Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2002 2:26:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey [b]brouhaha[/b], I recently bought the Craftsman 26" brite yellow tool box. It is scary how well my Bushy fits in that sucker. The upper fits in upside down with an almost tailored fit. I have every intention of adding foam, but it almost isn't necessary. I just wrap the lower in a cleaning towel to keep it from sliding. The removable tray holds 20 rd boxes of ammo perfectly too. I was blown away at the 'coincidence'. Oh yeah, holds mags too.

btw, there is a thread on the Maryland AR web page that tells about what you are asking about.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
here is what i did

1 husky tool box from home depot(about 22") $30

1 2" piece of mattress foam from craft store $20

I cut the foam to the diameter of the tool box then laid out my tool on the foam (its an A2 upper)with the carry handle towards the inside and the bottom of the upper against the edge of the foam traced with a pen and cut out 1" of foam.

Next i sitiated the lower along the other edge of the foam with the grip to the inside and the top of the lower to be against the tool box. again traced and cut out 1" of foam.

Both parts fit snug in the foam with no slop. I also had room to cut in a spot for my Springfield compact 45 and two magazines for the 45.

I cover the stuff with a cotton towel and place the tray in and fill with cleaning goods, spare parts, loaded magazines, ect.

mzzlebrk
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasn't there some scuttlebutt a while back about foam rubber encouraging rust?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Would someone post a pic of a finished one?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I know what your talking about, I read that thread, If the search function wasnt disabled, I could find it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Try a Fender guitar case...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top