Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2002 10:35:14 AM EDT
I just had a pretty serious 'debate' with my boss about gun control and government abuse of our rights.  He is liberal, and although not the most anti-gun person I've ever spoken with, I would not classify him as a friend of gun owners.

So here is what I need from you guys.  Brief, but powerful articles and resources that I could give him to read that tell the truth about gun control, and law enforcement abuse of their power.  He mentioned that he knew little about what happened at Ruby Ridge and asked if I could provide him with a short article on what went on over their.  I told him about the book, 'No More Wacos' but its too long and he doesn't have the time to read a book.  So help me show him why gun control is bad and why we have an unconditional Right to Keep and Bear Arms...I have to work with this guy, so its very important to me...internet links would be best!  Thanks guys!

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The boss may have to tote the company line, if you dont want to really piss him of her off, dont press the issue. Better to invite him/her to the range to shoot a little.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, if you like your job and you make good money, then I don't think your boss is the best person to debate with.

Frankly, I don't give a shit what my boss believes in. I know for a fact that he has and uses his own guns, but that is beside the point. If he hated guns, and Rosie O was his favorite person in the world, then more power to him. That's his right and he's welcome to it.

I enjoy my job and I make good money, so as long as my boss is civil and keeps giving me paychecks, he can believe in anything he wants. I'm not an ass kisser, but I like to keep the higher ups on my side if at all possible.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#4]
He asked me to provide him with information, so I'm trying to accommodate him!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.keepandbeararms.com[/url]
They have a searchable library of various 2nd amendment topics.  It's a good place to start.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He asked me to provide him with information, so I'm trying to accommodate him!
View Quote

Ok, well that's different. It sounded like you were trying to rub it in his face which could be not the smartest career decision.

Even though, unless it was work related or I was pretty good friends with my boss, I might have shied away from the "debate" completely.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]
ponyboy, I agree completely, but he kept asking me questions and trying to debate it so I really had no choice...
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Send your boss this.  The game will turn most people into gun nut.

[url]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/asshunter.html[/url]

Shok
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ponyboy, I agree completely, but he kept asking me questions and trying to debate it so I really had no choice...
View Quote

I'm with Ponyboy on this one. The old expresison "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind.

Just be careful that anything you givew him will not cause him to have a diminished opinion of you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Your boss is trying to use this as an excuse to get you fired for insubordination or use the fact that you are a sniper gun owner over your head as a bargaining tool.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Dont worry about geting fired. Here is a sure fire way to get his respect...!!! This is exactly what I did in the same situation and he was rabidly anti-gun. Just ask your boss what he would do if some night about 3am some MOON CRICKET broke into his bedroom and was getting ready to run about a YARD OF BLACK AIDS DRIPPING DICK up his wifes ass... Pull the covers over his head..?? Now me, I sleep with a 12GA double and a 357 S&W and I know what I;am going to do. I can protect my family !

Two weeks later at break time, out of the blue he said, "What do you think of a S&W.38, is that a good gun, cause I just bought one LAST WEEK..!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
a YARD OF BLACK AIDS DRIPPING DICK up his wifes ass...!
View Quote

This is most certainly an IBTL kind of post!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Jeez, you shelled out $60 for your joke userid, IBTL?

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top