Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2002 6:49:11 PM EDT
Alright!

I had a great time today at the Arizona Members Shoot in Casa Grande.  

Thanks to Cav Arms for all of the "essential hardware" that made my day...

The M2 .50 rocked!

Thanks to everyone out there for a successful, clean, safe, and fun shoot.  Everyone seemed to have a good time.  I only got there at 12:30, so to anyone I missed, see you next time.

And finally, does anyone really believe that the German Camera Crew was big brother checking up on us?  I say no, but of course I am a JBT, so I don't count.  LOL.

Here is a link to some pictures I took.  If anyone see themselves, and does not want the picture posted for privacy issues, please let me know.  
[red][url=http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/range.htm]2002 Arizona Members Shoot![/url][/red]

Thanks again everyone!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't like the fact that I couldn't make it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I say no, but of course I am a JBT, so I don't count. LOL.
View Quote
 That was good for a laugh [:D]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It was good to meet you Trooper, and I had a great time as well.  You shoot pretty good with a [i]real[/i] telescopic sight![;)]

No, I don't think the German film crew was Big Brother (but if it had been MSNBCCBSABCCNN I might have.)
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 I say no, but of course I am a JBT, so I don't count.  LOL.

Thanks again everyone!
View Quote

JBT ??? I think not...You are Metro Phoenix after all [^]

Great time was had by one and all!!!

However... when You and Shawn get a royalty check from the Germans for the interviews...I'll glady endorse those checks!!![;)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Lots of sweet hardware!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
PICS!!!! We want pics!!![:P]

-T.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to work, so I missed it. [:(!]

No C-Mag run through the CAV15 this time: Bummer.

Jay
[img]http://members.cox.net/azcop/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm happy to say that I was part of the North end that refused to allow the liberal media to film us. The "posers" were making a big mistake!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
... Been shooting for YEARS, but I cannot remember a finer meet.
Someone said I had an ear-to-ear grin from 9:30AM to 5:00PM.

Yes, CavArms, AZEX Arms we're huge hits and we are all greatful for their generosity, but I must say that there were far more class III than I was expecting. Everyone seemed to allow anyone to shoot there wares.

By the way, whos kids were those that liked my camp? They sure liked my stuff for some reason. I felt like we adopted them for the day. They were good boys, well disciplined.

Heck with the Germans, they didn't bother me "too" much.

Lots and lots of laughs and grins.

Arizona has fine AR15.com family representation. Now if we could just meet them Texans half way in New Mexico we could show them how to throw a shoot!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#11]
WHAT A GREAT TIME !!!!!   This shoot was incredible !!!
I'll start by thanking those who helped to put it together, topcrest and Gavino for the map and recon. Cav crew and Azex for bringing the FA toys and everyone else who allowed others to shoot their fine hardware. It was great to see old friends and familiar faces again and to make new friends. I never expected that we would have so many folks show up, but what a great time !!!
I can't wait untill we do this again !!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Why did the people before us shoot up the outhouse? I had to pee three gallons when I got home

Excellent question...

Because it was there?  

I forgot to mention AzEx Arms in my thanks.  And to all that participated in cleanup... Kudos to you.  I am sure we will be going back.  It was cleaner when we left than when we came. (At least in my experience with the CG range...)

KBaker, thanks for the use of you most excellent weapon.  My next AR will certainly have a telescopic sight on it.  

Ok, now all I have to do is save my pennies for that full auto AR... [heavy] Maybe I should not have gone to the shoot after all...[;)]

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The shoot today was alot of fun.It was a perfect day for a large group of firearm enthusiast to get together and enjoy there love of shooting.That is enjoying are 2nd ammendment right to keep and bear arms.It was fun to watch the little german woman get a big smile on her face when she fired the ar in full auto.Maybe she got a little turn on by it.Thanks for the fun guys.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#14]

[bounce]

Oh man I had a fantastic time! Just LOADS of fun!!

First, I gotta thank [b]Doug[/b] from CavArms for helping me with directions - I drew a copy of the map backwards and made two wrong turns. Luckily Doug was right behind.

And thanks to [b]Topcrest[/b] for arranging the meet itself.

