Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2002 9:25:11 PM EDT

[b]The Name Micheal: (Hebrew "Who is like God?").[/b] [i](remember the Tarot card said "I AM GOD")[/i]

St. Michael is one of the principal angels; his name was the war-cry of the good angels in the battle fought in heaven against the enemy and his followers. Four times his name is recorded in Scripture:

(1) Daniel 10:13 sqq., Gabriel says to Daniel, when he asks God to permit the Jews to return to Jerusalem: "The Angel [D.V. prince] of the kingdom of the Persians resisted me . . . and, behold Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me . . . and none is my helper in all these things, but Michael your prince";

(2) Daniel 12, the Angel speaking of the end of the world and the Antichrist says: "At that time shall Michael rise up, the great prince, who standeth for the children of thy people."

(3) In the Catholic Epistle of St. Jude: "When Michael the Archangel, disputing with the devil, contended about the body of Moses", etc. St. Jude alludes to an ancient Jewish tradition of a dispute between Michael and Satan over the body of Moses, an account of which is also found in the apocryphal book on the assumption of Moses (Origen, "De principiis", III, 2, 2). St. Michael concealed the tomb of Moses; Satan, however, by disclosing it, tried to seduce the Jewish people to the sin of hero-worship. St. Michael also guards the body of Eve, according to the "Revelation of Moses" ("Apocryphal Gospels", etc., ed. A. Walker, Edinburgh, p. 647).

(4) Apocalypse 12:7, "And there was a great battle in heaven, Michael and his angels fought with the dragon." St. John speaks of the great conflict at the end of time, which reflects also the battle in heaven at the beginning of time.

According to the Fathers there is often question of St. Michael in Scripture where his name is not mentioned. They say he was the cherub who stood at the gate of paradise, "to keep the way of the tree of life" (Gen., iii, 24), the angel through whom God published the Decalogue to his chosen people, the angel who stood in the way against Balaam (Numbers 22:22 sqq.), the angel who routed the army of Sennacherib (IV Kings 19:35).

Following these Scriptural passages, Christian tradition gives to St. Michael four offices:

* To fight against Satan.
* To rescue the souls of the faithful from the power of the enemy, especially at the hour of death.
* To be the champion of God's people, the Jews in the Old Law, the Christians in the New Testament.
* To call away from earth and bring men's souls to judgment.

Source:
[url=http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10275b.htm]Catholic Encyclopedia[/url]

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The shooting tonight (MONDAY) was again near a Michael's.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, but do you have a point with this?  [>:/]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You might be on to something.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think his point is that if the tarot card  is not a false clue planted by the shooter, then the meaning of the name Michael, and the close proximity of a Michael's craft store to many of the shootings may be related.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I also think the shootings at all of the gas stations, 4 of them I believe, have something to do with the oil out of the middle east.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
St. Michael is also the patron saint of against temptations, ambulance drivers, artists, bakers, bankers, banking, battle, boatmen, Brussels Belgium, Caltanissett Sicily, coopers, Cornwall England, danger at sea, dying people, emergency medical technicians, EMTs, fencing, Germany, greengrocers, grocers, haberdashers, hatmakers, hatters, HOLY DEATH, knights, mariners, milleners, Papua New Guinea, paramedics, paratroopers, diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee, Florida, police officers, Puebla Mexico, radiologists, radiotherapists, sailors, San Miguel de Allende Mexico, archdiocese of Seattle Washington, security forces, security guards, Sibenik Croatia, sick people, soldiers, Spanish police officers, diocese of Springfield, Massachusetts, storms at sea, swordsmiths, watermen

So take your pick......

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]
chevy astro vans are also mentioned in the torah... specifically that time when joshua drove down into gideon and "he did smite the ford dealers".
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
St. Michael is also the patron saint of against temptations, ambulance drivers, artists, bakers, bankers, banking, battle, boatmen, Brussels Belgium, Caltanissett Sicily, coopers, Cornwall England, danger at sea, dying people, emergency medical technicians, EMTs, fencing, Germany, greengrocers, grocers, haberdashers, hatmakers, hatters, HOLY DEATH, knights, mariners, milleners, Papua New Guinea, paramedics, paratroopers, diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee, Florida, police officers, Puebla Mexico, radiologists, radiotherapists, sailors, San Miguel de Allende Mexico, archdiocese of Seattle Washington, security forces, security guards, Sibenik Croatia, sick people, soldiers, Spanish police officers, diocese of Springfield, Massachusetts, storms at sea, swordsmiths, watermen

So take your pick......

View Quote

Geesh, he sounds pretty busy, I wonder how the sniper gets ahold of him.....  [:P]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
chevy astro vans are also mentioned in the torah... specifically that time when joshua drove down into gideon and "he did smite the ford dealers".
View Quote

[:D]  Good one Bob.

Damn Fords.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]
"I don't care if it rains or freezes..."
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Originally I WAS fairly certain that these attacks were ferrin terrorists.

Now I'm nearly 100% sure it's some psychotic sickofuck who thinks he's doing God's work or that he thinks he IS God.

He is waging his own personal Apocolyptic religious war with American culture (not Islamic jihad-related though) and sees himself as a warrior for God battling against the evil of Satan.

He seems to take both the Jewish Sabbath (Saturday) and Christian Sabbath (Sunday) off from attacks. He may see himself as, like I quoted, "the champion of God's people, the Jews in the Old Law, the Christians in the New Testament".

He taunts the police and the media and may see himself as having an aura of holy protection and  even takes cues from them ("he hasn't hit a school yet... BANG!") to show his superiority.

Originally when the two killings at two different Micheal's stores was done - I thought that was a very eerie coincidence.

When the third one happened last night - the symbolic pattern was as obvious as an 800lb gorilla in the living room. "Micheal" is his persona and his psychotic calling.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe he's a delivery driver for the chain "Michaels"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top