Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2002 5:12:54 AM EDT
Hear that drumbeat fellas - its the anti's. We knew its a matter of time before they'd be getting some face time on national television and newspapers calling for further 'gun control'

I'm hearing ballistic IDing, national registration, 'sniper rifles,' and even that poll on repealing the 2nd.

Nows the time fellas to pick up that pen and phone, boot the computer to write a letter.

Keep it short and sweet - youre most likely just gonna have some intern reading the letter anyways. No threats, ya don't need the JBTs stomping your kitty.

I'm stuck behind the lines here in NY surrounded by libs - but I'm not going along quietly.

Tell em straight out you'll be serving them crow if they think we'll bow down ONCE AGAIN to their agendas and 'feel good legislation.'

WE are the true protectors of the Constitution and Bill of Rights - DO NOT sit idle and allow them to dictate to you whats best! Some of you have served your Country without question, we've been honest, caring and compasionate citizens in love with this Nation since our birth.

WE WILL NOT BECOME SUBJECTS IN [b]OUR OWN[/b] COUNTRY.

I fear fellas, for what the future holds with regards to our freedoms, 2, 5 perhaps 10 years down the road - its only going to get worse. Since 1934, we've been stripped of our rights, slowly and methodically.

Make a stand once and for all. The next form letter you receive from your rep, write back AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN!

If you can, call - make an appointment, stop in and visit them sometime, let'em see how you wont get out of their face until they leave US alone.

Do not be afraid - "they'll have my name and address" or "they'll know who I am."

Good, let'em know - cause your neighbors probably already have the 'TIPS' number on speed-dial.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Your right HKgnnr, it's only going to get worse as long as this nut is loose.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#2]
... I'm fairly certain that a lot of readers here are active with letters, calls and e-mail. Kind singing to the choir here.

However ...

...The [u]key[/u] to success is converting individuals and families in your vicinity. Get them on board. Take a fence sitter shooting, encourage them to join NRA and GOA, clearly explain the intent our Founding Fathers had framing the Constitution.
Help a friend, neighbor or relative purchase his or her first firearm. Thoroughly explain the science behind internal & external ballistics (trajectories, energies, internal pressure et cetera). After you've gained some political foothold, invite them to this site. In contrast have 'em ping DU to see just how full of holes the anti's argument is.
In a professional, unemotional manner explain or demonstrate that responsible firearm ownership does more for their personal security then 911 and cell phones ever could.

... Most of all, do it with enthusiasm and keep it fun.

... Now, Grasshopper, go forth and convert!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely Winston - just rallying the troops, and you raise some excellent ideas for the new members here.

I make no bones about voicing my opinions in public - invite several non-shooters to the range, and have had a 100% success rate (3 for 3 in the past 4 months alone) in converting fence sitters, or those who in the past had no opinion on firearms.

One fella, never owned a firearm before I met him. In under 6 months, hes a Life Member of the NRA, and now owns 7 firearms, including a 'black rifle'.

Sure, you'll run into those who'll say "I don't need a gun" or believe it or not "They (firearms) terrify me." However, in this case, the woman eventually came to me, and asked -"What would be a good home defense shotgun," and "...how can I learn?"

Just keep plugging - they're just itching for some facts to mull over, and YOU to show them how to own one responsibly.

Take charge - or the Government and media will.

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
It will be interesting how the antis spin things when it comes out that the vermin doing the shooting is a moslem terrorist.  You can be SURE those people believe in ALL forms of gun control!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top