Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 8:19:10 AM EDT
Here's an example:

[img]http://www.coe.unt.edu/allen/images/bullet.bmp[/img]

They've said they'll make it right, and the they have a 15 year reputation of great ammo.  The few people that heard my complaints at the hun shoot would disagree.   Please send me your comments...([email protected])

THe gun was blamed by DRS....but, I've put lots of other ammo through the gun, plus Wolf on that day.    Kimber UC II, Kimber mags...

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Picture doesn't come up for me. Just the box.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Try:

http://www.coe.unt.edu/allen/images/bullet.bmp
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They've said they'll make it right, and the they have a 15 year reputation of great ammo.  The few people that heard my complaints at the hun shoot would disagree.   Please send me your comments...([email protected])

THe gun was blamed by DRS....but, I've put lots of other ammo through the gun, plus Wolf on that day.    Kimber UC II, Kimber mags...

View Quote

I find it hard to believe that the gun did it. Especially since there isn't a mark on the bullet where the brass is torn away.

It looks to me like the case mouth was slightly dented when the bullet was seated causing it to tear and make that nice little gash on the bottom of the bullet.

I don't have any info on Dallas Reloading, but it looks to me like it's a law suit waiting to happen if they can't inspect their reloads any better than that. I'm careful with mine, but I'd be double careful if I were selling them to someone else.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  That's the kind of information that I need.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Case was dinged or the bullet was not align properly when inserted into the case. Look at the bottom of the bullet see the case mark.

It is a classic for reloading. Did you show them the pic's and they still blamed the gun ?
That would be hard to believe.

I dont think you should be looking for a whole lot in terms of them making it right.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, that's a case neck caught on the bullet.  No doubt about it.  Seen it, done it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#7]
drjeff, by far the crappiest ammo I've ever used as been gunshow reloads...9, .45, .223, you name it.  I ended up reloading my own or buying new for shtf stuff.  No more problems.

Edited to add that now the picture loaded, there is ZERO way that any gun has the force necessary to peel the brass back like shown in the photo; agree that it happened during reloading without a doubt.

-hanko
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Like was said, one of the causes is the bullet not properly aligned prior to seating.

Other causes:
 Dent in mouth of case.
 Case mouth not expanded sufficiently.
 Bullet oversized/wrong size

That type problem cannot be caused by the rifle. This is a reloading issue. I've done it more times than I care to admit (so I won't)!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#10]

I bought some 9mm reloads from them, probably 500 rounds, and so far with 300 rounds shot I have had 2case ruptures, one at the Hun farm this last weekend. I think I will try factory from now on... fullclip

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I am surprised to hear of the problems.  I have shot thousands of their reloads and only had one bad round.  It was kind of an odd ball thing and I did not think anyone else would have caught it either.  As far as every other gunshow reloading service goes, I don't like them.  Anybody want a case of SS109 that won't chamer.  I just crank up my Dillon most of the time, but yes, even I have messed up an occasional round.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#12]
i do this when i forget to properly adjust the expander ball on the resizing die.  

my advice it to throw the rounds away and "forget about it".
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#13]
No Q.A. ...had to be the guy cranking out 800 rounds an hour. There is something to be said for checking reloads using a go  no-no gage while watching bullwinkle on the tube! This kind of crap won't get by ya I promise.[;d]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top