Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2002 7:58:11 AM EDT
I’ve been busy lurking instead of posting…  again!  

Isaac had surgery last Monday to repair his hypospadeas.  Just to make all of the guys here painfully uncomfortable, I will explain.  The opening for his urethra was misplaced.  Instead of being at the tip, the opening was in the middle of the underneath side.  He also wasn’t the same length on top as on bottom.  The poor little guy has been pretty miserable this week, so I haven’t had much time to let you all know how things went.  I also think that he’s afraid to fall asleep and be left alone for fear of what will happen to him next.  Aside from that, he’s doing very well.  The doctor was a bit concerned about his medical history (prematurity and respiratory problems) – that Isaac would be more prone to having apnea attacks due to the anesthetic was an issue.  However, he did wonderfully and was able to come home about two hours after surgery was complete.

I haven’t shown him off for a while due to a little accident with my digital camera.  At the moment, though, I have access to a scanner, so here’s my little sweetie.

Judi

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/KnockItOff%2FIsaac00%2EJPG[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/KnockItOff%2FIsaac100%2EJPG[/img]

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear hes okay.

Before you know it he will be up and walking
Then Driving
Then they leave!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I am glad the surgery was successful, and that Isaac is doing well.
I'm pulling for the both of you.
Take care.

ARH
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear it all went ok.  My son just came home from the hospital so I know exactly how you feel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear he is doing fine.

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#5]
May God be with your little angel and his family!

Eric The(Happy,Happy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
He's a cute little fella! He looks like a fighter. How about around of prayers for the little guy? He's got mine.
Kevin
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I am so glad to hear he is doing well Judi! He will be getting big & strong & wrestling with Uncle Eric's APBT in no time [:D]

OH yeah... POST MORE OFTEN!

AND bring that new "friend" of yours in here with you!

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#8]
A female coworker’s son had the same problem a few years ago, which is where I learned a little about it (actually far more than I really wanted to know!).

She was a pretty unhappy camper at the time!!

However, a little nipping and tucking while in the operating room seems to have solved it.  She told me a year or so later that everything had worked out fine and you couldn’t really even tell that he had ever had a problem. [^]

Really glad to hear things are working out well for your son!! [:)]  
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the update, Judi!

And is his weight doing ok too?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
It's great he's doing so well Judi.

[bounce][^][^][^][^][^][^][bounce]

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like everything is going to be ok, but the Power team will still send our prayers out to the little guy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
He was 8 months old on Wednesday.  He's up to 16 1/2 pounds, and is 26" long.  Getting to be quite a 'bruiser,' as his pediatrician likes to put it.  [:)]

Thanks as always for the prayers...  They've gotten us through some very difficult times!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top