Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 4:04:06 AM EDT
if he is indeed driving around in a white/creme colored Astro mini van/latter rack, how come nobody in this hugely congested area ever sees him driving to the scene, get out, do the job and leave.  Can they not follow him, get a better description of the shooter, any acomplices, plate ID?   Why can this perp just presumably just drive about with complete anonymity?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
He obviously has local streets knowledge as shutting down major highways immediately post-shooting has failed to ensnare him.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
This guys marksmanship is not that unusual. What this scum-bag is real good at is non-detection and evasion. Being able to escape the way he does is what gives him some kind of training as a pro. Whether military, terroristic trained, or read how in a book or video arcade, it's his evasion that makes him dangerous. Anybody notice that this latest shooting happened 15 min. after ABC/20/20 live. This guy is feeding off the media with no shortage of food.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
if he is indeed driving around in a white/creme colored Astro mini van/latter rack, how come nobody in this hugely congested area ever sees him driving to the scene, get out, do the job and leave.  Can they not follow him, get a better description of the shooter, any acomplices, plate ID?   Why can this perp just presumably just drive about with complete anonymity?
View Quote

Think about it, heavy urban area. Most folks live next door to someone for 5 years, and don't even know their names. 99.9% of the people couldn't even tell you what color car they parked next to in the parking lot. No one pays attention.... It's ideal for this guy(s)...
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]
While the news media contributes to the shooter's "feeding frenzy" and most likely more loss of life, it continually tries to blame the NRA and law abiding gun owners for allowing this to happen and connect them to this incident. The news media, in their quest to keep up their ratings, have contributed more to these type of killings than all the guns owned by law abiding citizens of this country. I am also tired of hearing so much misinformation and "expert opinions" from both sides of the fence. I wonder if some gun shop owners make public statements just to get a little free publicity/advertising. At the same time I wonder how cold and heartless the news meida is,what new lows it will sink to, how much it will distort the truth to get "sensationalism news", if they have a conscience and can sleep at night and if they realize how many lives they've ruined in their reckless pursuit of reporting the "news" or are they just concerned about making a "buck", no matter how or what they have to do to get it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, the news media is reporting that they have several witnesses that saw a man stand behind or shoot from a van in the Home Depot parking lot.

Too bad someone didn't follow him or for that matter ram the scum bag.  (Interesting story for your insurance company eh?)  I guess it's too much to ask bystanders to get involved ...

Ryan
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Reidry, got to leave it to the professionals, otherwise, someone could get hurt (namely the shooter).

Don't get involved, also, if you are a victim of the shooter, make sure to die  early enough to get on the local news early show, ok?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#7]
This roadblock stuff just isn't going to work.

Let's say the guy sits around waiting for an hour then takes a shot. He is either still in his vehicle or very close by. He packs up his shit and is gone in under two minutes. He hits the highway and travels for 5 minutes at 60mph before he exits. He is now 5 miles away from the scene in under 10 minutes.

Obviously this guy has already planned his escape routes, so he's probably gone quicker than that. He's probably already dumped the white van as well, since the whole world is looking for it.

How long does it take for the police to set up the roadblock? I doubt it's less than 10 minutes for them to get in position since they have no idea where he is going to strike next. By this time the guy is long gone and they're probably looking for what is now the wrong vehicle and there is no way they can thoroughly search every single vehicle on the whole highway going both directions for a five mile stretch.

This guy knows what he is doing and it's going to take more than a roadblock to stop him. He's going to have to get careless and make a mistake where someone is closer to the shot to be able to positively identify where it came from and which way he fled and in what type of vehicle.

Somebody is going to have to be in the right place at the right time and hope that he doesn't see them or they'll likely be the next victim.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
So people actually saw him shooting from the back of the van and still did nothing.  I'm amazed I live among such cowards.  I live in Northern VA and I'm so incredibly angry.  And I carry.  So I'd better not run into this guy for his sake.

Also, here in NoVA there are TONS of white vans.  A lot of new construction is happening here, and a lot of the contractors live out in the suburbs and drive in towards the city to do their work, so there is always a plethora of white vans/trucks on the roads.

I'm still just amazed that not once has one of these "witnesses" just chased the guy!  Come on, people, take some action!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This roadblock stuff just isn't going to work.

