Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 11:41:10 AM EDT
What are the odds that it could be a Cop or a Fed? That would explain the difficulty that they are having in catching the sniper. No I am not crazy before anyone tries to dismiss this idea, just brain storming here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Could be anyone.....Until we catch the perp(s).
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Some may agree with you. They would be the same people who rant about how stupid, lazy and inept cops are. So which is it? A deviously clever psychopath or a lazy, stupid inept cop? Then again some might say it's both.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Kinda funny how the "terror killer" (I refuse to bestow the title of sniper on him/them) didn't shoot the cop out at the traffic stop..

AND..  I was betting that there would an attempt at "Chief" Bullwinkle Moose to display brazenry.  Nada...
[;)]

My honest gut feeling on this is Middle Eastern Terrorism.  Look how much fear has been instilled in the public after just a week or so.

- the al queda training tapes
- the al queda references to targeting schools
---- the list goes on for quite a bit...
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The fact that he killed an FBI agent could lead credence to the theory if she was in on the case.  If he stalked her because she was on to him or something....
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
She was an analyst for the National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC).

Not a sworn position..  she was basically a civilian employee.   (Nice bunch of folks though...)

See ---->   [url]www.nipc.gov[/url]

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Added to note:

I highly doubt that she was targeted due to her employment affilliation.  
Most probably a random victim.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
When you think about it. It can explain the odd hours the shooter strikes at. He only shoots off shift.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
no, i don't think he's a cop.
cops don't shoot that well! LOL.

i vote for the mama's boy that got layed off, can't find a job and is pissed off at the world.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
the simple fact that none of the shooting victims have been defense attorneys disproves your theory.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#11]
My GF and I were discussing this last night. What puzzles me is, why haven't they pulled ALL the Astro van registrations (see how "registration" can be abused?) in the geographical area and given a list of, say, 5 or 10 to be checked out by patrol cops during their shifts to see if the registration is a white vehicle OR why isn't anyone who has a neighbor with a white van that matches the description stepped forward, especially if same is a firearms owner? NO, this isn't "Ratting" on someone, this sick fuck needs to be stopped. I'd drop a dime on my favorite neighbor and hunting buddy if I thought it was him and he matched the criteria.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
No, I bet it is more than one individual operating together. It is a terrorist cell that neither is linked to Osama or not but trying to make it look so. Face it, the shots are not difficult but escape&evade is. I doubt one person could be this lucky for this long without being caught in e&e. It must be a group using spotters and radios to manuever covertly after the attack. These are skilled, trained, and funded people with either no community/family ties, or from a very tight-knit group. Otherwise, somebody would have provide leads by now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
terrorists are supposed to be well funded.  Have a vehicle, several rifles of various calibers, and money to travel.  Assuming individuals willing to do this are difficult to recruit, just have one or two two-man teams.  Shoot one person in D.C. then drive non-stop to, say, Austin, Texas and shoot another.  The next day, another in Miami, then the next in a small town in South Dakota.  
View Quote

You are being to short sighted. This team will work the DC area until killed or captured. Only then will the next team start in another area.

Oh, when they do finally locate the sniper(s) vehicle, expect a really big explosion.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#14]
how about a Montgomery county cop that couldn't make it on the SWAT team? Now he's out proving he's better than the SWAT guys.

Do some shots in Montgomery county while on duty, do a few in other areas off duty to keep the suspicion off him.

If anyone sees him at the scene with a rifle, they will just assume he's responding to the call.

He can drive through any road block in his police cruiser, has a radio to hear what's going on..

Hasn't shot any brother officers yet.......

Getting paid lot's of OT right now....

Not outside the realm of possibilities.

I vote for Islamic Terrorism.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Singular Shooter - Demented white guy...a loner

Shooter(s)- Arab Terrorists...Olive complection?

MY Votes
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#17]
All of this talk about ballistic finger/rifling prints on .223 cal rifles, hummmm I'll bet if a person were to be stopped with any rifle in .223 cal, could expect to have his/her rifle test fired to get a print from the bullet. I'll also bet that not one, nadda, single police weapon has been fingerprinted. If they are willing to bring in recon aircraft, manned or otherwise in this serious prudent situation, then why not print the .223 rifles that they have the easiest access to first?[thinking]

Who's to say that they won't find a match?!

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#18]
if it were terrorist they could just shoot someone w/ an AR then overnight express the upper to another cell member who does the same. kinda like a chain letter.
each week there could be 7 different shooters, 7 cities, seven shootings, one ballistic fingerprint. then only one person would get popped if caught because the bullet would only trace back to that weapon. then the other cell members could buy another upper (no registration) and start over.that would drive investigators crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top