Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2002 1:04:01 PM EDT
It's 5pm eastern, Press conference in....5...4...3...2...1....

Are we all ready for our daily dose of Liberal Anti-Gun police Cheify poohs excuses and railing against the press.

Funny that a guy who made his career on the alter of Community Based Policing is running an investigation with guys in ninja masks stopping cars....Huh? Not that I object to the cars being stopped, I just think the whole mask thing is the highest form of hypocracy, coming as I have said, From a guy who helped write the Community Policing book.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
At least he decided to quit 'weeping' openly ...guess he got too much bad press on that...wonder if he has a publicist?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice Truck pseudo pix...

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm still waiting for Deputy Chief Squirrel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not that I object to the cars being stopped, I just think the whole mask thing is the highest form of hypocracy, coming as I have said, From a guy who helped write the Community Policing book.
View Quote

I agree about the masks. There is no good reason for gun toting men in jeans and sneakers to be walking around in traffic wearing a mask and detaining citizens.  
I think it instills fear of law enforcement, rather than trust, in the general public.  
Even if you could justify police wearing a mask, this was not the place for it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
He had a nickname out here in Oregon.....
Bullwinkle!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I object to the cars being stopped, I just think the whole mask thing is the highest form of hypocracy, coming as I have said, From a guy who helped write the Community Policing book.
View Quote

I agree about the masks. There is no good reason for gun toting men in jeans and sneakers to be walking around in traffic wearing a mask and detaining citizens.  
I think it instills fear of law enforcement, rather than trust, in the general public.  
Even if you could justify police wearing a mask, this was not the place for it.
View Quote

Agreed.  No reason for the mask.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The ONLY legitimate reason for the balaclava is for fire protection. Not much risk of that in traffic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
This moronic argument AGAIN!

Those were undercover guys who got called out because it was a emergancy and they did not want to be identified as a cop.

I guess we know now who on this board are involved in drug dealing and selling illegal weapons or perhaps murder for hire. You naturally don't want undercover police to exist nor do you care any about their lives.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Those were undercover guys who got called out because it was a emergancy and they did not want to be identified as a cop.

I guess we know now who on this board are involved in drug dealing and selling illegal weapons or perhaps murder for hire. You naturally don't want undercover police to exist nor do you care any about their lives.
View Quote

Not arguing with you but do you have a link to a source that states undercover agents are being used?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who gives a shit what their normal jobs are? If you stop me in traffic under the color of law wearing a mask I want to see a badge and some fucking ID.

Do you mean to tell me that there aren't enough law enforcement officers on this case to do a little traffic detail? I'll call bullshit on that one. Let's see, we've got the local cops, county, state, FBI, BATF and some more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Out of all of those guys you think they [b]have[/b] to have some ninjas running around wearing masks?

Those guys are a joke....
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Not arguing with you but do you have a link to a source that states undercover agents are being used?
View Quote

Everyone was called out, all agencies, all divisons, everyone.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Who gives a shit what their normal jobs are? If you stop me in traffic under the color of law wearing a mask I want to see a badge and some fucking ID.

Do you mean to tell me that there aren't enough law enforcement officers on this case to do a little traffic detail? I'll call bullshit on that one. Let's see, we've got the local cops, county, state, FBI, BATF and some more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Out of all of those guys you think they [b]have[/b] to have some ninjas running around wearing masks?

View Quote

Little traffic detail??

It was a 8 hour traffic detail with hundreds upon hundreds of LEOs involved. It required immediate response. There were a few masked officers right next to MARKED CARS and hundreds of UNIFORMED OFFICERS.

Think what you like.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Ponyboy,

Tough words, anarchist boy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no problem with everybody being called out, I just want to Know when the war on drugs became so important, that it takes priority over the public right to be stopped by police officers who are readily identifiable as Police officers.

If they were all deep undercover agents, don't you think that the drug trafficers that they are doing business with will think it's a little weird that the drug buyers that they are involved with, suddenly got called away during this whole sniper mess? Gee, you think they might be cops?