Let's say the guy sits around waiting for an hour then takes a shot. He is either still in his vehicle or very close by. He packs up his shit and is gone in under two minutes. He hits the highway and travels for 5 minutes at 60mph before he exits. He is now 5 miles away from the scene in under 10 minutes.
View Quote

You're not from around here are ya?  Given 10 minutes, you cannot count on being more than a block or two from any given starting point in the DC metro area, especially the area of the last shooting.  

What worked in his favor this time (and supports your assertion he's taking time planning his egress) was the large number of routes that would have had to be closed.  The area is known as 7 Corners, as 7 major roadways converge there, not to mention the back roads that could be used.

Obviously this guy has already planned his escape routes, so he's probably gone quicker than that. He's probably already dumped the white van as well, since the whole world is looking for it.
View Quote

He's definitely excellent at planning his escape, but he is counting on no one attempting to stop or follow him.  

Today, I'm sensing a change in folks around me.  I think people here are finally getting to the point of thinking "Let's Roll".

Some brave soul witnessing one of these acts WILL take action soon and that will most likely be what ends this bushwackers murderer spree.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So people actually saw him shooting from the back of the van and still did nothing.  I'm amazed I live among such cowards.  I live in Northern VA and I'm so incredibly angry.  And I carry.  So I'd better not run into this guy for his sake.

Also, here in NoVA there are TONS of white vans.  A lot of new construction is happening here, and a lot of the contractors live out in the suburbs and drive in towards the city to do their work, so there is always a plethora of white vans/trucks on the roads.

I'm still just amazed that not once has one of these "witnesses" just chased the guy!  Come on, people, take some action!
View Quote

DITTO SIR,

We are a nation of sheep.

If I see this mother F^cker shooting, I may not hit HIM, but I will at LEAST empty an entire magazine of .45 hardball into his "white van"

Officer: What did the vehicle look like?

Me: Its the one with half-inch holes in it, does that help?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We are a nation of sheep.

If I see this mother F^cker shooting, I may not hit HIM, but I will at LEAST empty an entire magazine of .45 hardball into his "white van"

Officer: What did the vehicle look like?

Me: Its the one with half-inch holes in it, does that help?
View Quote

Yes!  I'm carrying an extra mag now just for such an occasion.  Some .45 ACP into the van/tires/bodies will at least make it easier to track the van ;-).

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Could it be the shooter and his driver are in one vehicle,(not a white van), and a 3rd perp is in a white van and speeds off right after the shot?? He gets stopped, but skates right through, 'cause he's clean, the other 2 skate 'cause they're not in a white van.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#13]
good call liberty, I say the van is simply a decoy

Also it is a cream colored van now? Do you think what they saw was a white van under the sodium clored lights at night? Are people really that stupid?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
good call liberty, I say the van is simply a decoy

Also it is a cream colored van now? Do you think what they saw was a white van under the sodium clored lights at night? Are people really that stupid?
View Quote

Apparently.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]
The sniper could also be rabbiting. That is, just moving a little bit into cover and laying low until the roadblock eases up. I still think he's continuing a pattern of A.M. and P.M. shootings on odd and even days. My guess for the next incident would be Wednesday in the A.M., in the southern area of his previous victims. I hope someone caps his dirty ass before then.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Could it be the shooter and his driver are in one vehicle,(not a white van), and a 3rd perp is in a white van and speeds off right after the shot?? He gets stopped, but skates right through, 'cause he's clean, the other 2 skate 'cause they're not in a white van.....
View Quote

Thats a pretty good idea. It also might help capture this f*ck. Remember, 3 people can keep a secret if 2 of them or dead. The more people involved the more chance that there will be a friend/family member/neighbor..etc that will notice somethings going on.

I have to walk over the top of a hill a couple times a day to go to college, and even though I live in Iowa, I still have to look around alot. This sucks and I hope it ends soon with this guys painful, painful death.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Liberty86, That exact same scenario just came to me this morning.  This could explain why he seems so elusive -2 vehicles.

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#18]
What about an accomplice in a semi-truck and trailer?  The van hides in the semi until they need to cruise and shoot.  The semi can be parked any number of places over night and a third vehicle used to go home in.

Terrorists would have the resources to do this.

It would help explain why no one has reported their neighbor's cream colored van with a tail light out or pulling in late at night etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top