Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2002 6:35:56 PM EDT
Holy phreaking mother of Moses!  

I had absolutely no idea how many of us maniacs were on the web!  At the peak, we must've had over 100 shooters show up.

One of the things the lady reporter asked (off camera) was "What kind of shoot is this?  Is there some kind of competition going on?"  She seemed surprised when I told her most of us had never met before, and it was a "show off what you've got and throw some lead downrange" [i]shoot[/i] rather than a competitive [i]match[/i].

I guess that's something the orderly Germanic mind had trouble with!

What a great day.  I say we look into a Summer shoot in Flagstaff in about six months like someone suggested in the thread on the meeting forum.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
What a great shooting day this was !!!

With the German Media there it became...Lights ,Camera [b]ACTION[/b]...Burppppppppppp...The sound of, well Firearms going [b]BANG BANG [/b] All the time!!!

To All present [beer]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
i wanna know why y'all never showed up in these kind of numbers when matt and i lived in AZ and got to go to those awesome shoots?  huh?  'fess up.

surely, i'm not hated [i]that[/i] much.  

glad to hear things were great.  keeping the fingers crossed that the media gets it right this time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to a couple of the Pipeline shoots up in Flagstaff that Derek (AZEX) organized.  It was a good place to shoot.  We were able to set up targets from up close and friendly to beyond 500 yards.  Now that he's not up there anymore, it would probably help if we found someone up there who wouldnt mind their house serving as a meeting point.  Any volunteers?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
... I asked that reporter if he knew what that sound was he heard today.

His cameraman swung around and he asked me to say again, he then replied, "No, what?"

I said, "it's the sound of freedom" and went into a brief tirade into our Founding Fathers brilliant idea for a nation.

Just about mid sentence behind me about 5 or 6 of you loons start singing

... "God bless America, land that I love, stand beside her and guide her, through the
night with the light from above, from the mountains To the prairies ..."

... and they kept rolling the film!

[size=3][b]I LOVED IT[/b][/size=3]

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Way to go Winston!!!!
German says "VAT IZ FREEDOM?"

Anyone got any info on how they did on the TRAINING part. Funny Stories or anything? Anyone gonna check up on their credentials? What about video or photo, any one get them? I hope some one mentioned to the woman that we offer really good boob jobs in america.

BTW I just want to thank they GUY that was shooting a GREEN CAV ARMS AR,  he shot my target stand and broke it, that thing cost me.... um.... nothing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If somebody remebers will you please post the time and channel they are going to run this story. I have some one in germany who might be able to tape it for us.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... Anyone gonna check up on their credentials? ...
View Quote

9:00PM this Wednesday, German time

[url]http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/0,1872,2007487,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I am e-mailing a friend in Germany to see if she can record it and tell me what the show portrayed. Will let all know when i find out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Remember to ask for a NTSC format recording or you'll get a PAL copy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I did a search of the ZDF website for articles on "guns". All the articles slam the U.S. for allowing gun ownership. These people sound like a mouthpiece for the left. A big mistake was made allowing them to film us. Use a translator to read the following article on the MD sniper.

[url]www.heute.t-online.de/ZDFheute/artikel/0,1367,HOME-0-2018667,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I did a search of the ZDF website for articles on "guns". All the articles slam the U.S. for allowing gun ownership. These people sound like a mouthpiece for the left. A big mistake was made allowing them to film us. Use a translator to read the following article on the MD sniper.

[url]www.heute.t-online.de/ZDFheute/artikel/0,1367,HOME-0-2018667,00.html[/url]
View Quote

piss poor translation from [url]babelfish.altavista.com[/url] in the search box, type in "waffen" to find even more anti-gun articles.

it will be interesting to see what they produce

Laxe of US weapon laws
help the sniper

Approximately 193 million firearms in private hands

With the search for that frightening goal-safe "snipers" of Washington the police is expenditure-braked by little effective US weapon laws. A country-wide weapon registration would facilitate the search substantially, but on the other hand many Americans opposed, supported by a powerful weapon lobby.

The mysterioesen murders of the sniper in the bulk seam Washington are the Albtraum of each Ermittlers: The sniper acts apparently arbitrarily, but with high precision, it leaves only few traces, shoots from large distance and can by possible eye-witnesses hardly be constituted in such a way.

Ballistic finger mark forbade
     The Ermittler knows by laboratory tests that with the hinterhaeltigen notices always the same weapon was in use. The balls originate from a 223-Kaliber-Gewehr. That could be a hunt or a military storm rifle. It would be technical an easy to furnish country-wide a ballistic finger mark system in such a way specified. Thus each fired ball could be at any time assigned to a completely determined, registered weapon and thus its buyer. But the weapon industry and a powerful weapon lobby in the congress know to prevent this.    

Such a file could possibly answer the Ermittlern in Washington and Maryland now many questions. " That would be like an adjusting of human finger marks ", says Nancy Hwa, a spokeswoman of the citizens' initiative " Brady Campaign " in Washington, which fights against the loose US weapon laws. " On the basis the projectiles we could manufacturer, seriennummer and where and whom the weapon was also sold on, immediately find out. In the case of the mysterioesen sniper we do not even know the manufacturer of the weapons. "  

Only drops on hot stones
     Ironically Maryland beside New York is the only Federal State, in which there is a law to the ballistic finger mark. However thereby only pistols and only new weapons are seized. The government considers in the light of the recent murder series to obligate also manufacturers from rifles to this registration. In addition, without a country-wide data network only one drop would remain on the hot stone.  

