Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2002 10:21:47 AM EDT
He was on TV being interviewed by (I think) CNN.
The reporter asked him: ([i]because,of course everybody knows ALL former Police Commisioners are WEAPONS EXPERTS[/i]) "Could the type of rifle being used by the sniper be fired from inside a vehicle? or would the shooter have to get out?"
Well...His reply was: "Yes, the .223 is a Military round, and is VERY devastating...Wether he is using an [size=3][b]M 14[/b][/size=3] [>:/] or whatever...he could fire from inside a vehicle".
He then added: "It is too easy for people to get this type of gun, and we need to do something about that".
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LOL why don't they interview Darryl Gates (former LAPD cheif)...I mean he has his own line of Police Quest and SWAT video games, therefore he is the supreme weapons expert.

View Quote

And a supreme gun ban weenie. During the L.A. riots he when he was asked about the Koreans defending their stores, he said that no one (civilians) should be allowed to have "assault weapons".
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that is the same jerk that said to catch the sniper we would have to give up some of our civil rights, allowing house and car searches without warrant.

Some people are just assholes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
SinistralRiflemn: after the first LAPD SWAT game darryl Gates had nothing to do with the follow on's. and Swat2 was the worst of the swat series IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top