No, I'm not buying it, If your that far Donnie Brassco undercover, you don't get called out for traffic duty even with the sniper.

These guys are just run of the mill detectives, who thought they would look cool wearing masks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Little traffic detail??

It was a 8 hour traffic detail with hundreds upon hundreds of LEOs involved. It required immediate response. There were a few masked officers right next to MARKED CARS and hundreds of UNIFORMED OFFICERS.

Think what you like.
View Quote

That's what's great about America, I can think what I like, without your permission. I could also give a rats ass about someone standing next to marked cars or uniformed officers. If you can't take your mask off ninja boy let me talk to somebody else.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ponyboy,

View Quote

Thanks for the words of support six post man.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't has a probem wiff him...he be a phd in syckologee. Maryland is in goot hands wiff Cheef Moose.

They need someone else out front..

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't has a probem wiff him...he be a phd in syckologee. Maryland is in goot hands wiff Cheef Moose.

[b][red]They need someone else out front..[/red][/b]

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
View Quote

OK. OK. I'll do it.
But I want a Level III Mask and Vest when I'm up there!!! [;D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll tell ya this, I don't care if he/she's wearing a full uniform, sitting on the hood of a marked cruiser, I'm not stopping for anyone wearing a damn hood or any other facial/identity obstruction device.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll tell ya this, I don't care if he/she's wearing a full uniform, sitting on the hood of a marked cruiser, I'm not stopping for anyone wearing a damn hood or any other facial/identity obstruction device.
View Quote

...so you can imagine how I feel when the 'Muslim Lady' gets on my Bus wearing the FULL dress, including the 'burkha' (spelling may be way off, excuse me) that covers her face.
I cannot tell if this is the same lady everytime, or even if it IS a lady.
Spooky shit.  I wonder how she cashes checks at the store or bank?  Is this how she looks on her driver's license?
See what I mean?

People would freak if the Bus Driver was wearing a bandana or a full facemask...
I might try the balaclava look someday!  I can claim 'religious rights'!  Yeah.  That'd be a really FUN day on the road!

I can understand the LEO's needing to maintain their cover, though.
The fact that there were other officers everywhere else is lost on the general public, I'm sure.  Tough situation.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#22]
 I was a Jury Foreman on the trial of a person charged with abduction and rape. He had a dozen seedy looking friends in the courtroom as I stood and the clerk read our verdict of 2 life sentences and my name as foreman into the court record.I DIDN'T NEED A MASK. Be a man and own what you do and be proud of who you are.(or they could get another job with some labor involved)(the masked cops)  
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ponyboy,

View Quote

Yea ?? and who the hell are you troll boy ??
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
 I was a Jury Foreman on the trial of a person charged with abduction and rape. He had a dozen seedy looking friends in the courtroom as I stood and the clerk read our verdict of 2 life sentences and my name as foreman into the court record.I DIDN'T NEED A MASK.  
View Quote

Civilians do not face the same dangers as the brave individuals in law enforcement. When you attack their tactics, you place our very freedoms in jeopardy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Face masks, no-knock warrants, etc...  The police are here to serve and protect US!! We're not here to give up liberties to make them feel safe.  If you're LEO, expect and accept the danger.  If you don't like/want it, work for Fed-Ex.

TS  [X]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Only a criminal needs a mask.
View Quote

I couldn't agree more. This is America, not Mexico. These are policemen, not Zapatistas or banditos.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#28]
[img]http://rba1.netfirms.com/moose.jpg[/img]
(courtesy of [b]RedBloodedAmerican
[/b] at [url=http://www.FreeRepublic.com/focus/news/768154/posts]FreeRepublic.com[/url])
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting for Deputy Chief Squirrel.
View Quote

And Natasha... mmmmmmmmm

But I'll pass on Boris.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[url]http://rba1.netfirms.com/moose.jpg[/url]
(courtesy of [b]RedBloodedAmerican
[/b] at [url=http://www.FreeRepublic.com/focus/news/768154/posts]FreeRepublic.com[/url])
View Quote

hey i ive seen that truck whats the number for the tip line????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top