Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 12:07:33 PM EDT
[url=www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,66401,00.html]Pentagon to Release Prisoners From Guantanamo[/url]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's the linkege between theses actions?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
And, is this just a coincidence?

[b]National News

Stuffed Toy Released into Wild[/b]

WINTON: After 15 years in captivity Jeremy Giraffe, stuffed toy and life long companion of Tim Bottington was released into the wild yesterday.

Timmy and Jeremy became inseparable after their first meeting at Tim's 5th birthday in 1982.

"They did just about everything together" Tim's mum Margaret recounts. "I remember the day when we couldn't find Timmy anywhere. We eventually found him peddling his little heart out, on his way into town, on his tricycle with Jeremy in the basket. Apparently he thought Jeremy was cold, so he was off to buy him a scarf."

The two spent more than 15 years together and Jeremy even followed Tim to University in Dunedin. But unfortunately the two went there separate ways after Tim grew up and got a job in Wellington.

The decision to release Jeremy into the wild came days ago when the two were reunited once again. On a visit home Tim found Jeremy in a trunk of old things out in his parents garage.

He couldn't bare to see his friend and long time companion stuffed between his old toy guns and board games so the decision was made to release him into the wild, so he could be free again to run across the wild plains of Southland.

Sources close to Tim say that he is bearing up well after the release. In a prepared statement Tim's friends acknowledge the generous support of the local community during the release and stated that although Tim knows he may never see his friend again, he is sure that he will be just fine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It could be speculated that we have begun to meet a terrorist cell's demands by releasing a few prisoners at Gitmo, and that the ultimate aim of the cell's demands is the release of top ranking Taliban &/or the convicted and incarnated WTC bombers from first attack.

The government and the terrorists are still negotiating, and the government is beginning to meet the demands in small steps in hopes of buying time to track these guys down.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Got to admit I too wondered about the release - especially after the chief moose went on about "We 'Americans' perserve.........etc., etc." - ALMOST as if the shooter was something other than.............  .
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
....We eventually found him [red]peddling[/red] his little heart out....
View Quote

Ok, Jack got some magic beans for a cow, what do you get for peddling your little heart?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Hawkeye, did your post receive a condescending reply from Gunner1X as well??? [:\]

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I think all of the prisoners should be released.  Drop them off in shark infested ocean!

Shok
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't link it since this has been in the works for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I remember in Vietnam we kept our VC prisoners in a couple of locations...but had a Chu Hoi program...
imo all we did is fatten most of them up and get them back into fighting condition where they either rejoined their units after deserting from our  scout program or they became active double agents...
Hopefully they installed some tracking devices on them...they can moniter from sattelites
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully they installed some tracking devices on them...they can moniter from satellites
View Quote

Hopefully they installed some tracking devices on them...they can [s]moniter[/s] [b]target[/b] from satellites.
[X]

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think all of the prisoners should be released.  
Shok
View Quote

Yea, from 20,000 feet over Mecca
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#16]
release of prisoners and the MD Killer = ZERO CONNECTION
total coincedence, if the killer demanded that some 2-bit drug addict be released from prison you can guarentee it wouldnt happen.

if hes some kind of terrorist why didnt he make ANY demands from the start???

the person in MD is a KILLER, not a sniper, not a marksman, not a shooter ...FUCKING KILLER.

too many people on this site and trying waaaay too hard to connect the MD Killer with terrorism so they can have an excuse to enact revenge on some middle eastern country.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The sniper is a terrorist from another country and I think we need to exact revenge.
View Quote

If he is from this country, I demand that the United Nations step in and punish those who promote easy the access of sniper rifles and assault weapons.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Posted by LAgunman2K...
too many people on this site and trying waaaay too hard to connect the MD Killer with terrorism so they can have an excuse to enact revenge on some middle eastern country.
View Quote

Yea... silly me. I guess that little "9/11 thing" is stuck in my craw, and it's making me cranky!

Maybe its time we all got over it, and gave the Middle East a great big hug!!!  [rolleyes]  

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Phil_A_Steen, if you are going to mock, at least be factually accurate... its [b]aluminum foil[/b]!!!

Tin foil hasn’t been available for years!  [smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top