Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2002 10:51:12 AM EDT
After all that happened, were there any changes in the "fertilizer" industry?  Possibly making it not react with what it did.  Also, any background checks or list of buyers?  What im getting at is, FOX News and the other money hungry news channels are puttin our sport down because of 1 nut rather than addressing bigger issues.  If you look at the numbers of people killed by this nut and what it takes to do an OK city thing, seems like they are barking up the wrong tree.  humm a trunk full of that stuff at rush hour will be more devistating.  all the same, I wish the media would do what it promised to do a long time ago and print the facts, not bias it in a way to make money.

sorry about the rant.  

Later
Lojack
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I never heard of any formal changes. There were many bandied about by the usual dumbassed suspects but none came to fruitation, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
After all that happened, were there any changes in the "fertilizer" industry?  Possibly making it not react with what it did.  Also, any background checks or list of buyers?  What im getting at is, FOX News and the other money hungry news channels are puttin our sport down because of 1 nut rather than addressing bigger issues.  If you look at the numbers of people killed by this nut and what it takes to do an OK city thing, seems like they are barking up the wrong tree.  humm a trunk full of that stuff at rush hour will be more devistating.  all the same, I wish the media would do what it promised to do a long time ago and print the facts, not bias it in a way to make money.

sorry about the rant.  

Later
Lojack
View Quote

No nor should it be so,as fertilizer is bought buy the tons here to be put on the ground,and diesel fuel is bought by the hundreds of gal here to be used in the tractors that spread that fertilizer.

All the components that went into making that bomb are and were found on the internet,farmers have been using that mix to blow large tree stumps out of the ground(instead of TNT) for years.

I guess if we had outlawed salt-peter,charcoal,sulpher then a lot of people would have been killed by clubs and swords!

The components are always there(gasoline-soap) to make anything lethal, we just need to be less vicious in our opposition of prevalent thoughts or acts!

Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top