Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2002 7:26:40 AM EDT
Im really sick of everyone saying that this guy is a terrorist from the Al-Queda. He is just a  domestic nutjob with hunting skills.

People say they have seen a "middle-eastern" or olve-skinned man? BFD, doesnt mean that they're Al-Queda, it just means that the melting-pot of diversity finally allows for someone who isnt a white postal-worker go on a killing spree.

WHY ISNT HE AL QUEDA?

1. Because I doubt that they are capable of decent sniping...They just arent a "precision"-based outfit...THEY ARE SLOPPY... Nothing they have ever done has involved precise, surgical-style operations. Big bombs and brute force are not precise calculations.

2. [b]IF[/b] the A-Q [b]WERE[/b] to do sniping, it would involve [b]GROUPS[/b] of snipers in [b]MANY[/b] cities at the [b]SAME TIME[/b]...that is cause for real terror...This nut is working on his own, that's how he's able to be evasive for so long.

3. A-Q would RATHER take-out large groups of people at once. They get-off on the suicidal nature of their terror. Martyrdom is the PREFERRED way.

4. A-Q is a very social (as opposed to anti-social) group. They do things in a group because they are too freekin retarded to think for themselves.

ALSO...

1. There is no way in hell that this guy is STILL driving the vehicle they have been looking for.

2. He is on foot. His gun case does not look like a gun case. It might look like a guitar case. A 16" AR would fit in a violin-sized case if you broke it down.

3. He may be burying his weapon in the area long BEFORE he intends to use it.

4. He is unemployed. He mostly walks or drives around looking for the site of the next event.

Its just NOT Al-Queda
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I find your arguments unconvincing and with little evidence to support them.
He may not be Al Queada, but there is no proof either way.  Al Quaeda used Richard Reid, a loner non-Arab, to try to blow up an airplane.  What would stop them from using another loner Arab in the US to snipe at random people?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That guy was a complete moron. If he was smart enough to make his own munitions, he would have been smart enough to ignite it succesfully.

THESE GUYS ARE NOT PRECISION PEOPLE AND CANNOT ACT INDEPENDANTLY WITH SUCCESFUL RESULTS.

[b]...little evidence to support them...[/b]

All of the numbered points on the top half of my post are common knowledge. If you think I am using unsupported guesses in what I wrote, you need to point to some specific facts that contradict these...

1. Big bombs and brute force are not precise calculations.

2. IF the A-Q WERE to do sniping, it would involve GROUPS of snipers in MANY cities at the SAME TIME...that is cause for real terror...This nut is working on his own, that's how he's able to be evasive for so long.

3. A-Q would RATHER take-out large groups of people at once. They get-off on the suicidal nature of their terror. Martyrdom is the PREFERRED way.

4. A-Q is a very social (as opposed to anti-social) group. They do things in a group because they are too freekin retarded to think for themselves.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm... Our media is foaming at the mouth, Schools are in lock down, Local TV outlets are interviewing people gassing up their cars wearing body armor, and (gasp!) Starbucks no longer has any outdoor seating!

Those sound like pretty successful results if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WHY ISNT HE AL QUEDA?

1. Because I doubt that they are capable of decent sniping...They just arent a "precision"-based outfit...THEY ARE SLOPPY... Nothing they have ever done has involved precise, surgical-style operations. Big bombs and brute force are not precise calculations.
View Quote

Ad nauseam here - the general consensus is that you don't have to be incredibly talented to make a head shot with a supported and scoped .223 from 150 yards.

Think of Al Qaeda as sloppy ignoramuses if it helps you sleep at night.  The reality is that these guys are trained and highly motivated.

2. [b]IF[/b] the A-Q [b]WERE[/b] to do sniping, it would involve [b]GROUPS[/b] of snipers in [b]MANY[/b] cities at the [b]SAME TIME[/b]
View Quote

And we know 100% for sure that they aren't employing multiple actors?  Take a look at the discrepancies many of the eyewitnesses have given police, some say they saw a Caucasian, some a Hispanic, and some a "middle-eastern looking individual".  If you have a bunch of cell members dispersed through the area and they're "switch-hitting", they'd be very hard to nail down wouldn't they?

View Quote

It wasn't in Bali last weekend.  They nailed a huge group of people - but - no martyrs.

Its just NOT Al-Queda
View Quote

I hope you're right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top