Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2001 11:26:38 PM EDT
Turners is having a sale, and I'm in the mood for something new. They have on sale:

HK USP with night sights for $699
Glock 36 for $539
Para Ordnance 7-45 LDA for $659

What do you think? I have been in the market for a .45 for a few months, and narrowed it down to these three, and of course all three had to go on sale at once. So far I have a Beretta 92F and a Glock 27. Any opinions, info, or comments would be appreciated.

[pistol]                              [pistol]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
1-glock 36, 2-para
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:11:30 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT

I'm going to the store in a few hours, still cant decide
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The HK you can carry Cocked and kocked in Variant 1, a nice gun, I got one. The Glock 36 is not as small as some think, I got one of those too. Go with the Glock, Second choice is the HK. Para's are good, I have a Para 12, but put a lot of custom stuff on it. If you haven't noticed I am a big fan of the 45ACP.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Check it out: [url]http://ubb.hkpro.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001113.html[/url]

I had a USP 45 full size and loved it. I sold it when I got the 1911 bug and have regretted it ever since. I recently got a USP45 Tactical and love it. I posted a picture here of a target I shot with the USP Tac from 15 yards. Five rounds into 13/16ths of an inch.

It's not the pistol to buy if you want to CCW. It's a big ol' hunk of gun, but it is an outstanding combat weapon. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
H&K compact 45 is about the same width as the 1911.I know it doesnt look it but hold them together and compare.I like mine alot I have a early on without the lock.I have heard a few people complain about the lock and said they wouldnt buy one with it.Is it a bad design or just cosmetics.I hav'nt seen one with a lock myself.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Armalite Fan: My Tactical has the lock, but I just leave it unlocked and the key has not left the little ziplock bag with the spare O-rings. Odd thing is, this weapon also came with an HK marked cable lock, so why go to the trouble of building in a lock? Unless they're anticipating disabling features becoming a mandated by law kinda thing.

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
G-36 K.I.S.S.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#8]
O own 2 USP45 Full Size and 1 USP45c all three work great. On the full size get the Stainless if they have it. It is being discountinued and the ones left will be worth $$$$
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been debating on which 45 also. Looks like I'm strolling down to the Taners here in Torrance to check things out.
Good luck, I hear the USP45f is very accurate.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Glock 36!!!

It's super accurate and recoil is mild.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Get the Para 7.45 LDA. It has one of the smoothest triggers you`ll ever squeeze.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Glock! Gee, can you tell I'm a glock fan?  

Seriosly though, the HK is an excellent piece (I have a USP Expert and love it), but in my mind the Glock is tops
[pistol]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

Forget the tupperware and the Para which like most other 1911s will need "tuning" to get any sort of reliability out of it.

Go with the USP. Not only has my USP45 eaten and fired EVERY round of EVERY dubious manufacturer I have thrown at it, I honestly believe if I fed it a hamd and cheese sandwich, it would find some way to eat it and fire a projectile. Best $587 I have EVER spent.

All others appear to be toys compared to an H&K.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#14]
As mentioned on another post...  Plastics are toys for little boys!  Get a Para or Kimber [8D]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
ChaZ wrote "Glocks are perfect for people who don't want too much fuss over safeties to disengage or something to decock... etc."

You know, you're right, ChaZ. Glocks are for those who would rather leave the firing of their weapon to say their seatbelt, the corner of their pants pocket, or any other random obstruction that can pull the Playskool, er, I mean Glock's "SAFETY" trigger for them.

Stick with a weapon that ONLY fires when YOU pull the trigger.

And the tuning mention was related to the PARA and other 1911s/clones. The Glock has problems all its own irrespective of the 1911s.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

Forget the tupperware and the Para which like most other 1911s will need "tuning" to get any sort of reliability out of it.
(snip)
All others appear to be toys compared to an H&K.

View Quote

You so funny![:D]

Tupperware?  Last time I looked, the USP frame wasn't made of metal. [:D]

USP stands for Unknown Support Plank, doesn't it? As in, better used for wheel chock? Door stop? Etc. Just kidding.

My USP was a great pistol.  Loved the feel of the grip, hated the size of the slide.

My G21 is a great pistol.  Learning to love the size of the grip, greatly favor the overall lines of the pistol, durability and accuracy.

Either is one fantasic tool to fight your way to your AR.  [:D]

As far as 1911's - I love them too. I've owned quite a variety, from Kimber, Les Baer, Norinco, Colt, Ithaca and others.  I'm very proficient with them, but I'm more in favor of the simple things, less task loading so to speak.

If I were to buy another USP, it would have to be in the Double-Action Only mode.  I do miss the ambi-mag release (dam**t) [:D]

I would buy the G36 without reservation. Put night sights on it.

Best regards,

JC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top