Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2002 1:57:45 PM EDT
So my wife thinks I have been buying to many AR 30 & 20rd mags!  For a while, she agreed that because there was a ban, that it was okay to get a few.  Now, she is questioning my spending my money on more of them!  And I don't even have that many!  Twentyfour 30rounders and I just ordered ten 20rounders.  

I know some of you guys have triple and quadruple that number - what do you tell your wife's when you receive another shipment of them?  

I am having a hard enough time justifying the ARMS SIR I just had mounted on my pre!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have 1 mag, and it's a 10 rounder.

I think your just being gready![;)]

Sgtar15

PS  Or you can just tell her that size matters...that's why you need 30rndrs
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you should listen to your wife, and sell your mags to me cheap.  It's for the marriage.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the right thing...tell her the TRUTH. All of your mags are investments for resale at 2003 gunshows :)

(or you can do what marvl suggested but split them w/ us! HA!)
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Save your marriage, send them to me!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
ONLY 24 30 rounders?

amateur!!!

you're not an official magaholic until you have 100, plus a beta mag (or suitable substitute).

I have it bad, 98 30 rounders, 24 20 rounders, a Chinese 120 round drum, and I even have mags for guns I don't even own.

tell yore wife to take a chill pill.

and buy more mags.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I will buy 5 of them at $20.00 each, please.

I will even make out my check in her name!

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tell her to get her ass back in the kitchen and bake a pie.
View Quote

But do it from cover.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Ask her if you complain when she uses her money for what she wants, be it shoes, shirts, bra's or whatever she buys in excess of actual need.

Tell her its your money, you work to make it, and you decide where it goes and you work to make yourself happy, not to be a slave to others.

If that doesn't work, tell her "Shut up or I will replace you, there are more women then men on this planet so your expendable."
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...I even have mags for guns I don't even own.
View Quote

Doesn't everyone? [:\]

Ryan
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I tell my wife, in all honesty, that any firearms purchase I make is for our kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, ect.  They'll be born free and I'll do what I can to help them die free too.

My wife will ask if I "have the money to pay for them" and the answer is usually yes (a few credit card purchases here and there).  She understands what our nation is becoming and supports my buying decisions - usually.  [:D]

If the bills are paid, your family lives with some reasonable level of comfort, and the wife gets a reasonable amount of stuff that she thinks is "nice", then politely tell her to shut the f*ck up or pack her bags.

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh this is real easy...
The day they get there..

Say," Honey, I think WE should go shopping and get you that [what ever she wants] you talked about last month"

That should end the problem immediately!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#14]
tell her it's because the "cats" said,

"all your mags are belong to us"

and i'm sure she will understand.

coltc.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Your wife knows how many mags you have ?  Just do like me, hide that shit !  Right off on the bottom of the check "gift for wife".  And complain that she never remembers when you do something nice, when she brings you the check and says, "What is this ??"
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]
How did you ever let her find out how many you own?

I made a mistake and numbered mine. When she saw one of them with the number #31, she got pissed. I explained that it was a date code. I had bought it in March of 2001.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Three weeks ago I rented a table at the local gunshow.  I decided to get rid of several of my AK mags.  I only have one AK nowadays and over 50 mags.

Some 24 or 25 year old kid came by and was very interested in buying three of the mags.  I asked him what kind of AK he had.  "Oh, I don't have an AK but if I buy the mags maybe my wife will let me buy one".  "OK', I said smiling.  He took the mags and left.  Next day he came back and wanted to return the mags.  His wife jumped all over him.  He had to get his money back or else he was in big trouble.  I really felt sorry for the kid.

I went ahead and gave him his money back but advised him that he needed to get in charge of his household.  That pussy is nice but it is not worth giving up your balls.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If that doesn't work, tell her "Shut up or I will replace you, there are more women then men on this planet so your expendable."
View Quote

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

This coming from aguy who doesn't even have a woman...and probably not even a rifle.

Go home little boy.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Flash...wow I totally fee bad for that boy. Crazy. Did you hear the crack of the whip? I did. Well I dunno what to say. If my wife(if I ever get one)will just have to deal, I don't do drugs, heavily drink, visit titty bars, I wouldn't dare hit her..so if the worse thing she could point at me was that I had "too" many mags...well I think she should quit while she was ahead. My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Yeah, she is really a good woman.  She even bought me my second AR herself, just because she loves me.  But she even though I have gotten her to be pro-gun (she comes from an anti-gun family), she just does not understand why I need so many mags.

To bad fella's, I ain't selling these things at all.  If anything, I want to get about twenty-five more of the 30rounders - just to be safe (Don't ask me from what).

She does not know the exact number I have, just that shipments keep coming to our door, and the stack in my closet is not getting any smaller!

I will have to try greenmountainpatriot's method - that I am going to resell them in a few years for a profit!  Actually, buying hicap mags could be like buying stock - in a few years, if you have enough of them, one could make a decent profit!

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Easier to beg for forgivness than to ask for Permission.......

Buy More.......Beg Later.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I traded my 1st wife in for a gaggle of 85% USGI mags...
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#23]
(b)what do you tell your wife's when you receive another shipment of them?(b/)

Easy, I tell her nothing!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#25]
You let her find out how many you have????

Heed pappy1's advise "buy more and beg later"
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Ahhh brasshopper, now you find out the second reason for owning safe.

Give her combination, let time pass, she forget, you continue to get what your family needs.

You ultimate provider, you ultimately decide what needed...

ahh so

[:)]

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I got it easy.  My g/f is an avvid reader and collects books.  About every weekend, she comes home with more...She even had my Dad (retired) build her a metric ton of bookshelves.

