Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2002 1:47:35 PM EDT
During an FOP meeting thois morning it was brought to our attention that the Right to carry for all LEOs nationwide is being stalled by amendments from Senator Ted.

He wants an amendment that it be extended to all political leaders, even after they leave office.

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
With high capacity magazines too I bet!

We should call Teddy and give him hell!

CRC
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats so newsworthy about that?

You'd be astonished at the amount of do-gooders that own guns and have them stashed, all the while clamoring for comfiscation.

BUT THEY'LL 'QUIETLY KEEP THEIRS, JUST IN CASE...

You think pols are any different? The routinely vote special privliges in for themselves.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes sense to me.  Only the Political Elite can be trusted to look out for us serfs.
Heck, if it keeps him from drinking and driving, I'm all for it [:D]
It's no different from Feistein (or is it Boxer) having a CCW because her life was threatened because of some business relations.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
What's his excuse-

"The family of the girl I murdered while driving drunk may attempt to retaliate?"

All Democrats are low life elitist hipocrite morons, and this moron bordors on treason.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
That fat coke sucker cant even be trusted with a car to not kill people...imagine the drunk bastards with concealed handguns..imagine Bill "the nose" Clinton carrying...
Ted 'the red' Kennedy..a few years ago if I remember correctly Teddies body guards got busted for possesing illegaly converted full auto Uzis...none were arrested and the whole thing just went away...
My favorite story (if true) Is Diane Fienstein's little 32 auto falling out of her purse at some big dinner banquet/political rally...After she had just finished a speech on gun control...due to the shooting of Harvey Milque?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
This fits here.

Last night on MSNBC 10/13

"If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using
     their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these
     people have these weapons at all" Rep. Henry A. Waxman (D-
     California 29th District...Hollywood)
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#7]
[pissed]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you guys are misreading this.

Kennedy is a bitter enemy of the proposal.  (Which, ironically, this puts him in the same bed as many members of this forum!! [:D] )

He is simply adding frivolous amendments to try to delay and ultimately kill it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Now he can get drunk and "accidentally" shoot his next mistress.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know why this is such a big deal.

After all, we (the great unwashed masses) have to follow a certain set of laws, and then there are others who wish to be above those same laws.  Isn't your clubhouse big enough to hold another group of the "elite"?

Sorry, TheWind, but it's pretty hypocritical to be complaining about politicians seeking the same special protections that you yourselves are trying to get.  You'll get no sympathy from me.

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The hypocracy is on him, for supporting gun control and then turning around and wanting this.

But if it gets the bill passed to give him what he wants then DO IT!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Ich bin ein hypocite!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#13]
He's safe no matter where he stands on this issue.

If G-d forbid he was shot in the head no vital organ would be hit,  Hit in that Bloviator belly of his, he'd pass of old age before it hit a vital organ...

Hit him in his whiskey???

What a pig!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#14]
No, the hypocrisy is on both groups (pols and LEO).  Kennedy and his ilk are undoubtedly hypocrites.  But didn't you notice when this bill was discussed here a few months ago, that many LEOs were up in arms that any of us could possibly see a downside to this legislation?

Those of us who disagreed with the Bill were, of course, labeled as "cop bashers".  They couldn't understand why we shouldn't wholeheartedly support this bill.  I mean, they said they'd certainly support similar legislation for the "common man", [b]after[/b] their bill was passed into law.  The check is in the mail, right?  But now, they're upset that another elite group wants a piece of the action.  Nah...no hypocrisy there.

Passing the bill to make Kennedy look like a hypocrite?  No thanks.  He's doing just fine on his own.

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now he can get drunk and "accidentally" shoot his next mistress.
View Quote

...... or maybe himself.
AB
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#17]
You forgot the Biggest Witch of all,Sarah Brady,they have the lic.for Full Auto SMG,there was a big write up on this subject about a year or so ago..From now on,I am putting this stuff on Disk,so I can speak of it correctly..Some 1 help me out here.Finestein got a CWP in Calif.,what's the chances of that..They submit that a AR15 madman is out to get them,and they need to protect themselves,if that was so,no PISTOL or SMG is going to help..Look at the DC area where the Guy that is trying like hell to get us unarmed..There was a Media piece done about us Gun maniacs,not being able to protect ourselves,or anyone else,because the Sniper would be too far away,JUST WHAT IF YOU HAPPENED TO BE WALKING BY THE LITTLE WHITE VAN,AND HAD YOUR GLOCK 32,ETC,ETC!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#18]
For the life of me, I can't understand why the people of my state continue to send his fat, bloated, alcoholic, motor vehicle homicide commiting ass back to Washington election after election.

I have actually had people say "It just doesn't seem right not to have a Kennedy representing Massachusetts."  Any other state have a senator that left a woman to drown (they think she was alive up to an hour after the car went in the water - air pocket), while he and the family lawyers conspired to save his own ass?

The Kennedy's make me want to puke.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#19]
isnt he a felon? .... Bluemax
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Are you fricken serious?

I feel nothing for you at all, not only is this outragously hypocritical, the idea of America was supposed to be ultimate power is supposed to be in the citizen's hands.

That's not where I see things heading. [grenade]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Bluemax -- I guess you don't know what goes on up here.  Being a Kennedy means an automatic get out of jail free card.  Ole' Teddy Boy was never even charged.  There's a whole list of things that Kennedys have just walked away from.

Michael Skakel is the first I know of to actually be charged and convicted.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#22]
The way I see it if there is national LEO carry then there is a basis for all states having CCW.

You should realize that most cops are ok with everyone carrying. THe ones that are against it ae the polititions. A chief of police in many jurisdictions is a political appointment.

I have been at odds with he former State FOP president, because I lead a no endorsement of Christie Whitman for govenor of NJ, because of her anti firearms positions. The majority of the street cops supported me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't know why Kennedy needs a firearm to protect himself, he could just threaten to sit on a potential attacker, or even worse, threaten to drive him over a bridge in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#24]
He doesn't need a handgun.  He's so large, he can carry a concealed Buick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top