Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2001 10:07:56 PM EDT
Alright I have $900 bucks to spend on a pistol.  I have considered these so far:

HK USP Tactical .45
HK USP Expert .45
Kimber 1911s
Springfield 1911s
Paraordinance .45s
Beretta 96 D and 92fs

If you guys have any input whatsoever, let me know.  If you have any of these, how does it compare with others on the list, anything that can help me decide would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep saving, some of those guns you listed are far more than $900.If it were me I'd probably pick-up a 92FS & use the leftover to put money on another AR-15...92FS is reliable,accurate and very smooth cycling.Feels well balanced & is nice to shoot.(got an early Italian mfg.92F)
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My personal favorites are HK and 1911 style .45 especially the Kimbers.  I have shot the Kimber custom and super match that a friend has and both were very reliable and accurate and I purchased a gold combat for myself and am very pleased with it.  I also really like another friends HK USP .45 which is just as reliable and accurate with slightly higher mag capacity and I'm also very fond of the non slip grip that comes on the HK and seems to fit my hand nicely.  Please check your hotmail.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The HK Tactical model is nice as well as the Expert but they are both larger versions of the USP. Have you considered a USP in 45? Same lifetime warranty, less money, easier to conceal and an excellent firearm. The Kimbers seem to have the edge in quality as 1911 models go but I'm not a fan of the Beretta so no comment there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#4]
You might be able to get 2 Glocks for that amount of money.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I second what Getsome has stated. Buy a standard HK USP .45 and save the extra $250.00. You will gain only marginal accuracy with the Tactical and Expert and will be a more of a human factor that determines accuracy. Kimber makes nice .45s, but I believe all or most are seven round capacity. The Kimbers probably have the best trigger on your list,but the HK USP in single action is not bad. I have own a HK USP and love it, I will never part with mine.I'm the limiting factor to its accuracy and I'm not a bad pistol shot.Forgot to mention Springfield makes a good trigger in their FBI model, but you are talking more than twice what you have to spend.

NO SLACK!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top