She has many more books than I have magazines, or ammo, or guns.  When the UPS man comes, she just shakes her head... My justification is, I get rid of ammo, she keeps her books.  The magazines facilitate me getting rid of my ammo.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tell her to get her ass back in the kitchen and bake a pie.
View Quote

And you wonder why you have no girlfriend and no prospect for the prom? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Top 10 reasons why a good selection of mags. are better than a wife:

#10. When you rotate your mags. every couple of weeks the other mags. don't get pissed. [sex]

#9. When the finish wears off your older mags you can refinish them OR trade them.[sex]

Feel free to continue.................

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I have 4 mags on my van.
AB
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oh this is real easy...
The day they get there..

Say," Honey, I think WE should go shopping and get you that [what ever she wants] you talked about last month"

That should end the problem immediately!
View Quote

This works everytime! (for me at least)
AB
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Top 10 reasons why a good selection of mags. are better than a wife:

#10. When you rotate your mags. every couple of weeks the other mags. don't get pissed. [sex]

#9. When the finish wears off your older mags you can refinish them OR trade them.[sex]

Feel free to continue.................

View Quote

#8 When yer mags lips get cracked, you just throw it away, and get a new one.
AB
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#33]
You simply need to employ WOMAN LOGIC.

Tell her they are cheaper when bought in quantity, so in actuality you SAVED money. [:D]

If you go right out and spend the amount of money you SAVED on more mags, you will save even MORE MONEY.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You simply need to employ WOMAN LOGIC.

Tell her they are cheaper when bought in quantity, so in actuality you SAVED money. [:D]

If you go right out and spend the amount of money you SAVED on more mags, you will save even MORE MONEY.
View Quote

okay, that one had me laughing pretty good.  i love this thread
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#35]
It's a well known fact among male gun owners that 10 mags=1 pair of womens shoes. Go check her closet and I am willing to bet you are getting the short end of the stick. Count her shoes (don't forget the "out of season" ones tucked in the attic) and do the right thing. After all fair is fair.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#36]
have them delivered to work, or to a friends house, bring them in slowly...  kindof like the advice my dad gave me...  "always leave the house with an empty gun case....  she doesnt KNOW its empty when you leave, for it may not be when you come home!!"  

[shotgun]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not entirely sure if this is an applicable comparison, but...um...just how many tampons are there in one of them big giant boxes they buy at Cosco?

cynic
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

This coming from aguy who doesn't even have a woman...and probably not even a rifle.

Go home little boy.

Sgtar15
View Quote

I don't have "a" rifle, I have many. As for having a woman, please define if you consider fuck friends "having" a woman, or do I actually have to date the woman?

Actually don't define anything, I don't care about your opinion, your nothing more then some overweight gun toting loser who has something to prove. Get off the computer and go talk to your wife, if she hasn't left you already.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#39]
oops..........my wife has more AR mags than that for her rifle..................
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Get a new woman.  I have 50 or so of each.  I have enough ammo to kill every zombie in "Dawn of the Dead" 20 times over.  I have a few extra guns so I can let the barrels cool as I rotate my stock.  

My last girlfriend was very nice,,,I told her "I was shooting when I met you and I'll be shooting when you are gone."  I dont bitch about shoes or clothes or stupid woman crap. I dont hear it when it comes to my hobbies.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#41]
A man can never have enough mags or ammo.  I keep most of mine in the safe so the missus doesn't get wise.

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#42]
How many pairs of shoes does she have? How many purses?

I bought 65 mags this weekend. Good Gunshow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#43]

You guys always make me feel like I married well after reading a sorry assed thread like this[%|]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Tell her that she should be grateful that you are buying mags for a rifle that you actually own.

Try explaining how you bought 40 mags for a rifle that you haven't got.  There are at least 5 brother members here who are in the same boat. [b]That[/b] my friend, is when you are a true mag-a-holic.

By the way, don't hide purchases.  You shouldn't need to.  Although I do agree that you should have at least one "private sale" rifle and pistol that no-one but you knows about, stashed away for a rainy day.  Like the day she issues a restraining order and the sheriff comes to clean out your gun locker!
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#45]
I just bought 10 thirty rounders from Cole Dist. at the Creek.  The only thing my wife said was:  "Get the ##$%@ doo-hickey's [i.e. black followers] out of my dishwasher!!!".

Other than that, no big deal.  Of course, she has no idea how many I have total (35 thirty rounders alone), if she did, I might be in trouble!

Regards,

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:50:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Are you spending rent, grocery or gas money to buy mags? Maxing out the credit card to buy mags?
If your spending play money that would other wise be used for some other luxury (anything other than the above [i]necessities[/i]), she has nothing to complain about. UNLESS.....she feels neglected cause she missed out on getting that really cool martha stewart doo-hicky cause you bought mags......[wife mode][i][b]again![/b][/i] [/wife mode]

If it's just a matter of she cant understand why, take the time to explain how mags are a perishable item second to ammo.  Mags can get damaged beyond repair, they can be non-functional and irreparable right from the get-go, etc. [i](My wife thought mags were made perfect and indestructible)[/i] Also explain how mags are the ONLY WAY your rifle will feed ammunition.

If you really have to take it farther, make the issue hit home. Compare it to something expendable that she normally uses. Then make the comparison to [i]"what if the item wasn't made anymore, and the only way to guarantee you could get it was to buy what was left."[/i]

If that [i]still[/i] dont do it.....sux to be you![BD]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
... UNLESS.....she feels neglected cause she missed out on getting that really cool martha stewart doo-hicky cause you bought mags ...
View Quote

Is that even a problem anymore? Isn't Martha Stewart sharing a cell with Betty-Loren Malteese? (people from chicagoland should understand that one...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top