Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 6:40:30 AM EDT
Here's the scoop:

Where I live there is the IWANNA Classifieds. They have 3 papers: one out of Asheville,NC; Greenville, SC and Hickory, NC. It is a very popular paper and I pick it up fairly regularly.

They have a large section called "Guns and Bows".

Several months ago they put in a disclaimer saying they would no longer sell guns that fell under the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and listed a number by name.

I called them up and asked them about it but the lady on the other end of the phone didn't know much about it except that she was obliged to follow it.

I thought the IWANNA might have caved to pressure from Million Mommers or something. I was wrong!

Yesterday on the radio this disclaimer was being discussed. The woman who owns the IWANNA (her husband died) called in and said that the ATF jumped all over them and forced them to cut out "assault weapon" ads. Also there was some threats of lawsuits. The "behind closed doors" details weren't given but it appears BATF doesn't like the "Guns and Bows" section.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps, call the paper, talk to the lady, get the story, and post it???
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#3]
WE had those in our town in Aiken SC, I aint sure if they still have it there or not, but I will email em too!  I'm gonna be pissed if the BATF told them to quit!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top