Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 4:44:33 PM EDT
Black Hills 165 gr loading of the Speer Gold Dot Hollow Point---velocity is around 1150 fps.  I've heard it's one of the most accurate loads out of the .40 as well.  

Anyone else like this load?  I've never shot it, but many .40 fans seem very hung up on it.  

Until I get a few extra bucks, my Glock is toting 16 of Speer's factory 155 gr Gold Dots (at around 1175 fps).

I'm not sure that a BG could tell the difference betweem the two, but I want the hottest load that I can control.  

Is it really worth changing?

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That or the Win Ranger 165gr STX would be my choice.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I ripped most of the label off of my hydrashocks but the back label sez 1190 fps muzzle.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 3:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The [b]UBER[/b] .40 S&W Load?
View Quote

A standard 10mm Auto?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.georgia-arms.com[/url] loads the same 165 gr. Gold Dot to a higher velocity.  they call it "+p+" (sigh, I know).  I stick to their "+p".  Still pretty hot, plenty cheap, never had a problem.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top