Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2002 5:18:14 AM EDT
so, divorce is getting closer to an end and It has been 'awhile'..  can't help but do some 'window shopping'.

Do you ever see a promising babe only to visualize putting an AR or any other rifle in her hands to see if she would "fit" your ideals? (or is it just me?)[:D]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Now how are you going to find the "perfect" woman ([rolleyes]) if you don't "picture" them in different poses...ah...scenarios...er...situations?

Good luck through these tumultuous times, pal.

BTW, that reminds me. And living on the Front Range I know you'll understand.

How do tornados and ex-wives have in common?

Sooner or later, one of them is going to get the house. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
7IDL,
Hit her with the man sauce first then worry about her politics later. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Was married----twice----it's just me and the dog and the good life for 8 years now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Going through it right now.  She IS going to get the house LOL.  Furtunately, it looks like I will come out with everything I went in with and a clean slate.  Of course there is still time for that to change.  At least we are being civil about it.  But it's tough.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
was married,8 years,paid my fine and got released! [:D] AND I got the house, the dog, the stocks and all but 1 of the cars!whew..
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been divorced for over 10 years now...

In my opinion, the available replacements close to my age are more screwed up than my ex.

Like they say about us: All the good ones are taken.

I better get ready for female incomming after saying that...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been divorced for over 10 years now...

In my opinion, the available replacements close to my age are more screwed up than my ex.

Like they say about us: All the good ones are taken.

I better get ready for female incomming after saying that...
View Quote

If you are attacked I'll back you up on this one.
Seems like they either have a brood of kids from different fathers they want you to raise or they were treated like s#!t for years by their ex and are emotionally screwed up to the point of no recovery. Sad but true.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
so, divorce is getting closer to an end and It has been 'awhile'..  can't help but do some 'window shopping'.

Do you ever see a promising babe only to visualize putting an AR or any other rifle in her hands to see if she would "fit" your ideals? (or is it just me?)[:D]
View Quote

Haven't gone that far.....but whenever I get the feeling that something might be happening reltionship-wise between myself and a member of the fairer sex, I put everything right out in front....I tell her I'm into firearms, computers, anime, and movies, and I put out my political and religious views on things like the Constitution and abortion. If she can't handle them, then it goes no further....I've wasted too damn much time 'letting things develop naturally', trying to play down my interests, only to find out she wasn't being honest about how she felt. Now, it's throw down up front like a ton of bricks....blunt and simple. I don't want to waste my time or her time.

Of course, you wonder why I'm usually at the range by myself Friday nights...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Happiest day of my life was getting the decree of judgement in the mail.  I went out that day and got an AR-15 tattoo on my arm.

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! [beer]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Find out her politics first - it's going to save you the grief in the long run.

(been there, done that, got the tee shirt)
View Quote

make your 3 or 4th date a gun range. this will define her politics almost instantly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#13]
no no no!

Do you ever visualize womenz as how they might look holding an AR or other firearm of your choice?

I'm NOT talking about Dating, marraige or whatever, JUST a quick measuring up, A LOOK!
damn!
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#14]
One thing about getting single in yer very late 40s or 50s is that women that have had kids, generally have them out of the house by that age and they're looking for fun and are not looking for someone to be Daddy for a bunch of brats that are trying out for Jerry Springer.

That's unless you're dumb enough to feel you need a girlfriend young enough to be your kid.

45 or so with the kids out of the house is just what the Dr ordered for a guy my age..I'm 50.

I HATE younger women. Most of them don't have a clue.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Easier said than done but..Don't violate the #1 rule, don't get all tangled up with someone too soon after divorce. Wait about a year for the smoke to clear..
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#16]
A while ago, one of the crew was overheard saying that it's cheaper to buy it.

That started a HUGE bull session where I took notes, and got the lastest Dow Jones Industrial rates for basic sex workers.

This is based on appointments 3x/ week with a pretty good discount for maintaining a steady appointment. This is one hell of a lot more than you're prolly getting now! I turned the data into the shoreside ship's accountant. He's been divorced for quite a while, and was just getting ready to propose to some young philly.

We got a fax along with a note that the guys on board this boat would be one hell of a lot better off buying it. In fact, the accountant also had a note at the bottom of the faxed report that he was cancelling his wedding plans.

Think about it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wanted to add the third illustrious category of man: the one who is flat broke and often incredibly bitter from his last ex. [}:D]
View Quote

I give up.. my thread was hijacked!

Miss Magnum, you have a firm grasp of pretty much every guy here..(NO not that kind!! [rolleyes]  ..lol  [;)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
The happiest post-divorce guys I know chose never to marry again and are playing the field.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That started a HUGE bull session where I took notes, and got the lastest Dow Jones Industrial rates for basic sex workers.

This is based on appointments 3x/ week with a pretty good discount for maintaining a steady appointment. This is one hell of a lot more than you're prolly getting now! I turned the data into the shoreside ship's accountant. He's been divorced for quite a while, and was just getting ready to propose to some young philly.

We got a fax along with a note that the guys on board this boat would be one hell of a lot better off buying it. In fact, the accountant also had a note at the bottom of the faxed report that he was cancelling his wedding plans.

Think about it.

View Quote

My best bud and I have come to the same conclusion.  If I were to find myself single again for whatever reason, I wouldn't look at the transaction a buying "it", but more like paying for her to leave when I'm finished with "it".
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Find out her politics first - it's going to save you the grief in the long run.

(been there, done that, got the tee shirt)
View Quote

EXCELLENT starting point!

Don't waste your time on a left gun-hater.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Was married----twice----it's just me and the dog and the good life for 8 years now.
View Quote

Hell yeah....been me and the dog for a year now since the "D" and have never looked back.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Fly's,Floats,or fuks,cheaper to rent....I heard that HERE a while back.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Been married for as long as I can remember, my wife still wants it more than ever, I never go needeing.  She never bugs me, always lets me buy whatever toys I want, supports me in any damn fool venture I wind up in, likes my friends, hates my enemies and cleans my clothes.

I never have gone looking for any extra on the side (other than begging Miss_Magnum).

Couldn't be happier.

Whats your problem guys?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
no no no!

Do you ever visualize womenz as how they might look holding an AR or other firearm of your choice?

I'm NOT talking about Dating, marraige or whatever, JUST a quick measuring up, A LOOK!
damn!
View Quote

When I "visualize" women....it's usually...ummm...well let's just say firearms are not involved.  [;)]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

[blue]We got a fax along with a note that the guys on board this boat would be one hell of a lot better off buying it. In fact, the accountant also had a note at the bottom of the faxed report that he was cancelling his wedding plans.[/blue]

Think about it.

View Quote

Reality....
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#28]
7IDL,
Yep, window shop all the time.  Best wishes for ya.

piccolo,
The women I've met whose kids have grown are somewhat scary looking.  Guess I'm looking in the wrong places.  I like a natural woman who takes care of herself.  I've never bought "it," never will.  I want a women who is willing to give "it" to me 'cause she likes me.  And not use "it" as a means to ruin my plans of retiring at age 50.  Experience here.

I'm also starting to believe all the good women are taken.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Nothing wrong with "shopping" around......Juz keep your Pecker and your Wallet in your Pants;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top