Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 2:03:40 PM EDT
I am surprised that law enforcement authorities have not issued a public notice for something like this....

If the law-abiding citizens in the area cannot carry guns (which MIGHT put an end to the sniper if seen), they SHOULD AT LEAST CARRY CAMERAS!!!

I would like to see everyone armed with a camera if they cant have a gun. Damn near everyone owns a camera, and last I heard they were still legal to carry...

If your a moron and have to ask why...A camera is 100 times better than the mental recall of almost any witness.

If someone IS able to photograph the crime scene within 15-30 seconds of a shooting, WHO KNOWS what kind of evidence might show up?

Think of all the other cars at the scene that have occupants...Look for the ones who have not offered any testimony.

Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that's a helluvan idea!

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you not remember Rodney King and several instances where the cops were caught on tape doing things that they should not do?  After these instances, the cops may not treat the photographer very kindly.  Besides, one of the news commentators said that the sniper may be taking pictures just as he shoots, just as a souvenir.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed.

Another advantage to a camera is that you can take a photo of anyone acting suspiciously without a problem.  Blasting at suspiciously acting people with a firearm and problems are almost certain!

That said, the shooter probably isn’t going to appreciate someone taking his photo – so being armed at the time is still a real good idea!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
This guy has embarrassed all involved to the point that the authorities DO NOT WANT CIVILIAN HELP.

They want to catch him in the act.

They alone.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps the LEOs should acknowledge reality and involve regular folks. Doing that certainly solved the Charles Whitman problem in short order.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top