Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2002 8:43:18 PM EDT
Just heard on local news (Colorado Springs, Co.) Police were called to a report of a person(s) with a gun.  On arrival, police found members of the New Life Church engaged in training their newest 'missionaries' in how to deal with the possibility of being taken hostage while overseas.  They claim to have been doing this training for 20 years now without a problem.  In just the past month or so, they had some of their missionaries taken hostage in Africa, so they take this training rather seriously (and justly so IMHO).  Police would not comment on whether or not charges were going to be pursued.  New Life Church is very well known, it's absolutely huge due to the extremely large number of church goers.  They occupy two very large buildings on what must be at least 50 acres.  They have around 6,000 members in this area last I heard.  They aren't some off the wall cult.  So WTF is wrong with these "IDIOTS" that took rubber rifles from them.  It's not like they don't know who these people are, it was huge news around here when they got their missionaries back,  News media all over them as they disembarked the plane here in Co.  Sounds like Waco mentality hard at work here, what do you think?  Karl.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want to know who the idiot that reported them is.

Is someone going to call the police next time I leave the house for the range?  Give me a break.  What country are we in again?

As far as actually TAKING rubber replicas...  If I were the church, I would sue.  What next?  Start using wooden sticks for training and they take those too?
View Quote

They're gonna start seizing those damm wooden guns they used in "Dirty Dozen: The Next Mission".
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
That doesn't sound like Colorado Springs at all. Sure it's right? Hell there are probably as many gun shops in Colorado Springs as there are in all the rest of Colorado, and over a third of the CCL holders in the entire state. Somethings missing from the report, or it was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the police were afraid they'd use them to fire rubber bullets???
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
What happened to freedom of Religion, And the seperation of church and state.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 3:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What happened to freedom of Religion, And the seperation of church and state.
View Quote
......just another lie told you whilst you were growing up,[b]EVERY "CHURCH" IS A CULT![/b] [rolleyes].....unless your church is the only REAL one [rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top