Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2002 3:14:51 PM EDT
that the witness who saw the rifle is definetley,absolutely,positively sure it was an AK-74.

fwiw
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Plastic or wood furniture?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Plastic VEPR looking stock, Bakelite Mag...and a launcher of some sort...
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Romanian or Bulgarian?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
5.45X39? I don't see how the ATF could confuse a 5.45x39 bullet with a .223 Remington.

Do I hear SAR-3?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Really?  [:\]

And he got out of the van, walked ___ and shot?

And where did the ejected brass go?

I don't think so.
--LS
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't think so.
--LS
View Quote

I agree........

But these guys DO NOT want to get caught. Therefore Its easy to say that he may have disabled his gas system. Doesn't take much to do that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn Commie rifle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#8]
"Madame, I may be drunk, but you are ugly. And I will be sober in the morning." - Winston Churchill

I think that was W. C. Fields
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Madame, I may be drunk, but you are ugly. And I will be sober in the morning." - Winston Churchill

I think that was W. C. Fields
View Quote

Have you got a source?  My understanding is that this was said by Churchill to Lady Astor when she accused him of being drunk.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
that the witness who saw the rifle is definetley,absolutely,positively sure it was an AK-74.

fwiw
View Quote

In my humble multiple state away view,

If he was close enough to ID the rifle, he was close enough to get a shot off himself.

Carry a gun, damnit!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]longshot_va wrote:

Really?

I don't think so.[/b]

It is possible that the terrorist is useing some sort of brass catcher! It could be some sort of a home made cloth type brass catcher that is smaller then the ones that one can usually buy!

What I am finding interesting is that the media is not saying that the witnesses both have said that the terrorist is a male and his skin color is not white! That the skin color is a darker skin color! hmm makes me wonder! Also in previous shootings the police had eluded to that they had information of the ethniticity of the shooter, but they refused to release that information based on that they did not want to cause alarm and to offend a certain racial population! I say government cover up on the racial issue of the shooter!

The police and federal agencies dont want us whities to go around and rouse the muslim communites!

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw Furman on Fox last night. He tried to say it was an AK but each time they cut him off. Seemed like he really wanted to get that bit of info out.

Whew, sure am glad it wasn't an AR.
Guess you AK guys are in for more trouble. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#14]
why is it that all Villians are in love with the AK.  i've asked people what an assualt rifle is and everyone always says, "its one of those...ak47things i think."  i have come to the conclustion that an AR15 is not an assualt rifle, but the Sport Utillity Rifle (AR15) is actually in an class all of its own!  so take that FOXS NEWS!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#15]
It makes perfect sense that if this is a foreign terrorist of arabic decent, that he is more familiar with an AK than any other rifle and that this would be his choice of weapon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]
definitely a good argument for why people should carry. and this one was in VA wasn't it? isn't carry legal in VA?

Quoted:
Quoted:

fwiw
View Quote

If he was close enough to ID the rifle, he was close enough to get a shot off himself.

Carry a gun, damnit!
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes it is legal to carry in VA both open and concealed...that is what I have been preaching to all of my friends, guns save lives

Quoted:
definitely a good argument for why people should carry. and this one was in VA wasn't it? isn't carry legal in VA?

Quoted:
Quoted:

fwiw
View Quote

Carry a gun, damnit!
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think so.
--LS
View Quote

Maybe there was brass found but the ministry of truth doesn't want you to know what kind.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Marvl

Sir Winston, You are drunk!
Yes, and you are ugly. But tomorrow morning I will be indisputably sobor.

Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

Anyone that hates kids, cats, and dogs can't be all bad.
When offered a glass of water, he replied, "ugh! Fish phuque in it!
and
It was a woman that led me to drink. I never did write her to thank her.
W.C. Fields
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
5.45X39? I don't see how the ATF could confuse a 5.45x39 bullet with a .223 Remington.

Do I hear SAR-3?
View Quote

Are we not talking about the BATF= Bureau of Antiquated Technical Findings? There's your answer! Isn't it interesting that they want to jump on the AR15's ??  With the WEST NILE VIRUS going around, I ASK YOU, how in the hell are they supposed to EAT CROW NOW?

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fwiw
View Quote

Carry a gun, damnit!
View Quote

I AGREE about carrying a gun. Just think for a minute though with our perverse and twisted judicial system. If a "CIVILIAN" shot and killed this bastard,instead of being some sort of hero,he would be charged with murder himself!

He(the good guy)would be crucified in Maryland- THE FREE STATE ,considering we don't have a RIGHT TO CARRY law here!

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Virginia is a "shall issue" state. If you qualify to buy a gun and have had minimal training, a 6 hour course, an NRA competitor card, Pistol,High power rifle etc. Then you get a permit to carry concealed. Carry any hand gun you want to, the type or caliber is not listed on the permit. This law has been in effect since July 1995 with only one local shooting by a permit holder that I know about. A liquor store robber shot at a customer that was trying to hide behind a counter and the customer shot back a lot of times  with a Glock. I understand no charges were filed. The robber's family was talking about suing, but I never heard anything about the suit.The bad guy is taking a "Dirt Nap"  
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Virginia is a "shall issue" state. If you qualify to buy a gun and have had minimal training, a 6 hour course, an NRA competitor card, Pistol,High power rifle etc. Then you get a permit to carry concealed. Carry any hand gun you want to, the type or caliber is not listed on the permit. This law has been in effect since July 1995 with only one local shooting by a permit holder that I know about. A liquor store robber shot at a customer that was trying to hide behind a counter and the customer shot back a lot of times  with a Glock. I understand no charges were filed. The robber's family was talking about suing, but I never heard anything about the suit.[blue] The bad guy is taking a "Dirt Nap"[/blue]  
View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Are there really any REAL AK74's in the country that are transferable to civilians?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, there are a few but they're all dealer samples.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 1:40:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah, there are a few but they're all dealer samples.
View Quote

Just as I suspected.  So it's one of those wannabe AK74's.  Blundering news media.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top