Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 5:28:05 PM EDT
On FOX say, he believes there's reason the guy has chosen the AK variant as his sniper weapon. He said something to the efeect it is a not a "real" sniper weapon. He said maybe the killer unknowingly has linked himself with the use of the AK variant....sounds reasonable.

Don't see too many Marine snipes using the Ak....

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
On FOX say, he believes there's reason the guy has chosen the AK variant as his sniper weapon.
View Quote

Yep, thats what he was trained on at some middle eastern or north african based Alqueda training camp.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I surely hope that the AK variant and the middle eastern looking guy is true.

If they are true though its NOT a coincidence. Just look how popular AKs are in middle eastern countries.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't belive it either!

He stated that witnesses to the last shooting described an AK-47, and he belives it is chambered in .223. He made the statement that the sniper might be using the AK to make a political statement, or may identify with the AK.

Strange none of the news sites have the type of gun used in any reports. Maybe he was talking out of his ass?

Av.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now he's chewing up the absurdity of cartridge registry... Whoo, hooo! Finally someone with a clue o National TV.

I think he's my hero!

[:d]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok,I need to get up to speed here.
I just got home from wirk and don't know what the hell you guys are talking about but if it is a AK variant with a small round how do we know it's not an AK-74? or do we?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
No Av...it's already being leaked and reported by news services. Along with the Hispanic or Middle eastern looking male.

I think we're pointing to a Muslim sympathizer who wants to do his part in helping Jihad happen. I would'nt be surprised after hearing all the apologist for whats happening in Israel or 9/11...the guy is a Muslim I tell ya.

Who uses a SAR-1 except Campy Bob? Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Just kiddin' Camp,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Strange none of the news sites have the type of gun used in any reports.
View Quote

Nobody had seen the rifle until last night & NBC & FOX News has been saying it's a .223 AK now for a few hours now.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=148938&page=1[/url]

Anyone know the rate of twist of a .223 AK? I'm curious what ammo weight they could be using. I think they are all 1:12.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Does 5.45 fragment?  Weapons experts might not have had a piece of the bullet preserved enough to know if it was 5.56 or 5.45, and been wrong the entire time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#9]
tune into Fox... Bill Bennett and the interminable

ALLEN (I'M STUPID AND UGLY) COMBES
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No Av...it's already being leaked and reported by news services. Along with the Hispanic or Middle eastern looking male.
View Quote

I heard about the Hispanic/Middle Eastern thing, but the AK was new to me.

Damn work, keeping me away from Fox News!!

Av.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top