It was great meeting ya'll. I gotta thank the [b]Cav Arms[/b] crew for letting my get my first taste of Full-Auto blasting! [bounce]

And [b]az_larry[/b] it was real good meeting you and talkin with you. And THANK YOU for that Oh-so-sweeeeeeet thrill of shooting the MP5. [b]HOT-DAMN![/b] that is one smooth-shooting gun. [8D]

And of course I gotta say hi to [b]Winston-Wolf[/b]. You DID have an ear-to-ear grin the WHOLE time! [:D] And thanks again for letting me try out your 50. [}:)] Now I know what a Mike Tyson uppercut feels like! I'm just waiting to see how bad I look shooting that thing when you post the pics. [BD]

And [b]GarryOwen[/b], [b]KBaker[/b] and a lot of other people who I didn't get their names - it was good to see ya'll - this is one great family of folks here.

I took just a few pics but I don't have a image host so if anyone wants I can email them to you for you to post.

I didn't get to meet [b]Spectre[/b] though!

Can't wait for the next one! [^]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, yeah, good time had by all.  However, you're all glossing over the most important issue - when's our next shoot going to be? [:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Favorite Moments:

* The HUGE turn out, 100% fun & friendly atmosphere and the AWESOME display of full auto weaponry. [bounce]

* [b]Winston-Wolf's[/b] euphorically incessant grinning.
What was in those cigars you were smoking anyway? [;)]

* The original ZDF video tape cassette being tossed (by [b]Sean[/b] I think) onto a hot range and permanently "erasing" it - Full Auto style.[}:D]

Not-so-favorite-moments:

* The momentary wet blanket of initially dealing with the film crew. But that didn't really spoil anything for me. I had one HELL of a time! Even though I left at about 12:30, from what I heard, once the film crew was given a bit more direction and supervision - all went very well.

* We needed MORE TARGETS!! I even brought a bunch of pumpkins, which much too quickly became piles of pulp.  I thought for sure other folks would bring more "reactive" targets! [:D]

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#18]
buring a 100 round belt in one burst thru a rpd :)

running a beta in a m16

playing try to cook a krink

i think i hardly touched any of my semi stuff xcept for the garand

yeah it was a great shoot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I shot a couple of my own favorite rifles, met several of you other "gun nuts" for the first time and some old friends as well.  It was a great time!  

Thanks for putting this together.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#20]
a couple of pics
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2bc47f3f/bc/ar15/AKFUN.jpg?bcHie29Ae8kBVKRc[/img]
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2bc47f3f/bc/ar15/AR15-CRYS-NEANDERTHAL.jpg?[/img]
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2bc47f3f/bc/ar15/cav-tv.jpg?bcHie29AoAIBm4oh[/img]

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2bc47f3f/bc/ar15/TVCREW.jpg?bcHie29A81juhwzM[/img]

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2bc47f3f/bc/ar15/john-ar.jpg?bcHie29Ap0r8KNWG[/img]
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2bc47f3f/bc/ar15/propane2.jpg?bcHie29AekXY2kaO[/img]
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2bc47f3f/bc/ar15/AR15-CRYS-NEANDERTHAL.jpg?bcHie29A5g4CMXd3[/img]

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm happy to say that I was part of the North end that refused to allow the liberal media to film us. The "posers" were making a big mistake!
View Quote

Ever heard this quote: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"?

Everything that we were doing on that range was 100% legal. There is no reason to run and hide. If we had tossed them off the range, they would most likely have made up some sort of story. Instead, we ended up with one of the reporters actually enjoying herself when shooting. Think about how hard it will be for her to try to do a negative story if she had fun? You never know... she may even produce a balanced report. It's worth the effort if that happens.

In the category of FWIW, the TV network they work for is Germany's equivalent of PBS, and hopefully is less likely to be into sensationalism, unlike CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, et al.

And back to the topic of this thread...

I liked the FA hardware available for us to enjoy.

I was especially impressed with the friendliness of Shawn and the folks from Cav Arms -- my next AR may just have to be one of theirs!

I thought the range may not have had a wide enough firing line -- admittedly, though, we did have an awesome turnout and was probably more than expected.

