Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2002 10:45:58 PM EDT
The following is an excerpt from an article on [url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/16/cf.opinion.moore.gun.control/]CNN[/url].  

[b]CARLSON:[/b] So who is responsible for the sniper attacks? Which among us is? Not the sniper, but what forces you just alluded to are responsible for these attacks, do you think?

[b]MOORE:[/b] What are you talking about? I don't understand what you're saying. Well nobody knows who is responsible for it.

[b]CARLSON:[/b] Well I don't know, if you are willing to draw a connection between Lockheed Martin and Columbine, I was thinking you might have a creative explanation for this.

[b]MOORE:[/b] Oh, I understand your question now. Oh, who is responsible for why now we're up to our, what, 12th shooting? It's because the police in this area are not able to trace the bullet to the gun that was bought because the National Rifle Association has coerced Congress into making sure that there is no federal database of ballistics fingerprinting.

... You, of all people, Mr. "Conservative," Mr. "Law and Order," that you would sit there with that smirk on your face while people are dying and not support the police having the tools available to them to catch this guy, it's just an outrage.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That whole topic pisses me off.  Why is it so hard for people to realize that bullet fingerprinting is nonsense.  Guns change over time as things wear.  The reason ballistics works is because you usually get the weapon and the bullet in a relatively close time frame to match them.  Now give your barrel a good cleaning with a steel brush, take a file to the firing pin, or put 500rds through it and so much for the ballistic fingerprinting.

Nobody (in the media)seem to be asking why it hasn't worked once in the places where it is already in place.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My personal theory is that the sniper is Michael Moore, who's shooting people to promote his new movie.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
$20 to the guy who finds Moore & kicks his fat faggoty ass!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess I could cough up a $20 spot for that too[:d]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I cracked a tooth.  I was gritting my teeth too hard while reading the article.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bob, how come many of your posts seem to contain the word faggot in them?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:01:06 AM EDT
[#10]
GUN CONTROL means using BOTH hands.lol
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:40:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That whole topic pisses me off.  Why is it so hard for people to realize that bullet fingerprinting is nonsense.
View Quote

Because it seems that generally, the public knows nothing about guns other than what the movies and nightly news tells them.  A friend and I have been trying to educate others at work, and are amazed at the things they believe about guns and gun laws.  Everyday myths and mistruths that we vent about are readily absorbed as gospel by someone that knows nothing.

It's a slow process, hindered by the continuous spread of lies and misquotes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:01:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I think this expert is supposed to be on cnn "talkback live today....  [:P]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bob, how come many of your posts seem to contain the word faggot in them?  Just curious.
View Quote

I think I have written the word "fag" exactly once. I have alluded to it on another occasion re muzzle breaks on a AR-15.

Feel free to point out any other references?

FWIW, I'm not one of those who likes to beat up gays for kicks. I almost had my ass kicked by a lesbian once & it's left me scarred ever since.  >gg<
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Bob, I was thinking of the thread about gay=race.  Sorry the search is down so I couldn't check for sure.

If I am in error, I am sorry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If I am in error, I am sorry.
View Quote

You are. S'okay. >gg<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top