Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2002 6:16:16 AM EDT
This morning on Fox they had some news bimbo go to the range and try out a scoped AR-15, the rifle that, in their words, IS the weapon that the police feel is what the sniper is using. She took three shots at 25 yards, I believe, and HIT THE SPOT SHE WAS AIMING AT!!! OMG!!!

[sarcasm]This proves that ANYONE could be the sniper, and a deeper implication is that these assault scopes must be banned!![/sarcasm]

BTW, did anyone else see this? What kind of bipod was on that weapon? It looked to be barrel-mounted and was quite robust in appearance.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
25 yards?  Come on now!  That's not sniping!  Lets see the douchebag hit something from 200 yards out, then they might be on to our [Dr Evil] EEEEEEEVIL Black Rifles[/DrEvil].
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
No but I did see on CNN where some guy was shooting a Ruger mini at 100 yards and hit the target.

His comment was, "That's so easy it's scary".

Well with a Ruger mini, that is scary.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Got few friends in the media
Anybody know if there is any way to match the bullet with the cartridge case?
Would they possibly have enough of a base left to do that..
Wondering if it is possible for them to have matched up any of  bullets taken from the victims  with the case they found?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I still don't buy the 'semi-auto' theory.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No but I did see on CNN where some guy was shooting a Ruger mini at 100 yards and hit the target.

His comment was, "That's so easy it's scary".

Well with a Ruger mini, that is scary.
View Quote

Sheet Bret Farvre could do this with a football [:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Ohmygod!  Rifles are hitting where they're aimed!! Somebody better alert the Brady campaign!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
25yrds is a joke  most of us here are able to hit 200yrds+ without a scope...freaking bews bimbo why does she need 25yrds......dumbasses!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
25yds........    [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif[/img]       [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif[/img]  And with a scope!!!  

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif[/img]

I've made 250-300yd shots w/ my 9mm AR open sights!!!  That's right 9mm.

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#9]
25 Yards????

At that range why bother with the rifle at all???  I could throw the damn cartridge that far and hit the target.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This morning on Fox they had some news bimbo go to the range and try out a scoped AR-15, the rifle that, in their words, IS the weapon that the police feel is what the sniper is using. She took three shots at 25 yards, I believe, and HIT THE SPOT SHE WAS AIMING AT!!! OMG!!!

[sarcasm]This proves that ANYONE could be the sniper, and a deeper implication is that these assault scopes must be banned!![/sarcasm]

BTW, did anyone else see this? What kind of bipod was on that weapon? It looked to be barrel-mounted and was quite robust in appearance.

FITTER out
View Quote

Saw this demo too.   Thought the reporter was gonna croak when she made the 25 yard head shot and she was informed she had made a "kill shot".

The pod appears to be an early Colt's.  Spring-loaded clip-on-the-barrel bipod - very light and handy.  Takes about two seconds to clip on or off.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't buy the semi-auto theory either.  I could only think of one reason, if he has to shoot it out later on he'll definitely have more firepower than a bolt-action.  Scary thought...
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#12]
i saw it too. her point was to show how easy it was for a total newbie with no knowledge at all of  
weapons to learn how to shoot a rifle with minimal training. its to discredit the reports that the [red]murderer[/red] might have some military or "sniper" training.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#13]
25 yds....oh my god...what a waste of a bullet...I mean after all that sucker still had enough energy to travel another 5,975 yrds  the 6,000 yard range that my AR's have. Just seems like a waste to me...I mean...shouldn't they show all the soccer moms of America what the rifle is REALLY capable of?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
25yds........    [url]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif[/url]       [url]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif[/url]  And with a scope!!!  

[url]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif[/url]

I've made 250-300yd shots w/ my 9mm AR open sights!!!  That's right 9mm.

View Quote

ive seen a pair of guys with a scoped .22 shooting at a indoor range at 25yards..  all over the paper. i kinda embarresed them when i brought in my 35' target with 6" groups from a .22 open sight pistol.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw that too.

She was like "so these guns make this easy!"

Hell, it doesn't matter what kind of rifle it is.
A mild recoiling .223 & a scope make accurate 100yrd shots easy!

IGNORANT MORONS!

I'm sure the gungrabbers are loving this shit [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#16]
WHOA! Time out...

What exactly is the complaint?  I seem to remember that the current wisdom was that the shots this murderer is making did not require any kind of sniper training.

That's all this reporter showed.  If she bothers to take a few hours training, she should be able to make 200 yard shots on a head sized target with a scoped AR15 style rifle with ease.

If the media and the liberals are going to get their panties in a bunch over something, let it be over the truth.  After all, they have no problem getting worked up over their own lies, don't they?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#17]
So do you all still believe the "fair and balanced" marketing slogan?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WHOA! Time out...

What exactly is the complaint?
View Quote

You have to see the segment.  I didn't think it would come across negative either, but it did.  After she hits the target in the kill zone with her last shot she says, "Dear God," very ominously, in a "what-have-I-done" tone of voice.

Pathetic
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Except that eye witness accounts say the killer of the latest victim was firing an AK-74 and was ONLY 30 yards away.  Pray its so, and pray they catch and vaporize this asshole quickly!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
CNN can go to hell with Wolfy Blizkit.  And so can that gun bitch on fox.  Every POS reporter has an agenda.  They can all take a field trip to Pakistan.  I'll get them tickets on Priceline.  

They just had another schmoe talking about how the law is leaning more towards the AR15 theory.  These fucks are always more concerned about what gun went off on it's own and shot those innocent people.  Why not do a full profile on the victims?  

From Commie News Network

- 3000- 3500fps
- range: 2000ft in calm conditions

Guess they want you to believe the AR15 is capable of 2000ft head shots.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Notice her "second shot" is actually the third shot. I doubt the instructor put that other lazy ass off silhouette shot in there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone should point out that since it is so easy for an untrained civilian to make "kill shots" with a decent rifle, then maybe the capture of this murderer should not just be left up to the law enforcement community.  It must be surprising to learn that civilians are capable of defending themselves.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#25]
My wife said she heard on the radio that some news talker said "This guy has had some training, The shots he is taking would be very hard for even professionals."

I asked my wife do you know how far I shoot at when you spot for me? I told her it was 200 yards. I then asked her and how many shots do I put in a 6 inch cirlce and I am using iron sights. The Answer is around 15 out of 20. We then covered the fact that most of shots were under 150 yards. Now even my wife is onto to the bullshit the News put out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top