Next, we need stuff that goes BOOM. It would be great to be able to place 1/4 sticks out at 200-300 yards and see who can hit them. I'd drag out my 1/4 MOA varmint AR for that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Cav Arms was really cool it was like grab a mag load it come back grab a 16 and let er rip.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't think of anything I'd change. Maybe the only thing is that we all need to bring more targets to the next shoot. I also really liked the Cav ARs. I wouldn't mind having a conversion done using one of there shorty fixed stocks. Very light and pretty cool how they can come in so many colors. I desert cammo model would be sweet. I definately need more FA stuff. I'm not sure what was more fun, shooting or watching the grins on poeple's faces who shot my stuff! I'm ready to go again. That range was perfect for the Phx and Tucson crew to all get together. To bad we can't have a monthly shoot. Anyway, count me in for the summer shoot in Northern Arizona.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#24]
The ONLY thing I would change would be to have a group meeting and photo (for those who want to participate) Mainly so we can all put a face to the name.  The location was great and would be a great spot for future shoots.
az_larry, I'm sorry I never made it back to shoot your uzi but with all the FA stuff there and hopping from weapon to weapon I was just a bit overwhelmed !!  I will definetly shoot it next time !!
The_Macallan, Sorry I never got to meet you but I look forward to seeing you at the next shoot !!
This is the cool time of year so lets try and get a few more of these shoots going before the heat comes back !!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyway, count me in for the summer shoot in Northern Arizona.
View Quote

What details, if any, have been worked out for the summer shoot? Where? When?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Look what I found on the German Media's website.

ap
FBI-Beamte riegeln einen Tatort in Maryland ab

Laxe US-Waffengesetze
helfen dem Heckenschützen

Rund 193 Millionen Schusswaffen in privaten Händen

Bei der Suche nach dem beängstigend zielsicheren "Heckenschützen" von Washington wird die Polizei von wenig wirksamen US-Waffengesetzen ausgebremst. Eine landesweite Waffenregistrierung würde die Fahndung erheblich erleichtern, doch dagegen sperren sich viele Amerikaner, unterstützt durch eine mächtige Waffenlobby.

translation:

ap
A FBI official latch plates a scene in Maryland off

Laxe of US weapon laws help the sniper

Approximately 193 million firearms in private hands

With the search for that frightening target-safe "snipers" of Washington the police is output-braked by little effective US weapon laws. A country-wide weapon registration would facilitate the search substantially, but on the other hand many Americans opposed, supported by a powerful weapon lobby.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is the link so you can see how antigun they really are.

[url]www.heute.t-online.de/ZDFheute/artikel/0,1367,HOME-0-2018667,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Guys loved every minute of it, My bud had never shot a F/A before, he loved it. It was nice to meet people that i have agreed with as well as argued with. Shooting was great, chewing the fat with you all was just as fun.

Spectre, I'll let you know about a future shoot. Maybe second week in november. Let me know.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#31]
AZtrooper,
Sorry we did not get to talk more. My buds wife wanted him home early. I'll give you a call the next time I am in your area, we could go put some lead down range.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well...  they also provide a link to [url]www.nra.org[/url] so maybe there's room for both sides.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd say they're pretty anti-gun.

I put a (somewhat bad) google translation on
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=149710&page=2[/url]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I know one thing:  I'm going to have one of the guys at work fab me up some steel swingers.  That was the most fun I've had shooting in a long time.  Thanks to everybody who brought targets.  Especially whoever it was that brought the bowling pins!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Here are a few pictures I took.  Sorry for the poor quality.  1 hour photo + feed scanner + plastic sheet sandwiching the photos for feeding = crappy results.

But I think it captured some of the fun.  At least for me, I got one of me finally shooting my own AR, and shooting that AWESOME .50 Desert Eagle.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Winston_Wolf.

Cannot wait until the next time.  I will be sure to bring american ammo so I can get Cav Arm's full auto weapons even more dirty.

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/ar15-1.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/ar15-2.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/ar15-4.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/ar15-8.JPG[/img]

Here is the link to my webpage with the rest of the pics.  Again, if anyone has privacy issues with the pics, let me know, and I will adjust the pics to edit faces, or delete them altogether.
[url=http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/range.htm]2002 Arizona Members Shoot[/url]

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#36]
... Ah ha! [b]aztrooper[/b], we had the same idea when taking these two pix. Notice the crossfire! LOL!

P.S. You're welcome to exercise my 50's anytime brother!

