Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2002 5:53:58 PM EDT
Forgive me if this has been covered before but after all....The Search button is not available.

A friend sent me some links on airsoft guns and I have to admit, they really look genuine.  I was thinking of purchasing a M4gery and a Glock 19 that I could shoot in my home.

I've visited some airsoft forums and they are all obviously sold.  I guess I want to hear less biased opinions (so I post here, what am I thinking).

Anyone have experience with Airsoft?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They do look great, but they cost a fortune...I'm not going to spend over 1,000 bones for a bb gun!!! No sir!!!  I could get some sweet rifles for that kind of money.  On another note, I did just buy a $50 airsoft MP5 SD3 for my halloween costume...don't care how it shoots, but it looks sweeeet...
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
They can cost as much as the real thing if you go through all the upgrades to increase velocity and rate of fire. Several companies manufacture metal aftermarket parts to replace the plastic components of the MP5 and M16/M4 type electric airsoft rifles manufactured by Tokyo Marui.

I delved into it for a couple of months, then realized that the same money could be spent on a real firearm that would chemically launch a projectile with greater accuracy, velocity and satisfaction. Bought myself an M1A Scout.

No matter how much you spend, a toy is a toy and a firearm is a means of self defense.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheaper than paintball, and more fun! You can play anywhere without making a mess or leaving a trace (other than little plastic BBs).
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
When you start fucking around with this, those little yellow BB's will get EVERYWHERE! You'll get them stuck in your vaccum, you'll find them in your rug, they get in EVERYTHING. fifteen years from now, you'll still find them in places you couldn't imagine them getting into.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top