Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2002 6:36:57 AM EDT

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20021021_524.html]French Soldier Missing in N. America[/url]
France Says Marksman Missing in North America, Fueling Speculation Over Link to Sniper Killings

France has alerted Interpol about a French army deserter who is known as a marksman and is missing in North America. A Defense Ministry spokesman said there was speculation of a link to the investigation into the Washington-area sniper.
                                                The 25-year-old second lieutenant, who was not identified, did not return to class in September at the elite military school, Saint-Cyr Coetquidan in Brittany, in western France, after going on vacation in August, officials said.
Bureau acknowledged there was some speculation of a connection with the sniper investigation, but he said that was just hypothetical at this point.

"We have no certitude of a link," he said in a telephone interview. However, he said, "This soldier has a very, very good reputation as a marksman."
The deserter was given permission for an August trip to the United States and Canada, said Bureau. Police sources said he had planned a trip to Chicago.

RTL radio reported the deserter was of Yugoslav origin, but Bureau could not confirm that, saying that he had to be a French citizen to attend the military school.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
He may be a good shot, but deserting from the French military shows a high degree of mental competence in my book; someone who cares about his future and well-being.  Someone like that is not the type who'd throw his life away blasting civilians, or serving the French.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The white mini van that was impounded this morning had a french flag sticker in the rear window.
Tom
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought that was a mexican flag?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Couldn't be him. None of the victims were killed with high velocity white flags.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#5]
White van..white flag...what is the difference. Also,I think he was calling the police to surrender.

Tom
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
White van..white flag...what is the difference. Also,I think he was calling the police to surrender.

Tom
View Quote

Are you an idiot?

You really shouldn't post info when the info is absolutly pulled from you rectum.

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]
French sniper trainee is Yugoslavian
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/773121/posts[/url]
Muslim Croat ?(and those guys can shoot- originally trained by guess who?)
I think we should have maybe backed the Serbs on that one...

forgot the question mark...
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#8]
A Foreign Legionare?

Why on earth do they take in Muslims?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/773121/posts[/url]
Muslim Croat
View Quote

Hmm... doesn't say that in the article, but if true then two of the worst threats to humanity have combined. Scary!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad to see that the tinfoil-hat army have found a way to turn even the possiblity of this being a Frog back into this being arab/muslims.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't Muslim Croat a oxymoron?

Arent you either a Roman Catholic Croat, Russian Orthodox Serb or a Bosnian or Albainan Muslim? If I am not mistaken they hate each other so much you cant BE of mixed background?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top