spacer for the A-2 stock that I got the month before from OLYMPIC..Well I went to get them at the booth, and I got Uhhh We dont have any, hey wait I'll check my box of .45 parts..NOPE! guess you are out of luck I will bring them next show...That is ok with me, but if you are going to sell new stuff at a show, at least have the screws for them avail, I will be mail ordering now(If one of you guys are reading this, dont bother to bring them) Im not really bashing the shows they are great to shoot the breeze with buddys, and pick up ammo, but like I said, no longer a place to get a "deal"
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Go to the WAC website, that should answer all of your questions.  You can also call the WAC office (number on Website), they are quite friendly folks.

Bring CASH, all you can afford to each show, even if you're not planning on buying anything.  Too many times have I seen a really good deal, just to pass it up because I didn't bring my "milk money".  

Saturday morning, first thing, is the time to find the deals, usually at the smaller tables.  You'll see the same venders, with the same crapola, show after show after show.  They ask a mint for their stuff, it never seems to sell, then they get to pack it back up again till the next show.

A buddy of mine actually makes money at the shows.  He finds those really good deals, buys something very cheap, then turns arround and re-sells to another table at a profit.  

See you there,
Pepper
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I have not missed more than about 6 WAC shows in my seven years or so of being a member. I think they are a great place to find deals![50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top