Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2002 4:24:06 AM EDT
Another Sniper shooting occurs.

When you get home, you seen on the news they are looking for a car like yours.  (ie:  red Chevy Lumina - no plates) You were in the area at the time, but didn't see or hear anything.

Do you risk calling the police and tell them you were the one in the car, and they don't have to keep looking for it?

Why or why not?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure.

Just make certain that you have everything, and I mean [u]everything[/u], in your life in good standing.

And I mean everything!

And if you own any AR-15s, AKs, or Winchester 94s, I'd be taking them to a storage unit first, before I made the call.

No need in having someone take them for tests!

Eric The(TakeMaybeAWeek)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:31:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And if you own any AR-15s, AKs, or Winchester 94s, I'd be taking them to a storage unit first, before I made the call.

No need in having someone take them for tests!

Eric The(TakeMaybeAWeek)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

This is Merryland, they KNOW what guns you own.

Now if they happen to disappear right before your "interview", how do you  think that's going to look?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell No!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from fight4yourrights -
This is Merryland, they KNOW what guns you own.
View Quote

What happened? Why are the folks in Maryland being punished?

Surely a free people would never vote such an idiotic restriction upon themselves, right?

Such laws must have been imposed upon them by a conquering enemy.

Eric The(ArmyOfThePotomac,1861-1865?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I cant believe Im going to say this.... but Yes.. why? You ask.. so they will not have oficers wasteing thier time looking for a read Lumina and use thier resoures to thier full capacity in looking for the real killer< just like OJ [:)]>
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Free people don't vote for such things.  Most of the time politicians pass these things without allowing the people to vote the law down.  Even when there is a vote allowed, it should require at least 2/3's of the voters to vote for one of these laws before it is allowed to pass.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Free people don't vote for such things.  Most of the time politicians pass these things without allowing the people to vote the law down.  Even when there is a vote allowed, it should require at least 2/3's of the voters to vote for one of these laws before it is allowed to pass.
View Quote

Hey now!.. thats crazy talk... thats not the way its done in Socilist America that Clinton tried/fought so hard for..

What the hell to you think this is .... [red]Am[/red][white]er[/white][blue]ica[/blue]?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#8]
If an accurate description of my vehicle is given, yes.  I have little to fear IRL - save for my board name, which was chosen a yr. ago (also not about to give up my +4 rating on E.E.). [:D]

If the issue is pressed - due to our common interest shared here - not only will they be wasting valuable time, they just might lose their job over it!

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, that might explain the very [u]first[/u] time that politicians vote to limit the people's freedoms.

What happens when those same people vote for those same politicians [u]after[/u] the initial laws that limited their freedoms?

I call that 'ratification' of what the politicians have done.

And it is the direct fault of the citizens of Maryland, and no one else, that they have been willing victims of the limitation of their freedoms.

Who else can or should be blamed?

The voting booths are open, the parties seek candidates, the elections are run efficiently, so where is the breakdown in the system?

With the [u]citizens[/u] of Maryland, or any other state that enacts such laws.

Eric The(FreeState)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Another Sniper shooting occurs.

When you get home, you seen on the news they are looking for a car like yours.  (ie:  red Chevy Lumina - no plates) You were in the area at the time, but didn't see or hear anything.

Do you risk calling the police and tell them you were the one in the car, and they don't have to keep looking for it?

Why or why not?
View Quote

After doing as hun suggests, I would make the call before one of my "neighbors" (read informent), did. The cops are using resources to look at me, that could be used to look for the real perp(s)...

Let me clarify, given where I live, and my political activities, if they were looking for a car that matched mine they would prolly be waiting for me when I got home. It would prolly be a chat, and not a felony stop....
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And it is the direct fault of the citizens of Maryland, and no one else, that they have been willing victims of the limitation of their freedoms.

Who else can or should be blamed?

The voting booths are open, the parties seek candidates, the elections are run efficiently, so where is the breakdown in the system?

With the [u]citizens[/u] of Maryland, or any other state that enacts such laws.

Eric The(FreeState)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric,

I agree with what you are saying, but in the case of Maryland you are wrong.

The decent citizens of Maryland are powerless to stop the liberals:

- the dead vote in Baltimore  (and they vote Democrat)

- the welfare scumbags dominate the state politics

- Montgomery & Prince Georges counties (liberals) and Baltimore City dominate all elections.  The rest of the state doesn't go along, but they don't matter

- The DemoRats are so well entrenched that they stack the deck in their favor

- all the decent folks (like myself) are fleeing the State
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Without getting into the questions about the Peoples Republic of Maryland and addressing the original thread question...Yes, I would call the police and tell them that my vehicle was in the area and if they sent someone to interview me, I would be happy give them any basic information they wanted, as long as it was on a friendly basis. I have nothing to hide and really do not believe, that Law Enforcement is evil or an enemy of the people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top