[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/winston_wolf/TROOPER.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/ar15-6.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#37]
... When was the poll added?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#38]
lookin good...
i got lots more pictures of my girlfriend (YES SHE"S MINE HAHAHAHHA) shooting some other guns but no way to scan/post them.  i'm gonna get some copies of my pics to someone who can put them up somewhere (of course 90% are of me with the dozen different guns i shot that day).
overall the shoot was great and everyone was really cool.  no one takes the Germans seriously anyways....like the world is going to be swayed by THEM calling US violent....
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
... Ah ha! [b]aztrooper[/b], we had the same idea when taking these two pix. Notice the crossfire! LOL!

[url]http://www.boomspeed.com/winston_wolf/TROOPER.JPG[/url]
[url]http://www.mindspring.com/~ahaywood5785/webcam/ar15-6.JPG[/url]
View Quote

In the second pic I'm right there in the cammo & orange ear muffs(I didn't have my head turned yet)and all I got to say is where the hell do find a women like THAT!!!!![:P] sign me up!!Yeah.

MisterHappy[:D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I had a blast. It was great to meet all of you AR15er's. Thank you again to all that organiazed this shoot. And for all of you with the F/A stuff (CAV ARMS, AZEX ARMS, and the man on the North end). You made everyones day. Next shoot I suggest a fee for some Bar-Ba-Q catered in. We must eat right, while breathing in all that burn't powder. Looking forward to next shoot.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
... Me getting to shoot my Beowolf on Full Auto...Hot Dam...
View Quote

... I had as much fun as you did just watching you dance with that monster!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#44]
im still a little sore from the one round of 50 beowolf i shot.

damn i need one know.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#45]
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/winston_wolf/TROOPER.JPG[/img]

Winston_Wolf, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you, but you did get a good pic of my girlfriend; she's the one sitting in the background in the CavArms tent.  She's gonna shit when I tell her that her picture is floating around the internet!   [BD]    I'll post my own pics if I ever get them developed.

Thanks to all the guys that put on this shoot, it turned out much better than I expected.  I hope we'll be doing it again real soon, 'cause I didn't bring enough ammo to this one!

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think AZ member and TX members should meet up
and have a shoot together, since we both have the largest
single state shootouts.
We can each meet halfway and invade New Mexico.
View Quote

Well if you guys can pull it off - I'll invade from the north. - I debated going to AZ, but with one Subgun down, and less than 10,000 rnds packed... I wasn't sure it was worth it for a one day deal.

But Go Ahead, keep tempting me, I just sent Dillon another $300 for more loading gear... and I have 1800 lbs of bullet alloy waiting to be cast...
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
lookin good...
i got lots more pictures of my girlfriend (YES SHE"S MINE HAHAHAHHA) ....
View Quote

She may me your girlfriend but she's shooting MY GUN! [}:D] Just kiddin, she seemed like a sweet gal. I wish Mrs. az_larry would come with me to shoots, but it doesn't seem to interest her much.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#48]
"At a shooting range in Arizona for sniper training for everyone."

Wow, ZDF picked a great title for tomorrow night's show.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I Want to thank everyone who stopped by the Cav Tent.....I Really enjoyed meeting everyone and letting them shoot the Cav F/A rifles. I even actually got to shoot a few things this time, so it wasn't all work for me.

My high points:

F/A G36 (first time shooting it)
AK47 F/A....still a favorite, also enjoy shooting this one.
Belt fed 50!!!!!Frickin A dude, that rocked.
And Me getting to shoot my Beowolf on Full Auto...Hot Dam.

AKSkin: Dude, your in trouble....I saw how much your girl friend enjoyed the Silenced Cav15 in 9mm, now your going to have to get one.
View Quote

Hey Doug it was great seeing you again,& dont worry about Jon he's in good hands with us at ABC Nissan[:D]
Your right about the AK47 Ill never think the same way about a single shot AK again.Thanx for getting the Germans to record me on the 50. hehe
cant wait to find out if their gonna air me on TV fireing that baby[}:D]
That 50. & the RPD gave me a stiffy real fast!!
Thanx again for all your help,cant wait to go shooting with you again.Later.

MisterHappy^_^

P.S. this is wallace(wally)4(jr)If you didnt know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top