Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 6:28:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That's gotta be a plant. Something that obvious really makes me wonder about the shell casing and the Tarot card.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO, the sniper screwed up initially but is learning as he goes. The first cluster of shootings is most likely the area where the sniper lives or works. After the first grouping, the media began talking about [i]Geographic Profiling[/i]. At that point the sniper realized his mistake and so tried to muddy the waters. Any evidence from now on that points away from the initial cluster is, IMHO, very suspect.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]In addition, police have borrowed the FBI's sophisticated Rapid Start software, which sifts through the thousands of calls people have made to the special tip line, looking for connections. So far, the police say they've gleaned thousands of useful leads. [red]"We're also getting a lot of pissed-off ex-wives calling in about their hunter ex-husbands," says a detective working the investigation.[/red]
[/b]

Heh,heh....
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
My bet is that they are wasting time expecting somebody to call in and say, "My delivery guy never showed up on {date of shooting}..."

I would look for businesses with one or two self-employed individuals, engaged in work that required a van or two & maybe ladders.

Extra points for middle-eastern types in that category to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
They have a composite drawing of a suspect, according to Fox News, but will not release it to the public because they feel it may not be accurate, and even if it was, they are not 100 percent sure that it is the shooter.

The composite was gathered from video survailance tape from businesses where shootings took place or near where shootings took place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top