The finger mark system is particularly rejected by the powerful weapon federation national Rifle Association (NRA) vehement. The federation has about three million members and many friends in the congress, in order to block jedwedes law, limited the right to the possession of a weapon. The organization relies thereby on the condition. Therein it, each American means the right has to have and carry a weapon. Minister of Justice John Ashcroft affirmed this principle only in the past year.    

Sniper in the election campaign
     In the USA there are roughly 192 million weapons in the hands of private people. About 39 per cent of all households possess a firearm. These do not have to be registered, and everyone over 18 years may buy a weapon in nearly each Federal State.    

The hinterhaeltigen attacks heat the election campaign up already in Maryland. The democratic candidate for the office for governor, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, accuses to her republican opponent to be against stricter weapon laws. Bob Ehrlich had been correct as a congressional representative 1994 against a law, which forbids certain storm rifles. The law was signed later by the president at that time Bill Clinton.    

Illegal Waffenshows
     Straight these rifles of older design are offered in high numbers on Waffenshows and of illegal salesmen. With such rifles also the two pupils arranged 1999 the blood bath in the Columbine High School in Littleton in the US Federal State Colorado. With the Amoklauf they killed 13 humans, before they killed themselves.    

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
WTF OVER ???????????????????????????????????????

IS IT 1939 ALL OVER AGAIN ??????????????????????

DID ANY OF THESE NAZIS WEAR BROWN SHIRTS ???????

I THINK THE ARIZONA BOYS MAY HAVE BEEN HAD !!!!!

THIS SEEMS TO STINK TO HI HEAVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE GOT NOTHING BUT BAD , BAD VIBES ABOUT THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

[USA]FIRST !
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IS IT 1939 ALL OVER AGAIN ??????????????????????

DID ANY OF THESE NAZIS WEAR BROWN SHIRTS ???????

I THINK THE ARIZONA BOYS MAY HAVE BEEN HAD !!!!!

THIS SEEMS TO STINK TO HI HEAVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE GOT NOTHING BUT BAD , BAD VIBES ABOUT THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

[USA]FIRST !
View Quote

... Ah hell, WTF, they're only germans after all. Who really gives a shit. If true those sorry bastards flew home thinking [i]"sure wish I lived in a country so rich in heritage, freedoms and civil rights and ownership of firearms"[/i]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey all, my Friend in Germany said she would tape the episode. I will let you know when I can get a copy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Wolfpack,
I'm probably one of the tall ass hillbillies you are referring to. Hell, my Dad was even born close to the Ozarks. The reason I didn't like the idea of the media taping us is knowing that they are going to use it to discolor gun owners. Let's just wait and see what the tape shows. Maybe next time we can limit filming to media types from Finland and Switzerland only.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
innocent_bystander, The best thing in the situation that presented itself on Saturday with that film crew would have been to have everyone welcome them. The scene that played out with some ok with them filming, some wanting them to stay at one end and some wanting them to go alltogether was it made us look like we were doing something wrong. If they wanted to tape us and portray us as lunatics then the best thing to do is show them a great time and explain how to shoot safe and while talking to them explain how stupid the current laws are and how important the second amendment is. How much would that woman and her film crew wanted to portray us in a bad light if they had a great time? The only way to keep the shooting sports from dying is to take non-shooters out (I took a few a couple weeks ago) and get them addicted as we all are or at least make sure they don't baaaaa like sheep when Tom Browkaw comes on talking about gun bans.
View Quote

Amen Wolfpack, I think we did the right thing by calling everyone together to discuss the filming. I think we came up with the ideal solution, teach the reporters how to safely operate a handgun and longgun, explain what we were doing there, and let them shoot full auto!!!!. they looked happy to me. I lived in Duetschland for 6 years, and watched allot of ZDF, we wont be portrayed in a totally good light, but I think we may have at least explained our way of life a little better to them. at least we will be portrayed as hospitable gun nuts, rather than hostile, paranoid gun nuts. the worst thing we could have done was get hostile, and throw them off the range. lets hope we get a fair shake. im very interested to see how it all edits out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#19]
only one drop would remain on the hot stone
View Quote

Damn!!!

Seriously guys, we really need to work on the hot stone issue.  This could make or break us!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#20]
... It just occurred to me to e-mail the station and thank them for attending our meet. Next time will send an invitation as well.
Can't hurt to start the spin in the right direction.

Go to it AR15.com Army!
The following is their 9:00PM Wednesday program schedule.

Drop 'em a nice line!

[url]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.zdf.de/&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522zdf%2B%2Btelevision%2522%2B%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

did the cat eat your meds?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#22]
well, was just over at the ZDF site and looked at Wed nights schedule. The title of the program about our AR15.com shoot is "Sniper training for everyone in Arizona"
id love to get a translated transcript of that show.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
well, was just over at the ZDF site and looked at Wed nights schedule. The title of the program about our AR15.com shoot is "Sniper training for everyone in Arizona"
id love to get a translated transcript of that show.  
View Quote
i also would like a copy of that or the video it self.

someone get me a copy of it on tape and i can have a friend video capture it and then i can give it to someone to host for us.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just about mid sentence behind me about 5 or 6 of you loons start singing

... "God bless America,
View Quote

I have this vision of the Deltas walking out of the IFC meeting with Greg Marmalard and Dean Wormer.

"I'm not going to stand here and listen to you bad-mouth the United States of America!"
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top